Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Name a weird or funny habit (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=142737)

Funnygurl555 09-3-2015 11:18 PM

Name a weird or funny habit

Cool so self explanatory but whatever name something that you do that is weird or funny but keep this thread light-hearted or else you'll be visited in the night by my apparition

Idk if there was already a thread like this in the past but it's fun to learn about people anyway and the community is evolving albeit slowly

Alright I'll start

I pace when I'm thinking so I have to go on walks or else like lol

Gogogogogogo

_Zenith_ 09-3-2015 11:33 PM

Re: Name a weird or funny habit

When I stand up straight I sway from side to side unintentionally.

Kibblre 09-3-2015 11:36 PM

When I'm on the phone for an extended period I kinda walk around my house in circles.

TheRapingDragon 09-4-2015 12:09 AM

I like to burn my hands with scalding water.

Started when I got some form of skin condition on my hands back in 2011 (doctors still can't tell me what it is, just that it's not eczema or contact dermatitis). I found that hot water stopped the itching better than the creams they were giving me. That evolved into scalding water.

I've got the skin problem mostly under control now but I still do it ever now and then when my hands get unreasonably itchy. I'll put my hands under the water and let it run from cold until it gets too much for me to take. So long as I put cold water on afterwards there's no lasting effects.

m0de 09-4-2015 12:10 AM

Whenever I go up/down stairs I have to count them.

XelNya 09-4-2015 12:17 AM

If I see a timer on the microwave and it's not in use I will literally stop whatever it is I am doing and turn it off

I hate people who knows this and do it anyways to mess with me...

noname219 09-4-2015 12:34 AM

Doing flips with the tv remote when it lands perfectly is so satisfying.

sickufully 09-4-2015 12:58 AM

Whenever I listen to my iPod on the bus or train or whenever I go out, I HAVE to drum the beat out either on my knuckles (clench left hand into fist and drum on 2nd set of knuckles) or click my tongue from side to side with my mouth closed. Even when I drive, I drum excessively on the steering wheel. This applies to any genre of music.

Another thing is flipping my water bottle. Like holding my hand out flat, with my drink bottle just sitting on my hand and I have to flip it perfectly and land it back on my hand still standing. Similar to what noname said about the remote.

TheRapingDragon 09-4-2015 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sickufully (Post 4356893)
Whenever I listen to my iPod on the bus or train or whenever I go out, I HAVE to drum the beat out either on my knuckles

For about a year and a half I sat beside a guy in work who would do this. He'd listen to music during his break and all of us nearby would get to hear a 30 minute drum solo, knuckle-style. Every day.

m0de 09-4-2015 01:02 AM

Quote:

or click my tongue from side to side with my mouth closed.

I've done this for as long as I can remember.. I can literally click my tongue from side to side so fast its ridiculous lol.

Ohaider 09-4-2015 01:07 AM

Similar to sickufully except rather than drumming the beat i grind my teeth/clench them and click the back of my tongue

Also any time i go down the staircase at my house i walk down it to the rhythm of part of the guitar solo of deep purple - highway star and have always done that for as long as I can remember... Not sure why, i don't even like that song

sickufully 09-4-2015 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m0de (Post 4356895)
I've done this for as long as I can remember.. I can literally click my tongue from side to side so fast its ridiculous lol.

We should verse each other in tongue bpm. We'd look like utter spastics but it would be hilarious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRapingDragon (Post 4356894)
For about a year and a half I sat beside a guy in work who would do this. He'd listen to music during his break and all of us nearby would get to hear a 30 minute drum solo, knuckle-style. Every day.

Lmao just be thankful you don't ever have to sit next to me on the train. I also drum on the desk if I'm at school or in the library but I'm really conscious about how loud I am. Doesn't help that every song I listen to is either metal with an insane solo or fast paced chiptune/8bit stuff.

MrGiggles 09-4-2015 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4356876)
I pace when I'm thinking so I have to go on walks or else like lol

Quote:

When I'm on the phone for an extended period I kinda walk around my house in circles.
i believe walking has been shown to improve thought processes and focus in many people. i can contemplate a problem for ages if i'm walking. if i'm sitting or lying down i probably cap out at thirty seconds or so lmao

top 09-4-2015 08:20 PM

masturbating

Walrusizer 09-4-2015 08:37 PM

sometimes i sit at my computer and press keys on my keyboard that correspond with ugly ass arrows on my monitor at speeds equivalent to that of a blue whale swimming a 7k in the dead sea so that i can give myself stage 9 cts at a higher rate than average

Deidara837 09-4-2015 09:18 PM

I do the pacing thing when just standing around
Constantly hand drum on my chest or thighs (standing vs sitting)
Flipping my phone in a style similar to gymnastic vault spins

choof 09-4-2015 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4356887)
If I see a timer on the microwave and it's not in use I will literally stop whatever it is I am doing and turn it off

I hate people who knows this and do it anyways to mess with me...

whenever I use a microwave I use weird times, like :59 or 1:14
and I always open the microwave with one second left, hate the beeping

Quote:

Whenever I listen to my iPod on the bus or train or whenever I go out, I HAVE to drum the beat out either on my knuckles (clench left hand into fist and drum on 2nd set of knuckles) or click my tongue from side to side with my mouth closed. Even when I drive, I drum excessively on the steering wheel. This applies to any genre of music.

I do something like this too, but I tap my left foot on every fourth note and drum with my right hand on my right knee

YoshL 09-5-2015 12:00 AM

when using a microwave, i'll look for the most efficient button presses

so if i need something for 1 minute, i'll just hit 5 twice. 1:30 will be 1-2-3 etc.

Rapta 09-5-2015 12:10 AM

Whenever I play FFR I move my legs back and forth to the tempo of the song I am playing at the time.

_Zenith_ 09-5-2015 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4357101)
whenever I use a microwave I use weird times, like :59 or 1:14
and I always open the microwave with one second left, hate the beeping

Finally, someone else who also has this habit!

You could be on the other side of the house and still have one second to avoid the beeping.