Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   actually controversial opinions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150562)

Dinglesberry 12-24-2018 12:20 PM

Re: actually controversial opinions

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-Ormix (Post 4663393)

im sorry im bored

qrrbrbirbel 12-24-2018 12:20 PM

Still waiting on the sarcasm debate *taps foot semi-patiently*

Charu 12-24-2018 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayword45 (Post 4663394)
^the solution to this is having rudimentary-level computer classes in elementary school and making the computer necessary classes like AP Stats or AP Comp Sci electives

Also the older half of the workforce needs retraining on this

I know future generations will (hopefully) be better about this. For the folks that are actually just old and have actually never had to use one in their entire life (yet).

Sure, I don't mind telling those patrons what to do. (But if they have a computer at their work, they probably should just leave it alone plz)

It's the STUDENT ones (or just the younger ones that are just about my age, or slightly older) that make me shake my head at their lack of computer knowledge.

DNAlei 12-24-2018 02:31 PM

Santa's not real.

Antori 12-24-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qrrbrbirbel (Post 4663397)
Still waiting on the sarcasm debate *taps foot semi-patiently*

i use sarcasm alot and i think it's not killing comedy but evolving it, in due time the definition of comedy will change to morph the current standard meta-joke that everyone is catching on to and normal word plays will become unfunny to anyone in the meta, i enjoy some tik tok clips so that's an example.

controversial opinion: it's ok to use humiliation when arguing against people with closed mind sets.

Dinglesberry 12-24-2018 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4663399)
I know future generations will (hopefully) be better about this. For the folks that are actually just old and have actually never had to use one in their entire life (yet).

Sure, I don't mind telling those patrons what to do. (But if they have a computer at their work, they probably should just leave it alone plz)

It's the STUDENT ones (or just the younger ones that are just about my age, or slightly older) that make me shake my head at their lack of computer knowledge.

regarding knowing computers.. my brother majored in health science, and like, he had one class that had to use some shit called SAS, statistical analysis software, and like hes baaaaad with computers

it was bullshit, like, he nearly failed because of that course, I used to go with him to all his labs and stuff and help him with it.

in my opinion, some people are just bad with computers, it doesnt mean that theyre dumb, its just that they havent spent the time etc with it. The fact that my bro almost failed because of it upsets me greatly

V-Ormix 12-24-2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DNAlei (Post 4663410)
Santa's not real.

no... NO THIS CANT be true :v

Dinglesberry 12-24-2018 05:12 PM

ya'll dumb

Dinglesberry 12-24-2018 05:12 PM

thats my unpopular opinion, its that everyone is fucking dumb

inDheart 12-24-2018 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4663303)
perma D4 xdddd

i re-read your message but like lol u really cant differentiate some idiot being like "hahah how about that weather recently xD" from someone asking you a real meaningful question to get to know you? oof

like lol why would you possibly assume the former when someone asks you something relevant, like "oh how did your exams go", its clearly not just a mindless question like "lol how are you xD?? oh im good, and you??"

it's not really about like, weather-type small talk; it's more like, estimating the level of care someone is putting in when they ask something like "how are you" or have thoughts about plans like "we should totally catch up sometime". it's pretty easy to say both of those things and not care about the response they generate, so my goal is to like, not make people have to care when it's not what they're saying up for

---

countries/states should ban video games more aggressively and/or require publishers to suspend operations until there's no question about those games' compliance with laws

in a bunch of places, education is only compulsory to a certain age, and those places could probably do better with awareness of that. where i went to (public) school it's something fucking ridiculous like finishing 9th gr/being 18 which is way over most literacy minima. obv education has bigger issues but this seems like it could be a line to ease some pressure on current systems

i don't believe that the guy who re-derived the trapezoid method seriously didn't already know it existed

qrrbrbirbel 12-24-2018 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antori (Post 4663413)
i use sarcasm alot and i think it's not killing comedy but evolving it, in due time the definition of comedy will change to morph the current standard meta-joke that everyone is catching on to and normal word plays will become unfunny to anyone in the meta, i enjoy some tik tok clips so that's an example.

controversial opinion: it's ok to use humiliation when arguing against people with closed mind sets.

I'll revise my statement:
Sarcasm is overrated and/or overused

Elena- 12-25-2018 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4663422)
thats my unpopular opinion, its that everyone is fucking dumb

yup, everyone

Elena- 12-25-2018 09:36 PM

especially the ones who try to prove otherwise

Antori 12-26-2018 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elena- (Post 4663535)
especially the ones who try to prove otherwise

this is so true +1

qrrbrbirbel 12-26-2018 07:11 AM

Admitting you're dumb is a sign of intelligence

viewsonica 12-26-2018 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4663414)
regarding knowing computers.. my brother majored in health science, and like, he had one class that had to use some shit called SAS, statistical analysis software, and like hes baaaaad with computers

it was bullshit, like, he nearly failed because of that course, I used to go with him to all his labs and stuff and help him with it.

in my opinion, some people are just bad with computers, it doesnt mean that theyre dumb, its just that they havent spent the time etc with it. The fact that my bro almost failed because of it upsets me greatly

Would he have done better doing the calculations by hand? Because I had to do that for a stats class that was offered by the stats department. I'm glad I did actually, I opted into that "harder" class because I learned the stats then. Personally the stats offered by the non-math department WAS shit and hard because they dumbed it down, plugged things into a spreadsheet only, and it didn't make sense to me either.

Elena- 12-26-2018 11:07 AM

case in point

Dinglesberry 12-26-2018 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viewsonica (Post 4663551)
Would he have done better doing the calculations by hand? Because I had to do that for a stats class that was offered by the stats department. I'm glad I did actually, I opted into that "harder" class because I learned the stats then. Personally the stats offered by the non-math department WAS shit and hard because they dumbed it down, plugged things into a spreadsheet only, and it didn't make sense to me either.

nah they like, were required to use the program, during the exam and stuff

dadcop2 12-26-2018 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viewsonica (Post 4663551)

lol why was this guy banned

Dinglesberry 12-26-2018 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadcop2 (Post 4663564)
lol why was this guy banned

idk id figure they got banned cause theyre some alt of a banned person and they checked the ip, just my guess