Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Dossar's MiniMegaTournament of Brutality 2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=119659)

DossarLX ODI 07-14-2011 08:43 PM

Dossar's MiniMegaTournament of Brutality 2

Welcome to Dossar's MiniMegaTournament of Brutality.

Trailer Video

FFR has been a game of rage ever since it was created. While being a fun and competitive game, it has also turned into an AAA fest. Those 5 goods you want to shave off aren't being removed, and you're stuck raging at trying to get rid of those last few goods. However, here comes a tournament where getting one, five, or even ten goods or more on a file won't screw you over. This tournament goes beyond the typical run-of-the-mill FFR file. These are batshit insane files that are made to require most useful attributes used in the game - speed, jacking, reading ability, and pattern observation. Combo based scoring is also something that can make scoring on a file ridiculously hard; here, you will be given these choices: get results based off raw score, get results based off combo based scoring, or both.

Submitting Scores

Depending on which scoring style you want to join, scores will be based off either raw score, combo based scoring, or both. For raw score, you get 50 points for a perfect, 25 for a good, 5 for an average, -10 for a miss, and -5 for a boo. For combo scoring, your combo gets multiplied by 1000, misses are -310 each, boos are -20 each, goods get multiplied by 275 and added, perfects get multiplied by 550 and added, and averages get multiplied by 55 and added.

You can update your scores at any time before the round ends. Be sure to make a new post and not edit an old one since it saves a lot of time and frustration.

All submitted scores must be in picture form, and include the entire perfect/great/average/miss/boo count, and the server details/FFR info that can be found on the top-right corner of the FFR site. Make sure the score is from the current round, because older scores won't be accepted.

This is an acceptable screenshot.

Signups/Divisions/Eliminations

Be sure to state which type of scoring you want to be in. Your placement will also be based on how you do on harder files - if you don't have scores on some FMO/FGOs in FFR, then you will have to submit scores in this thread to ensure placement. There will be 3 divisions, with the top one being for only the God Tier players who wreck FGOs, and maybe a few players that are able to AAA most FMOs. You can sign up at any point until the end of the first round. Feel free to suggest over which division you should be in, but I won't necessarily put you there.

Complaining about division placement in this thread will not be tolerated. If you are iffy about a division placement, you can PM me about it or discuss over AIM (mine is reborndossar).

There are no elimination rounds in this tournament. However, if you fail to submit scores for two rounds without a legitimate reason, you will be eliminated.

Starting Time

This tournament will begin at 11:59 pm Server Time on Saturday, July 16th. There will be 8 rounds, each lasting three days. Hopefully that will be enough time for everyone to be able to get scores in. I'll keep my other post up to date with the end date/time of the current round.

Other Rules

1. No cheating. For instance, don't try to fake scores, don't hide your skills to get put in a way worse division, and don't have a more skilled friend get scores for you. The boo cap for the combo-based scoring rounds are put in place to prevent heavy mashers from having the advantage. Don't boo glitch, DS, or overlay.

2. Don't publicly complain about what divisions people are placed in. If you publicly complain about your own placement, you WILL be moved up. PM or IM me about it.

3. I have the right to change a score, choose not to accept a score, disqualify a player, and so on. If I do this and don't provide a reason, you are free to ask me for one; it might just be a mistake.

Prizes/Donations

Tournament End Edit: CREDITS HAVE BEEN SENT. Credit distribution will be determined at the end of the tournament. You may also get a skillboost (participants of last tournament said they got a skill boost of some sort!). Donations are also welcome and greatly appreciated. Make sure to let me know if you send a donation in and I'll mention you here. Give credit donations to DossarLX ODI.

The current prize pot is:

DossarLX ODI - 500,000 (from i love you and Plan B)
Tarrik - 25,000
Sweet_Feet - 15,000

Originally, my credit count was small and the prize initially was small, but Rebound and Plan B gave a huge boost. This tournament wouldn't have been able to start so soon without them. Big shoutout to them for an awesome birthday gift! Thanks to all the donators as well.

DIVISION PLACEMENTS

Apprentice Division (D1)
- SkRAWRk [Raw + Combo]
- Kozary [Raw]
- yo man im awesome [Raw]
- Breakdown16 [Raw + Combo]
- ll sephirothll [Raw]
- Vanilla Mnm [Raw]
- Soul. [Raw]
- x_lambourghini_x [Raw + Combo]
- Falco2008 [Raw]
- MaxGhost [Raw + Combo]
- Sweagen [Raw]
- Sweet_Feet [Raw + Combo]
- ce1545 [Raw]
- hXcalltheway [Raw]
- Samwais [Raw]
- ScarletSky [Raw]
- hazard28 [Raw]
- YOSHl [Combo]

