Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   FFR Awards 2010, The Year of the Revival (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=117162)

stavie33 01-25-2011 11:10 PM

FFR Awards 2010, The Year of the Revival

So, remember the old FFR awards? Yeah, I think we should have some this year too, as it's FFR's revival. There are awards for members and songs, I will be taking nominations, and later we will have the vote. Everything released from when FFR was revived, to January 25th are legible. I'm laying out basic nominations, if you have more to add, recommend them, voting takes place after the 30th of January. Here are the categories:

FFR 2010 AWARDS, STEPFILES

Stepfile of the Year

You know what this is, what is the best designed stepfile of the year? This means it's fun too play, well layered, accurate, and synced.

And the nominees are...

Of Course You Need and Need and Need Me by t+pazolite, stepfile by Kommisar: 2 Votes

Overdrive by Cranky, stepfile by Bluguerilla

Sparkle Downer by Terminal II, stepfile by omgitznpv: 2 Votes

It's Only Natural by The Riser, stepfile by Blueguerilla

Floating Hour by Paroaka, stepfile by Bmah: 1 Vote

Stepartist of the Year

Self explanatory, personally I think Bmah will win

And the nominees are...

Bmah for Floating Hour, Puzzle, Reveal Yourself, Koisiru Voc@loid and Beer: 3 Votes

Bluguerilla for Overdrive, Only Natural, and Skeletor

Megamon88 for Infiltration, Extreme Dishwasher Race, and RAN

Kommisar for Of Course I Need and Need and Need...: 1 Vote

behanjc for Phantom Ensemble, Twilight Jewel, and Sirius

Most Enjoyable Stepfile of the Year (to play)

Best song to play, up for you guys to throw in a few, I'll list the two obvious ones for now, and Extreme Dishwasher Race and Infiltration are up for your consideration

And the nominees are...

Of Course You Need and Need and Need Me by t+pazolite, stepfile by Kommisar: 1 Vote

Overdrive by Cranky, stepfile by Bluguerilla

Floating Hour by Paroaka, stepfile by Bmah: 1 Vote

Op. 9 No. 10 by Chopin, stepfile by SKG_Scintill: 1 Vote

TO BE ANNOUNCED

THE RATO AWARD

Awarded to the biggest dump file of the year, I think E-RB will get it but...

And the nominees are...

Einstein-Rosen Bridge by Venetian Snares, stepfile by dore: 1 Vote

OMGWTFT0K3N, stepfile by Reach: 2 Votes

RAN by Cranky, stepfile by megamon88

11ELEVEN by DJ Sharpnel, stepfile by 0

Skeletor by Bangra, stepfile by Psychozerosk8er & bluguerrilla

Alright, and that rounds up the file awards, these next awards are forum awards, and I'd prefer someone else came up with them in another thread because I know I'll probably be listed under the bad ones, and this is a site opinion, and I haven't been reading enough threads to know, but...

Categories are:

Admin of the Year (obvious)

Velocity: 3 Votes
Synth: 1 Vote

Forum Mod of the Year (obvious)

Devonin: 2 Vote
Jenova: 1 Vote

Programmer of the Year (whoever put the most effort into successful updates and add-ons for the site)

Velocity: 1 Vote
Aperson: 1 Vote

Best Forum Member of the Year (all around smartest, most helpful, kindest, and most prolific member)

HammyMcSquirrel: 1 Vote

Most Helpful Forum Member of the Year (obvious)

Funniest Forum Member this Year (The member who's posts made you rofl so hard you cried and pee'd yourself simultaneosly, you've sig'd all his posts and he amused you with his humor all year long

PlanBsk8t: 1 Vote
Reincarnate: 1 Vote

Most Annoying Forum Member of the Year (yeah, time to see my name up there, once more, obvious)

Dumbest Forum Member of the Year (the guy who just goes around posting shit when he knows nothing and it all sounds stupid, I once won this great award when I was damanwithdaskillz)

Andrew Mitchell: 2 Votes
-Ghost: 2 Votes
Reincarnate: 1 Vote

Douchiest Forum Member of the Year (the guy who's not just annoying, but goes out of his way to piss people off by either flaming, trolling, or just being an all around douche)

Andrew Mitchell: 1 Vote

Worst Forum Member of the Year (the guy who is all around terrible, has stupid posts, is an ass, not helpful, insights flamewars, and is the most detrimental member to the community. I also am a proud owner of this award under my damanwithdaskillz account).

