Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   The Witness (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=143692)

leonid 01-19-2016 10:20 PM

The Witness

http://store.steampowered.com/app/210970/

Hype Hype Hype Hype

L.B.D.D 01-20-2016 04:15 AM

Re: The Witness

puzzlearoo

AutotelicBrown 01-20-2016 06:16 AM

That blows

Reincarnate 01-28-2016 08:34 AM

Just got this game -- really excited to try it. :O

Thanks again for letting me know about it, leonid. I would have... probably missed this entirely for the next several months.

Reach 01-28-2016 09:13 AM

Let me know what you think Reincarnate.

Looks pretty cool just looking at it.

Reincarnate 01-28-2016 10:42 AM

Reach:

I'm enjoying it so far.

It's definitely inspired by Myst/Riven. Lots of clues that don't make sense yet, but will probably come in handy later. I've been using printer paper and a pencil to take notes and draw pictures, but if I had any graph paper, I'd be using that instead.

The mechanics of the puzzles remind me a lot of that Raven's Matrices test you posted some time ago. There is no text or tutorial guidance anywhere, so the puzzles speak for themselves. You have to figure out the rules before you can even begin solving anything.

Aesthetically, the game is a lot like a cartoony-version of Talos Principle -- pretty cool.

Reach 01-28-2016 12:00 PM

Sounds like my kind of game.

Might pick it up this weekend then.

leonid 01-28-2016 04:08 PM

I beat the game~

but not all puzzles solved yet, so keep playing

Reincarnate 01-28-2016 04:09 PM

This game is starting to feel like Riven and Fez merged together

Reach 01-28-2016 11:24 PM

This game is like a giant spatial IQ test.

Holy shit it is hard, though I have to say I'm having a ton of fun so far. Seems significantly harder than The Talos Principle.

Sunk about 3 hrs into it, haven't really completed any of the areas, have been mostly dabbling in different places. Got really deep into one area (the hexagon puzzles). Could probably finish that area.

I'm impressed you were able to beat everything in 14 hrs leonid.

leonid 01-29-2016 06:52 AM

18 hrs in I cleared ten places and found 61 monolith symbols. Still stuck on the village ruin place

leonid 01-29-2016 02:46 PM

Cleared village area. There are still some locked doors and one puzzle I saw that I haven't solved yet.

Reincarnate 01-29-2016 02:59 PM

I can't tell if I've fully solved the village yet, but I think I've got most of it.

PS: Fuck that jungle forest sound bullshit, aaaghhh.

leonid 01-29-2016 03:01 PM

My experience with simfile making helped with that one :P

Also there are some optional puzzles in the village that don't do anything but count towards your # solved number

Reincarnate 01-29-2016 05:02 PM

It's really interesting to see how certain concepts have been lifted from Myst and Riven (the tree city, the deserted ship, the underwater cages, the thick brush areas, etc) -- love it.

Reach 01-29-2016 10:37 PM

The jungle area was the easiest area in the game.

Activated two lasers so far. Still trucking away, still discovering new areas. Inside a greenhouse now.

Awesome game so far. Got to the point in a few areas though where I don't want to go back for awhile because the puzzles are so damn hard lmao

Also found a random drawing in a box...relevant for later? Wrote it down.

169 solved, +1, 5 hrs. Guess I'm not very far, I hear there are hundreds of puzzles.

leonid 01-29-2016 11:08 PM

I'm really digging the lack of music. Helps with immersion. They did this part right. Wish I didn't have my Oculus Rift boxes up for sale :P

YoshL 01-29-2016 11:10 PM

I'm loving this

Except i get motion sickness and had to step away a little bit after finishing a first laser because blah

I'm currently doing the hedge mazes

Poison- 01-29-2016 11:11 PM

Is it really that good? I'm hearing a lot of great things about it, but I've never played a puzzle game like this before. Should I check it out?

Reincarnate 01-30-2016 01:08 AM

376 panels solved, 102 totem symbols found, and one totem fully completed.

What happens when a totem is completed, you ask?

Are you sure?

Really sure?

If you insist...

It turns white! Yeaaap.