Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   [Submissions open] Symphogear pack (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150918)

Nixo 05-9-2019 01:45 PM

[Submissions open] Symphogear pack
 




Hello fellow gamers.
I've finally decided to actually make a Symphogear pack and open submissions. Let's get straight to the point: I like the anime and the OST but noticed a lack of ''modern'' charts of Symphogear in Etterna. This is mainly due to the low popularity of the anime in the west, while it's huge in Japan.
It's pretty sad to see such a wide selection of really good steppable music be wasted, so I decided to take initiative and make a few charts.

Before we talk about the submissions criteria though, I will save you a lot work by linking a torrent for the lossless OST of the anime (convert the .flacs to high quality .ogg when stepping).



Rules and cool stuff:

This is a keyboard/spread pack.
The songs have be strictly from the Symphogear series. I will also accept songs from XDU (the gacha game).
The charts have to be at least 13 MSD.
Any charting style is welcome.
Solo charts are very welcome.
You are not required to make a fancy gfx. An HD Symphogear wallpaper will do the trick.
Stepping a Hibiki character song will increase the chances of your file being accepted by 700%.



Songs that have been taken so far:

Zettou Ame no Habakiri (Jousway)
FLIGHT FEATHERS (Nixo)
Edge Works of Goddess ZABABA (Nixo)
FIRST LOVE SONG (Nixo and Dourgent (maybe lol))
Nijiiro no Flugel (Nixo)
RADIANT FORCE (hViny with my help)
UNLIMITED BEAT (Nixo)
Vitalization (STEPDWI)
Watashi to Iu Oto Hibiki Sono Saki ni (Nixo)



Where to contact me:

You can add me on Discord Nixo#5565 or PM me on FFR



Tips to get your file accepted:

If you are a fairly inexperienced charter, please don't try to step a 25 MSD chart with all over the place layering which I will be forced to (with great sadness) reject.
I am mainly looking for charts in the 13-23 range (in submissions), so going for that difficulty gives a higher chance of me liking the file.
If you know me personally, please tell me what songs you plan to chart so I can avoid charting them too at the same time.

XelNya 05-9-2019 02:55 PM

Re: [Submissions open] Symphogear pack
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nixo (Post 4674121)
By submitting a chart, you are authorizing me to make any modification that I feel is required to the file.

yeah fuck this nonsense.

Nixo 05-9-2019 03:08 PM

Re: [Submissions open] Symphogear pack
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4674127)
yeah fuck this nonsense.

I should have specified that it's rather unlikely I will make noticeable modifications to files without discussing it with the original charter first, and that this is more just to avoid having to tell people they forgot to add a jump here and there every time I notice a mistake. Sorry for the lack of clarity, first time making a post like that.

storn42 05-10-2019 01:36 AM

Re: [Submissions open] Symphogear pack
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nixo (Post 4674130)
I should have specified that it's rather unlikely I will make noticeable modifications to files without discussing it with the original charter first, and that this is more just to avoid having to tell people they forgot to add a jump here and there every time I notice a mistake. Sorry for the lack of clarity, first time making a post like that.

no, you absolutely 100% should tell people every single jump they missed. i'm willing to bet a good chunk of the time the jump isn't even supposed to be there because you aren't the one who made the chart. you can ask to make the changes instead of receiving more fixes, but even so, you need to ask the step artist.

Nixo 05-10-2019 04:23 AM

Re: [Submissions open] Symphogear pack
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4674193)
no, you absolutely 100% should tell people every single jump they missed. i'm willing to bet a good chunk of the time the jump isn't even supposed to be there because you aren't the one who made the chart. you can ask to make the changes instead of receiving more fixes, but even so, you need to ask the step artist.

No, I don't need to. I wrote that by submitting a chart you are authorizing me to make changes to it. If you don't agree with that you could try not sending a chart.

Nixo 05-10-2019 07:44 AM

Re: [Submissions open] Symphogear pack
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4674193)
no, you absolutely 100% should tell people every single jump they missed. i'm willing to bet a good chunk of the time the jump isn't even supposed to be there because you aren't the one who made the chart. you can ask to make the changes instead of receiving more fixes, but even so, you need to ask the step artist.


I know this sounds like a 180 turn from my last reply, but accept my apology for sounding like a stubborn dick.
I removed the rule completely since it doesn't reflect the way I actually would and will manage the pack. I wanted to sound edgy, and since I saw other packs use the same wording I went with that rule.
Sorry m( _ _ )m

AutotelicBrown 05-10-2019 04:15 PM

Re: [Submissions open] Symphogear pack
 
As far as I know the only pack thread that included a similar rule was mine and the context was different:
-Not a community pack (i.e., I don't depend on guest submissions to finish the pack) and explicitly focused on my own stepping sensibilities;

-Making full detailed reviews takes more time than I currently have;

-I still include a higher level review and the submitter is free to check the chart and submit changes at any point.
Either way, I do agree that a full review would be ideal to make the whole process more transparent and provide a better learning experience for the person sending the chart.
That not being viable, you can still go a long way with brief explanations alongside a practical example of what you mean directly modifying the chart.

And @ symphogear, good to see Vitalization included :mrgreen:

Nixo 05-10-2019 04:50 PM

Re: [Submissions open] Symphogear pack
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AutotelicBrown (Post 4674210)
As far as I know the only pack thread that included a similar rule was mine and the context was different:
-Not a community pack (i.e., I don't depend on guest submissions to finish the pack) and explicitly focused on my own stepping sensibilities;

-Making full detailed reviews takes more time than I currently have;

-I still include a higher level review and the submitter is free to check the chart and submit changes at any point.
Either way, I do agree that a full review would be ideal to make the whole process more transparent and provide a better learning experience for the person sending the chart.
That not being viable, you can still go a long way with brief explanations alongside a practical example of what you mean directly modifying the chart.

And @ symphogear, good to see Vitalization included :mrgreen:


Yes and yes

And Vitalization second best op.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution