Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What's "that one file" for you? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=152254)

skiddoom 08-26-2020 10:48 AM

What's "that one file" for you?

When I mean "that one file" I mean that file that always gets ya going, you're breathing a lot, your heart rate goes up, and all that.

For me, it's Death Moon. It's a great test of my stamina and I finally managed to pass it today.

Dynam0 08-26-2020 12:20 PM

Re: What's "that one file" for you?

iirc I made a post on ODI in 2008 when I first A'd NVLM's Death Moon Edit chart on StepMania. The caption was something like "I had the red face and fast heart beat for this one", naturally the post got trolled and quoted in someone's sig. I'm positive it was a Death Moon score, but can't prove obviously lol.

Death Moon as a song just seems to get the blood pumping ;)

_DJ Vinyl_ 08-26-2020 12:32 PM

Honestlly loved Circle Pit as just as a file is great. Don't get me wrong the song is good too, but I love the last part of the song where it has lots of jumpstream timed parts. the walls get me tho as they can come out of nowhere.

SubaruPoptart 08-26-2020 12:38 PM

For me it's gotta be Herbie Goes Ballistic. 5 minutes and I definitely can AAA it it's just will nerves and (to a lesser extent) my keyboard let me?

Otherwise it'd be a n y lower-level file that's over 3-4 minutes long. They stress me tf out because I know for a fact I'm gonna miss or screw up at some point. It's easier for me to mess up just a couple notes as opposed to constant notes.

Blue Army v2 and Gate Openerz, thinking of you, pretty much any marathon stream song on top of that. They're fun and stressful. :)

ULTIMEGA 08-26-2020 12:42 PM

For me, it's a three-way tie between My Favorite Shoes (Which I feel is best played at 1.3x, by the way) Ereshkigal and, as controversial as it might be, grind2.

Ereshkigal is a special case though since it has that dark kind of feel to it with the piano going the entire way. It has a sort of dark, tempting atmosphere that lets me imagine some kind of boss fight in an RPG game.

My favorite Shoes is one of those happy-feeling tunes. The intro isn't a lackluster intro. It actually feels like you've accomplished something when you listened to it.

grind2 should be kind of obvious. But if it's not, I'll keep it simple. It's just random, wild, and just keeps you on your toes. You really need to pay attention when playing this chart.

Psychotik 08-26-2020 12:56 PM

.357 Magnum. Choked way too many AAAs in the final 200~ notes

Hakulyte 08-26-2020 01:08 PM

The Scales of Strangeness especially with AAA into ending.

SK8R43 08-26-2020 01:09 PM

Definitely Frictional Nevada for me...The ending is easy and i should have it aaad but nerves get me a good literally 100% of the time. Ive gotten more than 10 bfs on that file lmao

Edit: Bang has got to be my newest one though. gotten multiple Bfs, heart beating fast at the end haha

XelNya 08-26-2020 01:17 PM

Twister / Teni

if you don't get pumped playing those I do not actually know what to tell you.

choof 08-26-2020 01:41 PM

zombie sunset and aj's contain for sure

FlynnMac 08-26-2020 02:00 PM

Gate Openerz and Goblin for me as of right now, pretty much nerveblocked on both right now xD

Pizza69 08-26-2020 02:03 PM

Starbound. There's nothing better than a good marathon file and the 48th streams at the end get me so pumped up, feels so good to play

Also Antigravity because the song and the chart just slap so hard

rushyrulz 08-26-2020 02:07 PM

Full Mast is goat

ositzxz369 08-26-2020 08:33 PM

Herbie Goes Ballistic as a song & as a stepfile is very dynamic. Aside from :vs: files, System Doctor is fun to jumptrill & jumpjack.

Blackskull305 08-26-2020 08:38 PM

OWA Raged in Vegas (Fuck Bees) always gets me going when I've got a AAA going into the second half and make it past the 24th stream section after the sandstorm jacks.

klimtkiller 08-26-2020 09:11 PM

i was about to list a bunch of files i hate but then i read the thread

Pizza69 08-26-2020 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klimtkiller (Post 4741319)
i was about to list a bunch of files i hate but then i read the thread

do it u wont

mi40 08-26-2020 09:25 PM

klungkung 2004
twelve
vertex beta
across rooftops
sympathizer

i couldn't choose one but these are all ones i used to play a lot and struggle with (while enjoying them a lot) so whenever i play them now i still get that tingly feeling and my hands are sweaty

Devilchilly 08-26-2020 10:23 PM

heterosexual iridocyclitis 1g

while sleeping (the big sleep) 1g

rave 7: intro mindblocked, 24th streams are also super mindblockable and usually requires luck for me to even AAA. 2nd half is just play and pray.

gold stinger 08-27-2020 04:11 AM

AIM Anthem, Club.