Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   IP bans? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=139841)

Celos 11-23-2014 02:58 PM

IP bans?

I use Tor browser for most of my internet browsing if I can get away with it, but some times when I connect I get an IP address that's been banned by the site. Closing and restarting the browser fixes the issue most times, but I'm mostly curious if this could eventually be bad news for me, if I continue to keep playing.

_Zenith_ 11-23-2014 03:00 PM

Re: IP bans?

You should seriously be using a different browser than Tor

Celos 11-23-2014 03:02 PM

You're right, I should! But I won't.

Kraezymann 11-23-2014 03:09 PM

Any particular reason why? FFR is about the only time you'd need to worry about it.

Or grab the standalone?

Celos 11-23-2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraezymann (Post 4237368)
Any particular reason why? FFR is about the only time you'd need to worry about it.

Or grab the standalone?

As to why I use Tor browser?
edit: Ah, I can't post urls yet.
torproject.org/about/torusers.html.en

I do use the standalone, but sometimes I'm even unable to log-in due to the IP address I receive. Basically, what I'm asking is, am I okay with using Tor, or should I worry about getting an account ban as well?

edit 2: Oh, spambots. I see. I solemnly swear that I am up to no good not a spambot. :P

Wayward Vagabond 11-23-2014 04:40 PM

stop being so shady. if you do nothing wrong you have nothing to hide

choof 11-23-2014 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4237421)
stop being so shady. if you do nothing wrong you have nothing to hide

i really hope this post is a joke

choof 11-23-2014 04:53 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_privacy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compute...k_surveillance

Quote:

The monitoring is often carried out covertly and may be completed by, or at the behest of governments, by corporations, criminal organizations, or individuals. It may or may not be legal and may or may not require authorization from a court or other independent government agency.
like, it's a blatant invasion of privacy rofl. regardless if someone has something to hide or not, privacy is a right, not a privilege.

Wayward Vagabond 11-23-2014 05:10 PM

=|

MinaciousGrace 11-23-2014 05:17 PM

what if secretive invasion of privacy is a fetish of mine

MinaciousGrace 11-23-2014 05:17 PM

not my invasion of other peoples' of course that would be weird

choof 11-23-2014 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4237432)
=|

joke post confirmed carry on citizen

Darkregen 11-23-2014 05:32 PM

It can be bad news if you do that. I recommend if you really wanna. You can spoof your IP address.

Darkregen 11-23-2014 05:32 PM

But then again. Why do you wanna do this for?

Fission 11-23-2014 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celos (Post 4237373)
As to why I use Tor browser?
edit: Ah, I can't post urls yet.
torproject.org/about/torusers.html.en

this isn't an answer. all you did is post who uses it, not why you need to use a proxy. if you're really that concerned about privacy, then you're doing it wrong by using tor instead of a vpn anyways.

choof 11-23-2014 06:30 PM

tbh i wish i was paranoid to the point where i played a flash based rhythm game anonymously

gold stinger 11-23-2014 06:44 PM

to be honest Tor is only really good for if you want to keep yourself private from the website administration/moderation/owners, as well as casual individuals that can be interacted with. If someone truly wanted to track you down, they would be able to find the Tor exit node that you're connecting to for your session, and back trace you to find your original IP, or open up a fake exit node, put your IP into queue with it, and have a backdoor to your IP.

And of course, it's easier for governments to do these kinds of things because they have the resources to do so, and there are quite a couple of Tor exit nodes that are ran by the government. If you're checking deep web websites, it's even worse because multiple governments have their hands in pockets for popular websites over there.

So on this website Tor doesn't even really block you from much because administration doesn't care unless you plan on cheating, and people don't care period. And even then, I haven't really seen administration hand out an IP ban for cheating.

Celos 11-23-2014 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fission (Post 4237454)
this isn't an answer. all you did is post who uses it, not why you need to use a proxy. if you're really that concerned about privacy, then you're doing it wrong by using tor instead of a vpn anyways.

I don't need a proxy, I would just prefer to use one. I don't have anything to hide; this doesn't mean that I should forgo my right to privacy.

But you're correct, a VPN would be significantly better than using a Tor browser. Good VPNs also cost money and generally keep logs on connections, too! Perhaps once I get a pay raise at work, I'll invest in a VPN. I really don't mind the slower speeds, most of my low-bandwidth browsing is hardly affected by the use of Tor.

edit: I'm not even good enough to cheat, I'd be caught instantly. :I

choof 11-23-2014 08:45 PM

using a vpn would be worse because then you'd be paying actual money to stay anonymous while you play a flash based rhythm game

Fission 11-24-2014 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celos (Post 4237546)
I don't need a proxy, I would just prefer to use one. I don't have anything to hide; this doesn't mean that I should forgo my right to privacy.

i never said you have anything to hide. you shouldn't expect any website to accommodate to proxies because that's not how the internet works.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celos (Post 4237546)
Good VPNs generally keep logs on connections

this isn't true, don't spread misinformation