Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151050)

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 12:31 AM

Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

I'd even push it and say that Gold Stinger/Wayward Vagabond are town too.

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 12:34 AM

Oh yeah, Antori is most likely town too despite being wrong on his takes based on how he's writing posts.

flashflash account 07-5-2019 12:39 AM

I'm ready to town read haku acknowledging that I'm missing the context between him and Soundwave

storn42 07-5-2019 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4682235)
i am a wolf
*wink*

;)

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 12:42 AM

Xel/Gradiant/ffa are in my null pile.

Xel didn't hit his tone flag so far so, I cannot town read yet.

Gradiant is in an interesting post, but he's stuck in a world where he could go either way.

ffa literally described his own problem this game
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4681278)
Also I'm not going to keep up with this game like normal for both obvious and less obvious reasons

It's hard to interpret your game commitment to evaluate you because your posts aren't necessarily pushing far enough to associate them with a stance.

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 12:44 AM

interesting spot*

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 12:56 AM

I feel like tambu will get modkilled for not meeting 5 posts at this rate.
Dafty.Pixel doesn't have enough content to be more than a coin flip to me.

Svaz town.

Roundbox slight town lean, but not quite there yet.
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4681910)
I disagree with fg's wolfreads on Shadow God and Soundwave. I don't believe that Soundwave denying having the item or talking about the item is NAI. He obviously could have a reason to lie about having it (if he rolled scum), therefore alignment could have an influence on his response. I thought his response seemed rather towny and the right amount of apologetic. A wolf might have apologized a bit more than him.

As for Shadow God, I think he deserves some more time and that him getting lynched as wolf last game is just a sad happenstance

WV, I'm glad you're a fan of my nihilposting. I do want to point out WV that you are much more active this game than previous ones. What's the change that's making you post more?

Idk why Dai is tinfoiling on storn. I just don't know where that post came from given the context of the rest of his posts at that time period

And ffa's hot thought on xiz nemesis being a 3p is a nice take and makes me think FFA is not 3p at all

This game is at huge risk for multiball, just saying

This is looking good tbh.

Not liking DBP much because baiting meta imo #detective

I'm very confused about how to read Raeko this game. Feels like she's been pushing positive vibes, but I'm not sure if the source is legitimate.

Shadow_God_10 is struggling with content. I guess I'll give him time to see how his game progression goes.

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 12:58 AM

Well, game is solved. Goodbye.

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 01:00 AM

Oh yeah, funnier6 is town too by tone based on my no experience with funnier6. (why not)

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 01:04 AM

Shadow_God_10, I guess you'll need to take 5 seconds to tell me that AGT means in your posts.

storn42 07-5-2019 01:27 AM

Something feels off about FG. I've just been getting bad vibes the more and more i though about her and the gs vote. I looked through her posts and as far as i could tell, her early game felt fine, but were mostly vague "feely" reads and shit posts. The exception being her almost instant very strong town read on funnier. idk, it just felt a bit quick and convenient to almost instantly town lean a player who most of us haven't played much with.

a lot of her later posts this phase seem to be mostly sheeping other people. be it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4681993)
gs is a better way to go than soundwave or ffa atm, so i'll help wv out with putting pressure there.

or

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4681995)
gonna go along with the consensus and say storn's likely town

Another interesting thing is the connection between her two votes this phase. Both of them are amusingly about how fast someone can post/read things.z

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4681814)
shadowgod

think about how long it takes to type out a post in the first place. then how long it takes to check a post and how long it would take to realize you got no wolf reads

