Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Brag Board (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   EMG Rivalry [D4/D5/D6] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=140286)

_Zenith_ 03-20-2015 11:16 PM

Re: EM Rivalry [D4/D5]

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssbmchamp (Post 4292571)
Not sure if this method works for anyone else, but what's helped me gain a little skill is every couple days (especially days when your hands feel great), bump up your speed mod anywhere from 0.02-0.04. I personally have a very hard time reading notes when they are close together so let your eyes get used to the new mod for a couple days then when they are bump it up more and each time the notes technically get farther apart, making it easier (at least for me) to read. a little over a month ago i was at 3 and thought that was high, now im at like 3.32 (trying to get to staiain status of like 3.85 or something lol)

Something else besides bumping speedmod up that I've noticed works is moving around receptor spacing. I haven't tried to go lower than 80 yet (and whatever SM is manually set to) but I've shifted from 80-85 in spacing and it sort of helps in reading tougher sections.

On FFR it's a little tough to say what's the best method of steady improvement; people say harder songs, others say other things like rates and stuff similar to that. I know from my personal experience that speedmod changing does help but at the same time it could hinder you; especially on tougher songs. When you get up to D6 range songs, you'll notice that you want a slower speedmod to time and read better than a different speedmod. Also, I've constantly changed from 2.7 to 2.85x on FFR and changing upwards has helped me greatly, but on those tricky songs I tend to stay at 2.7 or 2.75x.

_Zenith_ 03-20-2015 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderFlip (Post 4292479)
Thanks man, I've been trying my best to expose myself to as many FGOs as possible. I've taken to playing the 77-82 range recently. I feel like I should probably bump it up soon and keep expanding outside of that comfort zone, even if the scores start looking really bad, haha. Also, it's great to have you here, always nice to get support from people above you. :)

That's a good idea; I support it because if you decide to play in a bunch of tournaments, the last 2 rounds for D5 are typically 80-83 range and getting to know them helps quite a bit. Thank you for the bolded section! My sole purpose here is to help you guys who are climbing to the serious ranks of FFR (D6 and D7) deserve the assistance because I can almost guarantee that most of us in the upper-tier divisions wish that we could have the same assistance.

I want to host a little challenge for everyone, but I'll have to talk to Dei about it beforehand. The challenge will be used to observe where you stand currently in your respective divisions. I'll gladly explain when and if it happens.

I'm playing some SM for the rest of the night so I'll leave you all with that! Good night for those who are viewing the thread and see it by tomorrow!

ThunderFlip 03-21-2015 08:12 PM

Here's a few score updates. Played them in reverse order which, as usual, improved the first few a bit. :)

_Zenith_ 03-21-2015 08:28 PM

My challenge should be the "No Miss" challenge because all of you have at least 1 miss @_@

I know it's hard to FC with good PA and it's extra annoying because you can like SDG but ayyy there's a miss.

MarcusHawkins 03-21-2015 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4293029)
My challenge should be the "No Miss" challenge because all of you have at least 1 miss @_@

I know it's hard to FC with good PA and it's extra annoying because you can like SDG but ayyy there's a miss.

Not me. As you can see, every score there is here has no misses!

PhantomPuppy 03-21-2015 08:59 PM

can you remove me from the roster? thanks. finding myself not having enough time to keep up with this consistently. or at all for that matter. good luck all on rivalry :)

LeftyRighty 03-21-2015 11:13 PM

dumb scores by yours truly

this file is addicting, the patterns also catch me off-guard haha

this is also fun

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomPuppy (Post 4293038)
can you remove me from the roster? thanks. finding myself not having enough time to keep up with this consistently. or at all for that matter. good luck all on rivalry :)

aww, see you around man! :)

_Zenith_ 03-21-2015 11:39 PM

Clockwork miss doh

Press Start misses are funny because off guard patterns :p

For players playing Fuse Gymnast, I happened to play that exact song tonight; but it wasn't a serious attempt. Take a look at the replay to see if any of my half-played goods are in the same parts as yours (speaking to everyone) and we can further discuss. (Those who use upscroll only can obviously change it by hitting R or your quit out key)

XCV 03-22-2015 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4293029)

how about the 'draw and quarter the descendants of combo scoring for make benefit glorious nation of fiffer' challenge

ShadowDueler97 03-23-2015 07:31 PM

sad face

stray goods everywhere lol

ssbmchamp 03-23-2015 09:24 PM

axith 03-23-2015 09:53 PM

Getting scores in.

Toxophilis 03-23-2015 09:54 PM

what are FCs

_Zenith_ 03-23-2015 09:59 PM

aaarrrggghhh

XCV 03-23-2015 10:55 PM

llyair 03-24-2015 03:09 AM

ssbmchamp 03-24-2015 09:29 AM

Deidara837 03-24-2015 11:14 AM

My time frame for today is slightly different than usual, the spreadsheet is updated but I won't be able to transition the Rivalry to next week's material until later this afternoon (give it roughly 6-7 hours from now). I apologize for the inconvenience.

As a slight compensation I'll be accepting scores for this previous week until 6:00 pm EST (5:00 pm server time)

ssbmchamp 03-24-2015 04:18 PM

FFR Rivalries 03-24-2015 10:16 PM

Week 13 huh? It's time for an Official Throwback

All of these songs are from the 10th Official Tournament. Therefore some of these may bring back memories, both good and evil. :D

Week 13

D4

[61] Plousia
[64] Quad Queens
[66] Crimson Flood
[69] Saffron City
[74] Chronostasis

D5

[71] Blue
[73] Arianrhod
[74] Lexus Cyanixs
[78] FUSE!!
[83] Goblin

Again if people have song suggestions please feel free to PM me (Deidara837)

You have until 9:00 AM server time (10:00 AM EST) next Tuesday to submit scores.