Andrew Mitchell: 2 Votes
-Ghost: 2 Votes

Player awards:

Most Improved Player (this guy, he climbed that ladder faster than a chuck norris on steroids, he is has worked hard, trained his fingers, and sharpened his senses and timing like forging a diamond. He has become the most improved player this year)

Shikari: 1 Vote
igotrhythm: 1 Vote

Biggest Playing Whore (this guy just plays and plays, doesn't play for rank, but he doesn't stop anyways! Played the most songs this year)

OneWingedAngel: 2 Votes
Hakulyte: 1 Vote

Most skilled Player (Got the most impressive score/AAA this year and wow'd us all on the bragboard)

AlexDest: 1 Vote

Player of the Year (good luck figuring out who that is)

AlexDest: 1 Vote
OneWingedAngel: 1 Vote

AVATAR OF THE YEAR AWARD (forgot this was there previous years, it's up for voting!)

SIGNATURE OF THE YEAR AWARD (same as above)

So that's it, nominations, opinions, suggestions, etc. are open for discussion

DossarLX ODI 01-25-2011 11:13 PM

Re: FFR Awards 2010, The Year of the Revival

I'm going to break the thread nominations and come up with another one.

Funniest forum member: Plan_Bsk81127. His posts somehow amuse me every time I read them. XD

bmah 01-25-2011 11:17 PM

I am flattered

duddychuck@yahoo.com 01-25-2011 11:20 PM

What about awards for the game? like "Most improved" "Player of the year" blah blah blah etc.

DossarLX ODI 01-25-2011 11:21 PM

Oh that reminds me

Best username: duddychuck@yahoo.com

stavie33 01-25-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duddychuck@yahoo.com (Post 3405101)
What about awards for the game? like "Most improved" "Player of the year" blah blah blah etc.

As I said, that's why I'm asking for stuff like this, and yes, that's a good idea, will be added

duddychuck@yahoo.com 01-25-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3405102)
Oh that reminds me

Best username: duddychuck@yahoo.com

LOL! Gonna siggy xD

Shikari 01-25-2011 11:27 PM

Stepfile of the Year: Of Course You Need and Need and Need Me by t+pazolite, stepfile by Kommisar
-
Stepartist of the Year: Kommisar. Bmah should have my vote too, 5 files in an year, a good rate imo.
-
Most Enjoyable Stepfile of the Year (to play): Of Course You Need and Need and Need Me again. Speedy, not hard, streamy. 10/10
-
THE RATO AWARD: Einstein-Rosen Bridge by Venetian Snares, stepfile by dore. What disappoints me about the chart is that I REALLY like the song, while the chart is so... meh.
-
Admin of the Year: If I can double-vote, aperson for fixing sudden stuff really quick, and Velocity for making such good things for FFR engine and profiles. But, I vote for Velocity, because his new layout is <3. Yeah, I know the new layout was released for public on this year, but still.
-
Forum Mod of the Year: He's actually an admin, but devonin for closing and deleting useless threads/posts really quick, and for keeping the forums on rails. That's what a moderator does.
-
Programmer of the Year: Velocity.
-
Best Forum Member of the Year: I don't have a vote yet.
-
Most Helpful Forum Member of the Year: I don't have a vote yet.
-
Most Annoying Forum Member of the Year: Andrew Mitchell.
-
Dumbest Forum Member of the Year: Andrew Mitchell.
-
Douchiest Forum Member of the Year: ghost-/~HentaiXXX~, obviously. He thinks he's a good "troll", while he's just an idiot.
-
Worst Forum Member of the Year: ghost-/~HentaiXXX~.

editing with new categories:

Most Improved Player: I'll be arrogant enough to give me (Shikari) a vote for this. Before the FFR crash, I was a D4. I mean, I barely SDG'd FMOs. Now I can AAA them, going for FGOs, and competing at D6.

Biggest Playing Whore: I don't have a vote for this yet.

Most skilled Player: AlexDest. Chaosmaid 3p, Universal Mind teens, LOTS of AAA on FFR... He deserves my vote.

Player of the Year: AlexDest again.

TC_Halogen 01-25-2011 11:32 PM

Everyone has their own opinions, so forcing nominees means an attempt at forcing opinions. Putting up your choices is fine, though.

smartdude1212 01-25-2011 11:32 PM

I just want to say I have no idea how nENendnenENDNENDeed is even enjoyable sorry kommi

The5thMoon 01-25-2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3405112)
Everyone has their own opinions, so forcing nominees means an attempt at forcing opinions. Putting up your choices is fine, though.

This. I don't think there should be set nominees.