I'm also not a big fan of how she came off shadow. especially this defense about how the wolves would just "coach him". I really dont think what people dont do are as strong as what they actually do. The reliance on wolf day chat for the read just rubs me the wrong way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4682089)
couple pages ago

with wolves having daychat and all i'd assume shadow would receive help to not be an easy mislynch again

he's acting in a way that suggests he's alone, especially with how he was posting last night

he's worth leaving alone

The GS vote, though, is was started this all, and still the thing that bothers me the most. I never liked the GS wagon and was never onboard with it. The way FG just jumps on to "apply pressure" doesn't really work. Especially when GS was under enough "pressure" to be defending himself in the ways that he was. And if you really want i can play that "wolf day chat" thing too. What if fg only jumped on the wagon because her teammate had some reason to want GS dead?!?! a bs read right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4681993)
gs is a better way to go than soundwave or ffa atm, so i'll help wv out with putting pressure there. shadowgod's a bad d0 lynch because he's an easy mislynch (sorry), so my vote had to change anyway

i'm going off of feels here, but i'm getting the impression that most of gs's recent posts have been him defending himself against wv. lmk if i'm wrong. defensive plays instead of offensive plays are wolf tells after all

Honestly, i can be happy with a FG lynch today.
funnygrill

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 01:27 AM

America's Got Talent would be my guess with google.

Anyway, I kind of need to settle what to do about upcoming EoD this early.

Soundwave, where would you vote this phase ?

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 01:29 AM

Yeah Storn, I'm kind of on the same page with you on this with her.

Soundwave- 07-5-2019 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4682266)

Anyway, I kind of need to settle what to do about upcoming EoD this early.

Soundwave, where would you vote this phase ?

Haven't thought too hard about it yet, but if phase was ending tonight I'd say ffa.

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 01:31 AM

What are your thoughts on Funnygurl555 ?

Soundwave- 07-5-2019 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4682269)
What are your thoughts on Funnygurl555 ?

That's a good question.

Shadow_God_10 07-5-2019 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4682262)
Shadow_God_10, I guess you'll need to take 5 seconds to tell me that AGT means in your posts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4682266)

DINGDINGDING! We've got a winner!

Sorry I'm swamped with work. I just popped in and read this for a hot second.

I saw Storn with the monster post there with quotes I'll check that out in a little bit!

I'll try to pop in when I can I've got alarms and shit all over the fucking place tonight (for those of who you aren't aware I work nights at an airport)

Soundwave- 07-5-2019 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4681429)
ffa's one of my favorite twg players

I feel like I have to policy this tbh.

Shadow_God_10 07-5-2019 01:34 AM

Good news is I'm off for three whole days starting at 07:00. So I MIGHT be around for EoD it all depends on if plans I made happen or fall through

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwave- (Post 4682272)

is Funnygurl someone you never considered evaluating in this game until now ?

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 01:37 AM

(I would hate playing against myself if I was a wolf)

Soundwave- 07-5-2019 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4681766)
i don't see the incentive for a wolf to lie here

then again, i don't know what you sent soundwave

idk i think soundwave rn's being nai

believing me easily and then being null feels really weird, the implication being that fg knew what happened, which is not impossible because Xiz, but as is with mystery, any one weird world is significantly less likely than the one where nothing happened and this is just weird to me.

Soundwave- 07-5-2019 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4682274)
is Funnygurl someone you never considered evaluating in this game until now ?

I generally don't seriously form evaluations on someone until pretty near end of phase because it just doesn't matter unless I'm interacting with that person and/or think I can get something out of that person.

Soundwave- 07-5-2019 01:43 AM

If I felt like doing isos to kill time though either sunfan or fg was probably next

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwave- (Post 4682277)
believing me easily and then being null feels really weird, the implication being that fg knew what happened, which is not impossible because Xiz, but as is with mystery, any one weird world is significantly less likely than the one where nothing happened and this is just weird to me.

At this point I was just reading Funnygurl at PR hunting me over my role stuff, but my role is so bad on paper that I didn't even care to see how she would react. I didn't like the interaction much in general. I feel like she got a bit greedy without much reason.

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 01:45 AM

in b4 I flip and you guys realize I was a normal VT all along.

storn42 07-5-2019 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4682281)
in b4 I flip and you guys realize I was a normal VT all along.

Haku died
Haku was Chocolate Town

anyways, with that shitpost i'm out for the night.

