Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Definition of SDG (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=122717)

justin_ator 02-21-2012 01:13 AM

Definition of SDG

Discussion for the term SDG (Single Digit Good) should go here, we want some serious community input on this. HARD QUESTION IS HARD.

What do you consider an SDG?

Good < 10-0-0-0
Good < 10-x-x-x
250pts Raw Scoring less then a AAA

Current thoughts on it:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3642228)
Right now I've been determining it by good < 10 where everything else is 0. But I was wondering what the community normally based SDG on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3642236)
I call a Single Digit Good anything with a RAW score better than a double digit good, which would be -250. So something like 9-0-0-4 would be an SDG because it's only -245. etc

Quote:

Originally Posted by popsicle_3000 (Post 3642237)
i feel like the official definition (based on the reqs for gaussian blur 3 token) is g < 10 0 0 0. but ive seen some people use anything that adds up to 250 pts less than AAA. and then even looser definitions (ben looking at you ;)) in which an sdg is <10-x-x-x

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjaKIWI (Post 3642258)
So, 0-2-0-4 is still an SDG? I wouldn't say so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3642262)
Point accepted, and I agree. But at the same time if you ask me, SDG is a poorly chosen 'landmark title' which should rather be something pertaining to the raw score of <10 goods, imo. I understand where it comes from and the intent of it, but 9-45-23-100 isn't really an SDG imo, where as calling not calling 1-0-0-1 an SDG is also just ridiculous if you ask me. I guess in all honesty I see <-250 raw as the lesser of evils here.

So basically, your options are those three, unless someone has a better suggestion. Feel free to discuss, etc.

(reposted from other thread because that's kind of in the vet forum only, want more input than just vets)

rushyrulz 02-21-2012 01:21 AM

Re: Definition of SDG

this is what I got in my thread

Quote:

Single Digit Good (SDG):

It is considered a Single Digit Good, or SDG as it's usually referred to when the total amount of goods is less than 10, but greater than 1. (why it's not called a SDG with 0 or 1 goods will be covered next.) Although it's not limited to having a "clean score" (averages, misses, and boos totalling 0), it's generally only called a true SDG when the only flaws you've made were getting those goods.

I voted for the first option, a clean SDG, since that's what I believe to be a 'true SDG', while the others are just technically SDGs.

Jerry DB 02-21-2012 01:21 AM

I always thought that if you got a score like

7-1-0-1 it was still a sdg
something like
8-1-0-1 wouldn't be because an average is a little worse then a good and it wouldn't be the same total of points on a song that 9-0-0-0 is

in conclusion I think as long as the total score of the song is the same value or better then 9-0-0-0 it is an sdg

justin_ator 02-21-2012 01:24 AM

^ Basically option 3 with a -slight- bit smaller window, would be <= -225 or less for Raw rather than < -250

Razor 02-21-2012 01:29 AM

9-0-0-4 or lower, aite? aite

bmah 02-21-2012 01:37 AM

The problem seems to be how we name this term versus the value of the term. The term is called "single digit good" but has various meanings. When it's called "single digit good" it's open to interpretation whether one takes into account the word "good" or not. If so, some people may refer to a stricter definition (i.e. your first two options in the poll). Other people may encompass a broader definition to include a raw score that's equivalent to 9.5 goods or less. "SDG" is a pretty nonspecific term.

My personal opinion is that an SDG is a raw score equivalent to 9.5 goods/250 pts.

justin_ator 02-21-2012 01:42 AM

I actually agree, bmah. thanks for editing it for my, btw lol

rushyrulz 02-21-2012 01:43 AM

poll direly needs an all of the above option.

gnr61 02-21-2012 01:44 AM

for practical purposes the raw scoring definition should be used. we assign point values to each judgment such that multiple combinations can make the same raw score, and so it only makes sense to treat those scores as equal.

for colloquial/impractical purposes, it really doesn't matter at all rofl people are gonna call their scores what they will and trying to set an official sort of score to call an sdg would be silly

justin_ator 02-21-2012 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 3642293)
poll direly needs an all of the above option.

This is actually for Velo's new engine to be precise, and he already stated that he isn't implementing more than one of the options.

EzExZeRo7497 02-21-2012 01:55 AM

First option is clean SDG, I don't really have clean scores nor do I see clean SDGs that often because I'm playing high FGOs, but yeah I don't really call that a SDG

Second option... well it's the literal term, SINGLE digit good.

Third option is the one I picked, because as long as your raw score is higher than (AAA-250), it's considered SDG imo.

rushyrulz 02-21-2012 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3642296)
This is actually for Velo's new engine to be precise, and he already stated that he isn't implementing more than one of the options.

In that case, option 3 is the obvious choice.

Bluearrowll 02-21-2012 02:01 AM

I don't know why this is such a hard question.
A Single Digit Good should be just that; a score that has single digit goods. Does not matter to me whether it's 9-0-0-0 or 9-53-32-2335.

flipsta_lombax 02-21-2012 02:29 AM

I chose the third option because ever since I've played FFR, I implemented the -250 from an AAA rule. In regards to scoring, a SDG score would be the same way the tier points system figures out how many points you get per total, not by just good counts alone.

If taken literally, then yes, good count < 10 is an SDG. But if that's the case, a literal SDG does not regard how much averages, misses or boos you got. The second option then suggests [5-2-1-11] as an SDG, but not everyone would automatically agree... I wouldn't for the miss, but subjectivemania.

First option is an SDG, but I would consider it nothing more than a clean SDG, neither true nor definite. Maybe if we change the name of a score (x-0-0-0) where 1 < x < 10 as P[erfect]SDG or C[lean]SDG or something along that line...

MikeShinoda12345 02-21-2012 03:05 AM

otl I've been treating it as the second option
assuming of course that the score was a pass and not something too ridiculous (8-40-900-30 or something ==)

Magicturbo 02-21-2012 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeShinoda12345 (Post 3642336)
assuming of course that the score was a pass and not something too ridiculous (8-40-900-30 or something ==)

See, that's when things can get fuzzy. There's obviously a general line between ridiculous and not, but this "general line" allows for subjectivity and opinion.

Definition =/= opinion

The second option suggests 9-200-300-400 is an SDG. While an unlikely score, loopholes like this still shouldn't be possible to be described as correct by a definition.

reuben_tate 02-21-2012 05:51 AM

I fail to see your point however, because everyone has their own opinion, conscious or sub-conscious, about the definition of any given word or phrase. Definitions are not created in nature, they are manifested and evolved through our interactions with others, and hence aren't set in stone.

Anyways, I prefer the 2nd definition on the list, considering it is the most literal. Although, I'm rather biased since I miss a lot, which is the main reason why I support the 2nd definition so much. xD

The_Toymaker 02-21-2012 05:54 AM

single digit greats.

FrozenAngel91 02-21-2012 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 3642381)
Anyways, I prefer the 2nd definition on the list, considering it is the most literal. Although, I'm rather biased since I miss a lot, which is the main reason why I support the 2nd definition so much. xD

I think I'm getting a little bit confused on this. The third option is raw scoring right?

So isn't a score like 0-0-4-0 still considered an sdg?

reuben_tate 02-21-2012 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrozenAngel91 (Post 3642383)
I think I'm getting a little bit confused on this. The third option is raw scoring right?

So isn't a score like 0-0-4-0 still considered an sdg?

Oh yeah, I'm just saying that my high-sdg's with one miss and mid-sdg's with multiple misses on fmo's wouldn't be counted in the 3rd definition and my fmo "sdg" list would be much shorter. xD