Expert Division (D2)
- Tarrik [Raw]
- Hakulyte [Raw + Combo]
- qqwref [Raw]
- WSCB [Combo]
- remedy1502 [Raw + Combo]
- stavie33 [Raw]
- Plan_Bsk81127 [Raw]
- SocoNhydro420 [Raw]
- FGO [Combo]
- GG_Guru [Raw]
- coolrun [Raw]
- flash dualist [Raw]
- iironiic [Raw]
- awein999 [Raw]
- ~Zeta~ [Raw]
- xXOpkillerXx [Combo]
- krunkykai22 [Raw]
- XXXsmittyXXX [Combo]
- LJRoX [Raw]
- icontrolyourworld [Combo]

Guru Division (D3)
- DossarLX ODI [Raw + Combo]
- samurai7694 [Raw + Combo]
- TC_Halogen [Raw]
- One Winged Angel [Raw]
- Xayphon [Combo]
- i love you [Raw]
- xXAll-ProXx [Raw + Combo]
- Frank Munoz [Raw + Combo]

Participants, SIGNUPS ARE CLOSED (34 as of now):
- DossarLX ODI [My scores will not be counted, so I will get no prizes out of this tournament. I will however be playing the rounds.]
- samurai7694
- Tarrik
- Hakulyte
- qqwref
- xXAll-ProXx
- SkRAWRk
- YOSHl
- XXXsmittyXXX
- WSCB
- Kozary
- yo man im awesome
- stavie33
- Breakdown16
- Xayphon
- Plan_Bsk81127
- Soul.
- x_lambourghini_x
- SocoNhydro420
- flash dualist
- Falco2008
- MaxGhost
- FGO
- coolrun
- Sweet_Feet
- ce1545
- iironiic
- awein999
- Frank Munoz
- xXOpkillerXx
- hXcalltheway
- Samwais
- krunkykai22
- icontrolyourworld

* If your name is not in the participant list, it means you either dropped out or were eliminated for not submitting.

psychoangel691 07-14-2011 11:47 PM

Re: Dossar's MiniMegaTournament of Brutality 2

approved

DossarLX ODI 07-14-2011 11:48 PM

The Tournament is now over.

LINKS

Link to Combo-based scoring calculator

Link to Velocity tournament engine page

Direct Velocity engine link

Link to legacy tournament engine (for reducing lag)

Flash Player 9 standalone (works better than 8 for the Velocity engine used here)

Tournament Spreadsheet (Raw Scoring)

Tournament Spreadsheet (Combo Scoring)

Credit distribution information and credit proof

Stepmania file download of this tournament

D1 songs will be played in dance 1, D2 songs will be played in dance 2, and D3 songs will played in Funk. Rock and Arcade have the previous tournament's files.

Tournament Spreadsheet Information

I will be posting scores in both divisions just so you guys know how I'm doing on these files since I created/made changes to most of them. My name and scores will be highlighted in yellow to indicate that my scores don't count towards the credit jackpot.

A box highlighted in blue means the best score that came from the round in the division. Points will be awarded to whoever does the best in their division on a round; these points will be used to determine if there is a tiebreaker at the end (Round 9).

If the numbers are in green, that means an AAA.

Red names mean players who have been eliminated due to not submitting for two rounds.

ROUND ONE

Starts 11:59 PM Server Time on July 16th, ends at 11:59 PM Server Time on July 19th

Apprentice Division (D1): Drive (For Daddy Gene) [Oni], Boo cap for combo based scoring = 25
Step Artist: Dossar

Expert Division (D2): Shock, Boo cap for combo based scoring = 50

Guru Division (D3): 2-9, Boo cap for combo based scoring = 50

ROUND TWO

Starts 11:59 PM Server Time on July 19th, ends at 11:59 PM Server Time on July 22nd

Apprentice Division (D1): Close As You'll Get, Boo cap for combo based scoring = 99

Expert Division (D2): Hot for Teacher [Oni], Boo cap for combo based scoring = 100

Guru Division (D3): Betrayal, Boo cap for combo based scoring = 100
Step Artist: samurai7694

ROUND THREE

Starts 11:59 PM Server Time on July 22nd, ends at 11:59 PM Server Time on July 25th

Apprentice Division (D1): Zero Gs, Boo cap for combo based scoring = 100

Expert Division (D2): /mu/tant corecore, Boo cap for combo based scoring = 100
Step Artist: t-rogdor vs. Dossar

Guru Division (D3): Satisfaction, Boo cap for combo based scoring = 100

ROUND FOUR

Starts 11:59 PM Server Time on July 25th, ends at 11:59 PM Server Time on July 28th

Apprentice Division (D1): C'mon Y'all (Clean), Boo cap for combo based scoring = 100

Expert Division (D2): Victorymanias, Boo cap for combo based scoring = 100
Step Artist: Dossar (and thanks to samurai7694 for the song !_!)