Soundwave- 07-5-2019 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4682280)
At this point I was just reading Funnygurl at PR hunting me over my role stuff, but my role is so bad on paper that I didn't even care to see how she would react. I didn't like the interaction much in general. I feel like she got a bit greedy without much reason.

I dunno, I'm under the impression that basically nobody in this game is vt (this is just an angleshoot hunch), so it seems weird.

fg has done/said some objectionable things, but nothing that seems AI in current context.

(Granted, I'm mid iso, so my opinion might change in like 2 seconds)

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 01:48 AM

I mean, if you don't want to give me reads on top of telling me my action did nothing, I'm going to be a sad panda if you flip town.

Soundwave- 07-5-2019 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4681992)
the more wv tunnels gs the more i start to believe him

This is pretty ? especially without context

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 01:49 AM

Please look at Storn's post for the main idea.

Soundwave- 07-5-2019 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4682284)
I mean, if you don't want to give me reads on top of telling me my action did nothing, I'm going to be a sad panda if you flip town.

I mean I've been more than open with my thoughts thus far. If you'd like me to buckle down and take inventory I'd be happy to tomorrow morning.

Soundwave- 07-5-2019 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4682286)
Please look at Storn's post for the main idea.

Which one, particularly?

Soundwave- 07-5-2019 02:00 AM

I think her Shadow read is reasonable even if I don't feel as strongly on it. The wv/gs thing is the only part where my opinion on that may reflect on her.

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwave- (Post 4682288)
Which one, particularly?

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...&postcount=971

Do you think me and Storn are hallucinating wolfy plays from her ?

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwave- (Post 4682287)
I mean I've been more than open with my thoughts thus far. If you'd like me to buckle down and take inventory I'd be happy to tomorrow morning.

That'd be nice, but I won't be around. You'll have to settle things with others.

Soundwave- 07-5-2019 02:15 AM

Read storns post and it mostly coincides with what I noticed during iso. My problem is I don't see a wolf motive behind fg's play, I just see bad play.

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 02:17 AM

I think what's confusing me with you Soundwave is that I haven't seen you follow up plays from others.

You do your own thing like I've been doing and in the particular context of this game, it's just throwing me off because I struggle to build an opinion of you.

It's like I can't compare you with the others due to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwave- (Post 4682293)
Read storns post and it mostly coincides with what I noticed during iso. My problem is I don't see a wolf motive behind fg's play, I just see bad play.

I mean sure, I want to entertain that world. The problem is that "if she's doing a bad play here, what was the point of the play itself ?"

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 02:23 AM

My version of it was that she was trying to push worlds that I don't believe are true and she was also trying to figure out more out of my role than she needed to.

I can see a potential wolf agenda here.

If you take like Shadow_God_10 by example. I tried to push him and regardless of what I was given, I had nothing to build a wolf lean on him in terms of wolfy progression. It could still be a wolf, but there was no "wolfy play" fmpov to be found there.

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 02:25 AM

Honestly, what's throwing me off the most is that she was trying to protect you over my mechanical call.

Soundwave- 07-5-2019 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4682294)
I think what's confusing me with you Soundwave is that I haven't seen you follow up plays from others.

You do your own thing like I've been doing and in the particular context of this game, it's just throwing me off because I struggle to build an opinion of you.

It's like I can't compare you with the others due to it.

I mean that's a fundamental weakness in my play. It's rare enough for me to do my own thing, even rarer to synergize with others. In ltwg I'm just starting to get grasp enough of the game to be able to manage it occasionally, but forum twg is much harder for me in this regard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4682294)
I mean sure, I want to entertain that world. The problem is that "if she's doing a bad play here, what was the point of the play itself ?"

Yeah... but where do you put that versus little substantive play? (Or even if you want to argue that point with ffa, other bad plays)

That's not even a question you should have to ask, but here we are.

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 02:28 AM

Funny didn't feel like she was trying to build reads on players.

It felt more like really quick town reads from nowhere on multiple players.

I didn't like that at all.

