Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Contested Chart Difficulties (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Chaosmaid [11 or 12] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=123738)

Zakvvv666 05-2-2012 12:19 PM

Chaosmaid [11 or 12]

Kinda surprised there isn't a thread for this... I have a hard time accepting this being an FMO, the first half of the file is mostly pretty tame and is definitely FMO worthy, as on good runs, I can get pretty decent PA.

Then the handstream kicks in.... Seriously what the ****. The entire second half pretty much is just retarded because of how dense it is, not to mention lots of small trills are thrown in there as well as a few rolls.

Other files with dense jumpstream/handstream:
Ambient Angels - Only reason this is FMO is because of the jumpstream at the end clocking in at 20 NPS.
Aim Burst - This file is pretty easy to compare to Chaosmaid as it has a lot of dense jumpstream in it, but still only maxes at 20 NPS even at it's hardest points, while Chaosmaid stays at a mostly consistent NPS
Yorukumoryuu Yamikaze - I wouldn't really call this file dense but it was brought up; The patterns in this are mostly forgiving, as it's mostly hovering around 11-12 NPS
EHHS: I would call this another good file to compare to, as the NPS in the jupstream is really consistent and high, although the trills and rolls are placed in a way that makes them much more forgiving.
Pants - This file should hopefully be a good comparison, as the jumpstream near the end is probably agreed the hardest part of the entire file, and the only reason this is an FGO is because of that and the length, seeing as this file has been out for over 5 years and still has only 27 AAA's

Chaosmaid seems to be more dense than all of these, and also more consistent with the density, the trills and rolls that are included during the handstream don't make it any easier.

iironiic 05-2-2012 01:14 PM

Re: Chaosmaid [11 or 12]

I think Ambient Angels and Aim Burst have denser jumpstream patterns. There is handstream patterns in a couple of FMOs like Yorukumoryuu. I think it's fine the way it is.

DarknessXoXLight 05-2-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakvvv666 (Post 3686150)
Kinda surprised there isn't a thread for this...

lol there wasn't a thread for a reason. it's fine where it is.

One Winged Angel 05-2-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

>Also the last thing to point out, "I SDG'd/AAA'd so it's an FMO" needs to stop
>I have better PA on around 10 FGO's than this

:?

...oh emotes are gone, rip

edit:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakvvv666 (Post 3686192)
Ambient Angels is only an FMO because the ending is hard, I've almost AAA'd it.
Aim Burst is rather tough, but I can still manage a mostly clean FC on most plays.
Yorukumoryuu is the same for the most part as I can almost SDG it except for the last few hundred notes.

~_~

Zakvvv666 05-2-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iironiic (Post 3686179)
I think Ambient Angels and Aim Burst have denser jumpstream patterns. There is handstream patterns in a couple of FMOs like Yorukumoryuu. I think it's fine the way it is.

Ambient Angels is only an FMO because the ending is hard, I've almost AAA'd it.
Aim Burst is rather tough, but I can still manage a mostly clean FC on most plays.
Yorukumoryuu is the same for the most part as I can almost SDG it except for the last few hundred notes.

Comparing those 3 to Chaosmaid, the only song that comes somewhat close in density is Aim Burst, but it's still 2 NPS off at it's most dense points, and Chaosmaid stays really dense for a majority of the song.

icontrolyourworld 05-2-2012 01:31 PM

mahou no oshigoto is harder.

rushyrulz 05-2-2012 01:47 PM

Most definitely an FMO. I played it when it was an FGO and I almost made the same thread since it's wayyy too easy for FGO status.

bmah 05-2-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

as on good runs, I can get pretty decent PA.

Quote:

A file this hard has no place being an FMO, I have better PA on around 10 FGO's than this. Also the last thing to point out, "I SDG'd/AAA'd so it's an FMO" needs to stop.

You know what else needs to stop? Using your own performance as reasons to support your arguments. Be more objective with your arguments.

Also, I'd like to reiterate that the song never was meant to be an FGO in the first place. That was a typo error someone made. I'm not going to change the difficulty back up unless there are really convincing reasons.

Zakvvv666 05-2-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3686217)
You know what else needs to stop? Using your own performance as reasons to support your arguments. Be more objective with your arguments.

I've changed the OP and compared Chaosmaid to other files themselves as opposed to how I do on them compared to Chaosmaid.

Herogashix 05-2-2012 02:52 PM

It's not a 12. It's too easy.

kommisar 05-2-2012 02:56 PM

for a lot of people who aren't as good with dense jumpstream, it'll feel like a 12

but with the habit of playing spread, it's more like a mid-high 11

in b4 I CEN AAA CHAOSMAID ON STEPMANIER 18 PERFECTS SO ITS EASY LOLOLOL SCRUBS

V-Ormix 05-2-2012 03:09 PM

11, nothing that is 12ish in here, not even some long jack or 300 bpm stream lmao

00Razor00 05-3-2012 04:52 AM

gonna roll with the 11 ball here.

patterns hardly spike throughout the song and aren't really that dense for it to justify being a 12.

hi19hi19 05-3-2012 06:23 AM

Seems fine for a mid/high 11

Patterns are slightly dense but not out of 11 range, plus they generally flow nicely. It's also not too long or repetitive, so stamina is not an argument like it is for Pants.

Jerry DB 05-3-2012 09:42 AM

who cares, new rating system will be here soon homies ;D

definitely a mid 11. Song is too short to be guru, a song like this would only be a 12 if it were 3-4 minutes long and maybe had some tricky bursts or something added to the dense jumpstream

mrpreggers 05-3-2012 09:51 AM

Since I'm not a veteran, I can't play the song yet. However, I've seen replays.. I'm not sure why you think the ending jump/handstream is enough to bump the song up to a 12. Someone should make a thread about Rotary Slicers.. much harder, new song >:O

xXAll-ProXx 05-3-2012 03:52 PM

no

just no.