Guru Division (D3): Monolith, Boo cap for combo based scoring = 300

ROUND FIVE

Starts 11:59 PM Server Time on July 28th, ends at 11:59 PM Server Time on July 31st

Apprentice Division (D1): Baba O' Riley, Boo cap for combo based scoring = 100

Expert Division (D2): PARANOiA, Boo cap for combo based scoring = 400

Guru Division (D3): Ignorance, Boo cap for combo based scoring = 300

ROUND SIX

Starts 11:59 PM Server Time on July 31st, ends at 11:59 PM Server Time on August 3rd

Apprentice Division (D1): 5.1.1. [edit], Boo cap for combo based scoring = 100

Expert Division (D2): Mad Blast, Boo cap for combo based scoring = 300

Guru Division (D3): We Belong, Boo cap for combo based scoring = 300

ROUND SEVEN

Starts 11:59 PM Server Time on August 3rd, ends at 11:59 PM Server Time on August 6th

Apprentice Division (D1): Drop Out (K.O.G Remix), Boo cap for combo based scoring = 250

Expert Division (D2): DROP OUT, Boo cap for combo based scoring = 400

Guru Division (D3): DROP OUT [Death Mix], Boo cap for combo based scoring = 400

ROUND EIGHT [FINAL]

Starts 11:59 PM Server Time on August 6th, ends at 11:59 PM Server Time on August 9th

Apprentice Division (D1): Take this life, Boo cap for combo based scoring = 777

Expert Division (D2): Bleed Red, Boo cap for combo based scoring = 666
Step Artist: V-Ormix vs. Dossar

Guru Division (D3): HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Boo cap for combo based scoring = 1,337
Step Artist: samurai7694

TIEBREAKER (OVER)

Starts 11:59 PM Server Time on August 9th, ends at 11:59 PM Server Time on August 10th

All Divisions: I will be your number 1, Boo cap for combo based scoring = 200

TIEBREAKER IS OVER!

Tiebreaker winners:

RAW D1
2 points
- yo man im awesome
- MaxGhost
- SkRAWRk
1 point
- Breakdown16
- ce1545
- Soul.
- Falco2008

RAW D2
2 points
- SocoNhydro420
- Hakulyte
- stavie33
1 point
- flash dualist
- Tarrik
- qqwref
- awein999
- coolrun

RAW D3
N/A

COMBO D1
N/A

COMBO D2
1 point
- Hakulyte
- FGO

COMBO D3
4 points
- Xayphon
- samurai7694

TOURNAMENT WINNERS:

RAW D1 - yo man im awesome
RAW D2 - Plan_Bsk81127
RAW D3 - Frank Munoz

COMBO D1 - YOSHl
COMBO D2 - xXOpkillerXx
COMBO D3 - Xayphon

Tarrik 07-14-2011 11:49 PM

In :D - Edit, in for raw scoring haha.

Hakulyte 07-14-2011 11:51 PM

In.

GG_Guru 07-14-2011 11:52 PM

In.

qqwref 07-14-2011 11:53 PM

In :)

Raw only, I think.

TC_Halogen 07-14-2011 11:55 PM

In. (raw)

One Winged Angel 07-14-2011 11:57 PM

In, and I'll play and submit every round....as long as I'm not in D3 with all you crazy fucks lmao

Also raw only

edit: GOD DAM<N IT KLFAMKFSMLASMK MLKFASMLKGKMLGSDLMK

xXAll-ProXx 07-15-2011 12:16 AM

in, raw only

I won't quit like last time, I promise :)

XXXsmittyXXX 07-15-2011 01:05 AM

I'm in, combo again.

WSCB 07-15-2011 01:21 AM

In. :] (raw)

EDIT lol: WANTS TO BE IN COMBO SCORING NOW.

EDIT 2: Problem solved. I'm in both now. >_>

Kozary 07-15-2011 01:23 AM

In, ill try D1 as ill be mashing away like an amateur. If i get accepted ill let you know what scoring ill use.

DossarLX ODI 07-15-2011 01:31 AM

Everyone is accepted, haha. You just have you state what scoring you want.

DossarLX ODI 07-15-2011 01:54 AM

Also, if my post becomes derped, I have the backup .txt files of them. It'll happen several times throughout the tournament haha.

remedy1502 07-15-2011 02:01 AM

In both

stavie33 07-15-2011 02:21 AM

I missed the first, may as well join the second, gonna get raped though, these songs are mad shit bro

ll sephirothll 07-15-2011 03:20 AM

im in
(raw)

Breakdown16 07-15-2011 04:45 AM

Already? Holy crap, can't wait. In for both. Dunno whether you're going to put me in D1 or D2, though; I'm better than all D1 players but worse than all D2 players. -.-

SkRAWRk 07-15-2011 05:07 AM

Can I be in for both instead of just Raw please? :3 I figure it might give me a little more variety in the ways I attempt the songs.

Oh, your second post is derped (already) and there's some discrepancies in your first posts and just generally confusing things. xD Maybe you should read through them again. :P

EDIT: Is it okay if I "ghost" D2? xD