Shikari 01-25-2011 11:36 PM

Quote:

I feel this way too, but Of Course You Need Me is my favorite file on 2010, so I'm cool with this one nominee.

stavie33 01-25-2011 11:38 PM

Quote:

I said they're open for changing and suggestions, this is just as is for now, so it's not blank and we have a starting point, but yes, those are mostly my opinions on the nominees

DossarLX ODI 01-25-2011 11:41 PM

Biggest Playing Whore: Hakulyte

"Most skilled player" is retarded since everyone's going to vote Rubix anyways lol

Player of the Year: One Winged Angel (for his rage vids, the amount of suffering he had to endure for his AAAs, etc.)

TC_Halogen 01-25-2011 11:48 PM

FFR 2010 AWARDS, STEPFILES
Stepfile of the Year
This is extremely difficult for me, because I really, really enjoyed Floating Hour, Sparkle Downer, and Overdrive. All three files have great fun factor, but structure plays a key in my choice as well, so that knocks out Overdrive (although it's still mad fun, it just plays out a bit awkward in some spots). My vote goes to Sparkle Downer, with Floating Hour coming in a VERY close second.

Stepartist of the Year
bmah, no contest.

Most Enjoyable Stepfile of the Year (to play)
While Sparkle Downer did take the SotY for me, I don't think that it's the most enjoyable file because of the forced difficulty applied in the song. It's not bad, but the rigidity makes it a song that I won't play often. Definitely a great chart, but it's not something I would play often. Floating Hour is definitely taking the title for me.

THE RATO AWARD
As many of the files that were released that I disliked, the addition of OMGWTFTOKEN was pretty nuts. Chart is beyond a dumpfile.
Categories are:

Admin of the Year: I can't pick anyone here. Three people stood up to the test of bringing the site/game back to how it was, and they all deserve to be commended.

Forum Mod of the Year: devonin (he's an administrator, but still has the power to moderate all forums ;)) - took very good care of those who had subscriber issues and is always willing to help everyone else out. He appears when necessary and lurks when he's not needed.

Programmer of the Year: aperson (everyone did their share, but AP busted his ass and got himself known for it)

Best Forum Member of the Year: HammyMcSquirrel (not just this year, but in past years as well.)

Most Helpful Forum Member of the Year: ----

Funniest Forum Member this Year: Reincarnate (through all of the trolling and disrespect to certain people, I just couldn't help but laugh at myself and others for getting pissed at him.)

Most Annoying Forum Member of the Year: ghost-

Dumbest Forum Member of the Year: Andrew Mitchell

Douchiest Forum Member of the Year: ----

Worst Forum Member of the Year: ----

Player awards:

Most Improved Player: igotrhythm (for those of you who have been watching him, he has SKYROCKETED in one of the shortest periods I have ever seen)

Biggest Playing Whore: One Winged Angel (keeps busting his ass for those FMOs and few FGOs, poor kid)

Most skilled Player: ---- (i'll come back to this)

Player of the Year: ---- (and this as well)

flashpantss 01-25-2011 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartdude1212 (Post 3405114)
I just want to say I have no idea how nENendnenENDNENDeed is even enjoyable sorry kommi

This.

How about best avatar of 2010? mine?

Admin of the Year is obviously AP.

PrawnSkunk 01-25-2011 11:55 PM

Admin of the Year - velo for some sick profile shinazzle
Forum Mod of the Year - jenova for notffron
Most skilled Player - sighhhh. death piano =.=
Biggest Playing Whore: One Winged Angel
Dumbest Forum Member of the Year - reincarnate xD
Douchiest Forum Member of the Year - andrew mitchell

Fantasticone 01-25-2011 11:57 PM

Stepfile of the Year: Sparkle Downer
Stepartist of the Year: bmah
Most Enjoyable File: Op.9 No.10
RATO Award: omgwtftoken

stavie33 01-25-2011 11:59 PM

As I said, things are up for change, it was just a starting ground, AND I AM CURRENTLY TAKING NOMINATIONS.

Sparkle Downer IMO, was a better file and a more commonly played one than Twilight Jewel, so it's been switched for now. Also, Floating Hour is definitely one of my favorite file for fun factor, so it's also put up there for enjoyable file

EDIT: I get what you're saying about set nominations, I just like the academy award style thing :) Just post your opinions and I'll tally them up and we'll see who wins on the 30th

pmonibuv1 01-26-2011 12:00 AM

i think i should be most improved player... late summer last year, right before FFR went down, i was D1, now i have oni and D5 lol