Soundwave- 07-5-2019 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4682295)
My version of it was that she was trying to push worlds that I don't believe are true and she was also trying to figure out more out of my role than she needed to.

I can see a potential wolf agenda here.

idk, maybe I'm giving her too much credit? The pushes do not seem like genuine pushes because they're just that bad, but I also don't have a history with funnygurl so maybe I'm getting thrown off by being in a different meta.

I do see where you're coming from in terms of the PR hunting though.

Does make me wonder about her idea of what roles are in the game, to be targeting you specifically for hunting (although you did pretty much throw your role out there).

I could see a world where role hunting is potentially construed as towny, so I don't think I can say its AI so much as, again, bad play.

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 02:31 AM

Well, do you think she's town or wolf ?

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 02:33 AM

That's literally the only thing left I'd really like to know.

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4682248)
I have Sunfan/YoshL/Funnygurl555 as wolves and a town read on Soundwave.

Am I doing it right ?

Removing YoshL from that list and swapping with DBP.

Soundwave- 07-5-2019 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4682302)
Well, do you think she's town or wolf ?

town I guess? I just don't see here as a good d0 lynch rn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4682304)
Removing YoshL from that list and swapping with DBP.

Interesting.

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwave- (Post 4682305)
town I guess? I just don't see here as a good d0 lynch rn.

I was hoping to lynch her over you tbh.

Soundwave- 07-5-2019 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4682306)
I was hoping to lynch her over you tbh.

In your world, I could see lynching me being pretty fair.

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 02:50 AM

I want more worlds, but I need the players and the time to build them.

Soundwave- 07-5-2019 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4682308)
I want more worlds, but I need the players and the time to build them.

Staying in that world at this point in time is NAI at worst, towny if someone believes you. If there's anything to defend in lynching me, I doubt it'll be much of a loss to only be able to negotiate it amongst the others.

Vote as you wish.

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 02:56 AM

It's not just about voting, it's also about figuring out how the setup works, if there's multiple teams, how many wolves there are etc.

the sun fan 07-5-2019 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4681554)
if you picked two husbandos, very cool town lean

only one still wolf lean

this post is by far the funniest thing I've seen raeko post in a very long time
god its so perfect

Soundwave- 07-5-2019 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4682310)
It's not just about voting, it's also about figuring out how the setup works, if there's multiple teams, how many wolves there are etc.

Right, but I think we've... well, I dunno, I guess if you don't believe me then maybe you think otherwise, but I've come to the conclusion that between the two of us there's not more to divulge at this juncture.

I cannot be the more players and time you wish for, as much as I would entrust those to you if I could.

Shadow_God_10 07-5-2019 02:59 AM

Honestly the only thing that has me quiet today as opposed to last night is that I have never played with I daresay 17 of the 22 players (two of which I didn't even know existed until yesterday) If I knew more about how all of you played I think I could be way more useful.

I'll probably post again when I've finished work. I have a couple gut feelings but I want to check posts again to just see and make sure I'm not speaking before I think again.

Soundwave- 07-5-2019 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4682311)
this post is by far the funniest thing I've seen raeko post in a very long time
god its so perfect

It's only funny if I imagine her saying it in ltwg.

Shadow_God_10 07-5-2019 03:01 AM

I also just realized that this is how D0 went for me in my first game. Fuck.

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4682313)
Honestly the only thing that has me quiet today as opposed to last night is that I have never played with I daresay 17 of the 22 players (two of which I didn't even know existed until yesterday) If I knew more about how all of you played I think I could be way more useful.

I'll probably post again when I've finished work. I have a couple gut feelings but I want to check posts again to just see and make sure I'm not speaking before I think again.

Just keep trying until you get somewhere.
Even if you solve nothing, maybe people will mostly solve you out of it.

Shadow_God_10 07-5-2019 03:04 AM

Despite being busy I did a bit of research on a past game to help myself to help you all as best as I can (I think I got to like, page 34 which wasn't even near the end of D0 that game)

I might have to do a lot more digging to find out metas on all the people that I've never played with. Why I didn't think of this BEFORE the game started I have no idea

Shadow_God_10 07-5-2019 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4682316)
Just keep trying until you get somewhere.
Even if you solve nothing, maybe people will mostly solve you out of it.

