Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Youtube never ceases to amaze me (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150909)

MixMasterLar 05-4-2019 03:15 PM

Youtube never ceases to amaze me

What the devil is that sidebar?

XelNya 05-4-2019 04:21 PM

Re: Youtube never ceases to amaze me

I've been seeing this a lot myself tbh. I even see it on the fucking homepage which I've cleared so much shit half the time it's solely a set of playlists that I can't close

dadcop2 05-4-2019 04:52 PM

so you're surprised that you're getting related content for small children on a video featuring a game for small children

XelNya 05-4-2019 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadcop2 (Post 4673228)
so you're surprised that you're getting related content for small children on a video featuring a game for small children

It's like you don't know what you're talking about, a shocker.

Dinglesberry 05-4-2019 05:57 PM

I feel its just a general recommendation when it cant figure out whats related to ur vid

for example if u check youtube with no subscriptions etc it recommends you shit like Dr. Phil and Jimmy Kimmel and saturday night live and shit, just normie channels

realistically its like "oh, game? oh yes i no know what game, i relate to cartoon!!"

dadcop2 05-4-2019 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4673229)
It's like you don't know what you're talking about, a shocker.

nice counterpoint dude. enlighten me then, knowledgeable one

aperson 05-4-2019 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadcop2 (Post 4673234)
nice counterpoint dude. enlighten me then, knowledgeable one

can y'all take a break and kiss

MixMasterLar 05-4-2019 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadcop2 (Post 4673228)

Small children be playing some plain ass shooters

dadcop2 05-4-2019 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aperson (Post 4673235)

sorry sire aperson, lord of the hugbox

storn42 05-4-2019 07:22 PM

im pretty sure this is a giant youtube glitch or something. its been happening to me a lot lately and its really fucking annoying. and its consistantly been this childrens shit so idk what is actually going on. random videos i've clicked on have had this shit all down the sidebar, usually youtube likes to have videos recommended to you, as apposed to just videos recommended because of the video which leads me to believe this is a stupid glitch. first saw it around april 1st so i thought it was the worlds worst april fools joke. I just wish that even if the glitch persists, it would atleast be something tolerable instead of this kiddy shit.

Funnygurl555 05-4-2019 07:24 PM

sorry mml i used your youtube acc by mistake

Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4673244)
first saw it around april 1st so i thought it was the worlds worst april fools joke.

man if you think this is the worst april fools joke then you shoulda seen the shit i pulled as a 14 y/o who was new the internet

rayword45 05-4-2019 07:47 PM

how does left wing propaganda prop up on your recommendations when all i watch is cooking videos and i get ben shapiro recommendations

MixMasterLar 05-4-2019 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayword45 (Post 4673257)
how does left wing propaganda prop up on your recommendations when all i watch is cooking videos and i get ben shapiro recommendations

See a buddy of mine (Who is pretty left) gets bombed with right wing bullshit all the time to the point that he swears up and down it's a conspiracy

I just assumed YouTube recommended political videos because he watches political videos and nothing more, but that is odd if its a thing that's been happening to people.

For the record I'm a registered independent who watches a lot of review/essays on YouTube; most of which are made by folks who lean liberal so that's where I figured those recommendations where coming from. Makes much more sense then this parade of YouTube KiDs

XelNya 05-4-2019 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aperson (Post 4673235)

I'd rather subject myself to a slip and slide, but use bleach and not water.

Gravity Kitten 05-4-2019 08:55 PM

fine i guess i'll kiss dad

Ksl33zy24 05-4-2019 08:59 PM

I'm often scared to view certain videos because I don't want ten recommended videos based on said video. I just want to watch a video every now and then and move on. But, I'm happy with my recommended videos right now.

MixMasterLar 05-4-2019 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksl33zy24 (Post 4673279)
I'm often scared to view certain videos because I don't want ten recommended videos based on said video. I just want to watch a video every now and then and move on. But, I'm happy with my recommended videos right now.

I'd watch them anyway and just make a post whining about it if it was me.

Oh

flashflash account 05-4-2019 10:31 PM

Probably YouTube is constantly under fire for its algorithm so they said screw it and just recommend kid friendly stuff to everyone
Personally I feel like the algorithm is too dynamic & tries to pull you into other parts of the site rather than showing you more of what you like which is stupid

Funnygurl555 05-5-2019 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4673277)
I'd rather subject myself to a slip and slide, but use bleach and not water.

this made me lol irl too

Hateandhatred 05-5-2019 01:21 PM

Well, at least it isn't suggesting Bee movie memes to everyone.

Or the turning a sphere inside out video.

Or anything from the infographics show.

owait