Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Suspicious scores thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=123186)

Mike Weedmark 08-15-2012 03:27 AM

Re: Suspicious scores thread~

I don't want 1983 or NNT. They're both too easy to verify something like Canary or Pandora. How about Rage Template? Or well I guess NNT would be fine. If she can re-SDG it on video with keytaps, someone better at detecting BS than me could verify it.

Also with Funnygurl, just seeing that it's a girl would be pretty good evidence it's really her, since the number of females on FFR anywhere near that skill level is like... Sky Kitten and that's it. Unless FG has been a guy all along. Then, well, yeah.

Coolboyrulez0 08-15-2012 03:32 AM

Yeah since the person indicated they are a female, I think an introduction to the camera would suffice.
Now had it been a fairly unknown male...

PS: I totally respect the way you handle this and I do not personally think you are suspicious -- I am just addressing concerns that may be raised during this ordeal.

popsicle_3000 08-15-2012 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 (Post 3747741)
How do we truly know who the ACTUAL user is? It gets quite tricky with at least lesser known / prolific individuals such as in this case.

then doesn't this just make that account an alt?

justin_ator 08-15-2012 03:36 AM

Funnyguy

Zakvvv666 08-15-2012 03:37 AM

Everyone should just calm down, she's agreed to make a video so let's just shut up and wait.

Funnygurl555 08-15-2012 04:15 AM

Okay, finally done.
This video's really awkward because I don't... really... take videos of myself playing (and it's kinda late). Got Since 1983 AAA'd on here, though! FINALLY...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4MYa6f8B_o

Hope this clears any suspicion about my scores! ._.''

EDIT: Wait does logging in count as an introduction? I didn't look at this thread for a bit.
Yeah I really should have looked back at this thread. Would have played different songs ^^'...

Spoiled_Milk 08-15-2012 07:37 AM

Your tongue!! Lmao. Looks legit to me..

samurai7694 08-15-2012 07:50 AM

based on the positioning of your hand and key tap sounds, I now know your password :twisted: jk

AlexDest 08-15-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 (Post 3747741)
Frederic is onto something here.

What if the person who is making the videos for the person, who is suspected of having someone play for them, is also the one that appears in the videos?
[lmfao what a sentence]
How do we truly know who the ACTUAL user is? It gets quite tricky with at least lesser known / prolific individuals such as in this case.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Don't do that again Eric.

bob bob 08-15-2012 08:02 AM

conspiracy theory right here

MinaciousGrace 08-15-2012 09:18 AM

the world of stepmania is an infinite line marked at an arbitrary interval to measure progress along this line, otherwise known as "stepmania skill"

we are all travelers along this line. some walk. some run. some sprint ahead only to tire away and retreat in a dissonant sulk. to some this world is an escape from reality, to others it is reality

while each interval represents the same quantity of "stepmania skill" achieved, it becomes increasingly difficult to obtain the next level of "stepmania skill"

to leap ahead multiple intervals of "stepmania skill" near the beginning of this stepmania line may seem impossibly difficult to some, but to many others it is a juvenile task, those people being the talented travelers along the stepmania line, destined to ignore silly notions such as human limitation - and one day, against impossible odds, finally reach the end of the stepmania world.

fin

im hoped u have enjoied my story i have entitle it "stepmania"

tl;dr come on lets be honest anyone actively playing this game for 2 months is bound to skill boost a ton at this level considering the entire game is just trained response to visual stimuli

Mike Weedmark 08-15-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace (Post 3747821)
tl;dr come on lets be honest anyone actively playing this game for 2 months is bound to skill boost a ton at this level considering the entire game is just trained response to visual stimuli

No. AAAing 1s to AAAing 8s is one thing. Going from low 60s to borderline FGOs is not trivial. It's probably possible within two months, but the number of games played and hours spent would have to be obscene.

That said, she does seem legit, but what Dossar said about "stupid" replays still has me guessing. Zero frame hits are not trivial either.

MinaciousGrace 08-15-2012 11:58 AM

and of course i expect you are the foremost expert on the subject

i apologize if i have insulted your grand expertise in any way

Wayward Vagabond 08-15-2012 12:15 PM

weedmark vs mina

go

this just in funnygurl is cute

cedolad 08-15-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 3747883)
this just in funnygurl is cute

My thoughts exactly.

Lets marry.

RagedBerserker 08-15-2012 02:00 PM

I played funnygurl in mp like a month or two ago.... she was pretty good then, only makes sense she is at this level now..

Mike Weedmark 08-15-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace (Post 3747877)
and of course i expect you are the foremost expert on the subject

i apologize if i have insulted your grand expertise in any way

Don't act like a moron. You've been through the rounds when it comes to SM, you should know better than to spew a bunch of "anyone can do anything" shit. Going from a AAA on something like Dazzling Destiny to a AAA on Spaceman is a MONUMENTAL achievement if it's real, which is why it deserves to be questioned. The only other person I've seen improve like that in a ~2 month span is Herogashix when he was playing SM for like ~8h a day as if he was getting 6 figures for it. There are people on FFR whose skill has been stagnant for YEARS trying to break into the next tier and you're not going to tell me you're not aware of it, because you are ****ing MinaciousGrace and you know better.

Coolboyrulez0 08-15-2012 03:13 PM

lmfao if you really think such a skillboost is improbable or impossible

then you should probably just quit arrow games

PS: Everyone skillboosts differently. No need to be sour because YOU are stuck and it seems you are jealous of other people surpassing you with less practice / effort than you deem worthy. Just let it go, man. Everyone progresses at different rates.

Mike Weedmark 08-15-2012 03:16 PM

When was the word impossible used? As for improbable, as someone who is arguably a top 100 current player on a site with 1.5 million registered users (what percentile is that? can someone do the math for me?), I consider it impressive. You're extremely good at rhythm games and mostly interact with others who are also extremely good, and that bias shows, but you're terrible at looking at things in context.

U.N. Owen 08-15-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Weedmark (Post 3748005)
The only other person I've seen improve like that in a ~2 month span is Herogashix when he was playing SM for like ~8h a day as if he was getting 6 figures for it.

leonid went from 4g on Delirium to AAA'ing BB Evolution and Radio Heads in less than two months.