Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

MarioNintendo 02-1-2012 09:48 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Submission Closed)

Judged the whole batch of group A in four hours this afternoon.

Average at 7.27

The reviews are shorter than those expected from judge which had a month to do his job, but at least they will be available shortly. I sent them to Jimerax and co.

Anaru 02-1-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 3629373)

Average at 7.27

The reviews are shorter than those expected from judge which had a month to do his job, but at least they will be available shortly.

good work MN! :twisted:

hi19hi19 02-1-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Average at 7.27

The reviews are shorter than those expected from judge which had a month to do his job, but at least they will be available shortly. I sent them to Jimerax and co.

This kid does work !_!

bmah 02-1-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Average at 7.27

Wow, no one asked, and you did it yourself...

I'm going to remember that. :D

P.S. After brief looking through his notes, they're good and I'll post them into the batch thread shortly.

bmah 02-2-2012 12:36 AM

MarioNintendo's notes (for Group A songs) are up!!!

hi19hi19 02-2-2012 12:51 AM

2cents:

This guy, MarioNintendo?
He's a good judge. This is what batch notes should look like people.
Ratings consistent with the comments, and I felt all my reviews were fair.
The suggestions were easy to follow and well made.

I'm sad that Head Banger isn't FFR's style but *sigh* I'll restep it.

bmah 02-2-2012 12:53 AM

Nah, send it for an SM pack to keep your file's integrity. I wouldn't change a file to the point of not liking it. In that case, I wouldn't send it to FFR. Happened to me in a few cases.

Anaru 02-2-2012 12:55 AM

So when is the score standardization and stuff going to happen? ;o

bmah 02-2-2012 01:05 AM

Not until at least I get notes from one other judge for group A, so that both groups have an even number of judges. And I've heard that, despite me not asking for it, i love you (Rebound) has decided to review files and apparently he's already over halfway through.

@Byron: thank you so much!!

i love you 02-2-2012 01:13 AM

Wait so, would you like me to finish up my notes or do you already have somebody else judging for group A?

bmah 02-2-2012 01:14 AM

What's your progress so far?

i love you 02-2-2012 01:15 AM

I'm about 60% done with the notes. If you like, I can have them finished by tomorrow but ONLY if there is no one else available.

bmah 02-2-2012 01:17 AM

Alright. Despite your progress, if your preference is to NOT finish judging, I'll let someone else do it. I believe woker is onto a start already. Let me know what you prefer.

i love you 02-2-2012 01:23 AM

If Woker (or anyone else who qualifies) wants to do the judging then let them. I will only finish mine if there are no one else available otherwise, I will not interfere.

bmah 02-2-2012 01:27 AM

Alright, I'll let woker review the files instead. Thank you for taking the initiative though!

who_cares973 02-2-2012 02:07 AM

No ghost notes or ghost jumps in excessive sex or I like trains. The ghost jumps in excessive sex are accentuating jumps to the melody. Not all jumps are used for layering!!!

icontrolyourworld 02-2-2012 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love you (Post 3629037)
To sum it up:

FFR: If a file ends up having framer issues or if it is "too hard" to hit for most people (in other words, if it contains awkward patterns), it is considered to be a BAD file for most people. It seems like nowadays even song choices plays a HUGE role in the FFR community as well. (EX: Long rock songs is considered to be a no-no) That also includes files with a lot of JS, jacks, and non-trillable/hard to trill roll patterns.

SM: A file judged for a stepmania pack is reviewed much more in-depth/strictly compared to files submitted to FFR because of the fact that SM files have more things that they take consider of such as hold usage, mine usage, and empty space. Most files are considered bad/dump on SM if the file contains vibra patterns, if it lacks consistency, if it contains basic errors, if it lacks variety and if the stepping "theory" you used makes the file look really bad (there are too much things to list) Song choice is judged MUCH more lenient on SM compared to FFR and JS files, jacky files and files with rolls/spins are things most people enjoy on SM (which most people on FFR hates more).

Problem for FFR: When you sometimes step files for FFR on stepmania (or ddream), there will be times when the file actually looks really good on stepmania but then when converted to FFR, it turns out being a piece of shit file that most people does not like (which usually causes most people to start hating on the person who stepped the file even though most of the time, it is not even their fault to begin with). This problem is avoidable if the stepper takes the time to convert his/her file into FFR to see how it would look on it but the problem with doing this is that it is more time consuming, there are some people do not know how to convert files, and they are some people (like me) who are too lazy for all that. So pretty much, this problem is unavoidable overall and there is nothing we can do about it unless if it were possible to make a FFR engine that was framer free with a converter that will work with it properly.

Problem for SM: Most files in FFR are basically too watered down for most SM people and so to them, most FFR files are considered bad because of that aspect. They are so used to files being more "full", "complete", and somewhat challenging which is why most SM players who comes to play FFR usually sticks with the harder FFR files more then the easier ones.

EDIT: This is just the way I see it so it is probably save to just not agree with me and argue :3 (I doubt I even made sense LOLOL)

wow this really does sum it up xD
nice post :)

Elite Ninja 02-2-2012 08:40 AM

If only woker could review the fixes I made to the files instead of the original files lol.

ichliebekase 02-2-2012 11:44 AM

Another 8 for =.The Ocean.=
Thanks Felix (and Jeff, Wilson and bmah) :]

woker-X 02-2-2012 11:45 PM

I'm halfway through the judging Rebound :)

but I'm too slow xD