Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Other Music Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Stepmania players? Past or Current? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115761)

TunerxP 11-29-2010 01:44 AM

Stepmania players? Past or Current?

So, I've been wondering if anyone here plays Stepmania? It's just like any dance-rhythm game on the internet... so similar to FFR, but just a lot more customizable. It's not a flash game, so that's why. Anyways, just wondering if anyone here actually plays; I love Stepmania, but the online version for it sucks.

icontrolyourworld 11-29-2010 01:51 AM

Re: Stepmania players? Past or Current?

Everyone in this thread does. http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=37396
and smo rules imo, why do you hate it?

Patashu 11-29-2010 03:31 AM

lots of people play stepmania here

leonid 11-29-2010 03:32 AM

what's a stepmania

AsphyxZero 11-29-2010 04:08 AM

Kinda weird reading through the first couple pages of SM Scores.
2006 seems so long ago rofl.

Eyes_Rutherford 12-2-2010 09:56 AM

I still play stepmans everyonce in a while. Still fun to play.

i love you 12-2-2010 10:13 AM

I heard Stepmania cures cancer

hazard28 12-2-2010 10:21 AM

You heard right I Love You. Stepmania is great...nobody I know besides me plays it anymore though =/ however it's not like anybody where I live plays ANYTHING related to rhythm lol. Loner gamer here in redneck-ville.

kommisar 12-2-2010 11:57 AM

100% of active posters in the simfile section play stepmania

40% of active ffr players play stepmania

everyone here plays stepmania: www.keybeatonline.com

everyone here plays stepmania: www.otakusdream.com

everyone here plays stepmania: www.stepmaniaonline.eu

everyone here plays stepmania: http://cafe.naver.com/stepcafe.cafe (72,319 registered users)

yea man. people play this.

Wineandbread 12-2-2010 12:10 PM

niec statistics br0

mnnicol 12-2-2010 02:04 PM

Wow, what's that Korean page? Surely there must be some good players over there?

And Stepmania ruined my right wrist gg

OneHandNow 12-2-2010 03:43 PM

lol the korean sims are easy

kommisar[os] 12-2-2010 03:47 PM

the smoc files are o2jam dumpstreams lol I can't pass most of them

Rodrig0v 12-2-2010 03:51 PM

who's the best SM player of the world? is there any video of him?

DossarLX ODI 12-3-2010 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodrig0v (Post 3358090)
who's the best SM player of the world? is there any video of him?

Protip: There isn't one, despite what you would expect after seeing what's happened on FFR.

There is such a huge variety of files that there are going to be files you won't do good on, 100% guaranteed. Stepmania has many aspects, such as xmod, MA (which FFR doesn't have), speed, jacking, mines (ugh), holds, and RATES.

It isn't really useful to try discussing who's better or not because for example, AlexDest has gotten 4 perfects on Visitor and mid DDP on pokemon medley (20+ minute file) while midare has gotten incomprehensible MA scores such as reality.wav 14 perfects and a lot of other MA stuff. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses in stepmania - did you know, Rubix said he got 8p 2g on white flag, but midare got a 2 perfect AAA? Yeah, like I said, there isn't *a* best stepmania player.

Izzy 12-3-2010 01:32 AM

Nima 8-)

DossarLX ODI 12-3-2010 01:39 AM

Nima still got wrecked on several files (I beat his BS vertex gamma 3 cbs, I got 2 cbs HAHA), and his blur got beaten too, I don't know many of his scores though.

MinaciousGrace 12-3-2010 02:10 AM

herp derp

Xiaounlimited 12-3-2010 02:44 AM

stepmania has more drama than a korean primetime drama

dang

Garquillex 12-3-2010 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3358924)
Protip: There isn't one, despite what you would expect after seeing what's happened on FFR.

There is such a huge variety of files that there are going to be files you won't do good on, 100% guaranteed. Stepmania has many aspects, such as xmod, MA (which FFR doesn't have), speed, jacking, mines (ugh), holds, and RATES.

It isn't really useful to try discussing who's better or not because for example, AlexDest has gotten 4 perfects on Visitor and mid DDP on pokemon medley (20+ minute file) while midare has gotten incomprehensible MA scores such as reality.wav 14 perfects and a lot of other MA stuff. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses in stepmania - did you know, Rubix said he got 8p 2g on white flag, but midare got a 2 perfect AAA? Yeah, like I said, there isn't *a* best stepmania player.

I think a better way of saying it is that while there's always a best, it's not worth figuring it out. Of course there's a best, there has to be, it's just too difficult and needless to worry about solving.