I never thought of it that way. I mean pitching in and such helps out and opinions are good to give, but if other players can solve you then it can help town secure a win in the long run.

Shadow_God_10 07-5-2019 03:07 AM

What I think I'm trying to say here is: If people solve you it's one less piece of the puzzle for everyone in town to worry about so they can focus elsewhere. If that makes sense

Shadow_God_10 07-5-2019 03:11 AM

Probably last post from work. Unless something hits me like a Mack truck and I put some stuff together.

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4682319)
What I think I'm trying to say here is: If people solve you it's one less piece of the puzzle for everyone in town to worry about so they can focus elsewhere. If that makes sense

That's the point, but "making yourself solved" can be pretty hard (or easy) depending on how your meta works.

You also don't necessarily need to care about finding wolves. You could simply try to find players that you really really believe are town based on how you felt when you played as wolf.

Funnygurl555 07-5-2019 03:36 AM

im at war with a housefly right now and this is such a stupid existence

Funnygurl555 07-5-2019 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwave- (Post 4682272)

oh for fucks sake don't be one of those

Funnygurl555 07-5-2019 03:42 AM

should i let y'all mislynch me? debating

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 03:59 AM

I'm tired of mislynching you, but I will keep mislynching you until you stop making me mislynch you if you're town.

-shrugs-

Funnygurl555 07-5-2019 04:00 AM

ok i won the battle against the fly thank god ugh annoying pos

anyway, just wanna say, i haven't even taken that long of a break from this place, but i've already realized that compared to other communities, y'all are needlessly negative. if you lynch me and cite my "bad" play, know that i'm not responsible for the flip; you are. you might want to contest this in the event that it happens, but i hope you'll get what i'm saying in due time.

quite a few of you are very arrogant players. quit it. it makes you more hesitant to change your mind or accept quality content from other players when it does come around

perhaps this was a commentary for post game (or perhaps it's premature given eod's a ways), but i've been advised to air out any negative juju immediately, so. and i still love you guys, and i don't remember feeling this so strongly

Funnygurl555 07-5-2019 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4682327)
I'm tired of mislynching you, but I will keep mislynching you until you stop making me mislynch you if you're town.

-shrugs-

i'm not making you do anything; it's your choice

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 04:03 AM

I don't consider your posts bad plays. Please read.

Funnygurl555 07-5-2019 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4682330)
I don't consider your posts bad plays. Please read.

not you, but others

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4682329)
i'm not making you do anything; it's your choice

I'm dependant on what others make me read.

Soundwave- 07-5-2019 04:05 AM

Positivity and acceptance are not virtues of twg, I'm sorry.

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwave- (Post 4682333)

They're a popular wolf strat to rally people into mislynches tbh.

Soundwave- 07-5-2019 04:08 AM

Obligatory "guilting town on a lynch is anti-town"

Funnygurl555 07-5-2019 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwave- (Post 4682333)

no hard feelings

and y'all will get it soon, hopefully

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 04:10 AM

I don't know, there's a solid 80% chance the remaining 17-18 players cfd something randomly in the last 30 minutes of this phase when everyone decides to care about something random.

Shadow_God_10 07-5-2019 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4682324)
im at war with a housefly right now and this is such a stupid existence

I really. REALLY. R E A L L Y. Needed this laugh.

Okay LAST TIME BACK TO WORK I PROMISE. I KEEP FUCKING SQUIRRELING

Hakulyte 07-5-2019 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4682315)
I also just realized that this is how D0 went for me in my first game. Fuck.

I almost wanted to believe this as towny, but I still can't.

Shadow_God_10 07-5-2019 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4682339)
I almost wanted to believe this as towny, but I still can't.

Absolutely understandable. It's for the reason listed at post #1015.

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...postcount=1015

^^^ For those of you too lazy to go back and see