Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Riots in Ferguson, Missouri (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=139855)

ilikexd 11-25-2014 03:08 PM

Re: Riots in Ferguson, Missouri

Trial by media culture is getting really annoying at this point.

Xiz 11-25-2014 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adlp (Post 4238431)
it will lessen because the majority of the public is expressing disdain for their power, and politicians and elected judges will address this and write/interpret laws to limit police power to remain popular.

I'm worried this won't happen. I am afraid that yes, laws will be drafted and presented however not much will be done to pass them because the general public will loose interest, due to a different and unrelated catastrophic event that might occur in the future.

adlp 11-25-2014 03:23 PM

im on a car trip right now i can respond again in like 8 hours

Deadlyx39 11-25-2014 03:47 PM

Honestly people are misconstruing the fact that there wasn't even enough evidence to put the officer to trial. This isn't like the O.J. Simpson trial (where everything says guilty, but their found not guilty). There wasn't even enough evidence. This man had so little evidence against him it wasn't justifiable to have a trial.

As for the whole is racism at part in the decision, I would say no. The only reason why race is an issue is because the media, and people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are fueling this belief that never would have existed in this case without them.

However...
The only reason this case was ever on the news in the first place is because it was white on black crime. Funny part though, is that Dillon Taylor of Utah (Who was white and hispanic) was killed by a black cop. This situation is the exact opposite of the Trayvon Martin case (Zimmerman was white and Hispanic), yet the national media has said jack shit about it. The media realizes that by making the Michael Brown case popular it will lead to better ratings than the Dillon Taylor case. So they bring in people like Al Sharpton to fuel the fire, create unrest within the affected group of people, and get these said people to tune into their broadcasts on the issue, that never should have been about race in the first place.

If the media was truly unbiased an actual news title would look like this:
"A local cop kills a man" (lol gr8 tile right?)

Anyway, the Ferguson story is a perfect example how the media has everyone wrapped around their fingers. Without the media, I guarantee nobody would be this apeshit over the issue.

Deadlyx39 11-25-2014 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 (Post 4238464)
And here we have an excellent example of somebody attempting to rationalize their prejudice.

I made a statement and backed it up with my opinions. However this makes me a bad person? I thought the point of this thread was to offer your personal viewpoint of the issue. Guess not

ItsOnlyDanO 11-25-2014 05:33 PM

This seems awfully familiar to the riots in London and other parts of England in 2011, except in that case the riots started before the trial occurred, not after. (Actually be politically correct they started because of violence towards a protest, at least I think they did)

Deadlyx39 11-25-2014 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 (Post 4238490)
It is when your statement and opinions are prejudiced, yes.

Can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen.

Again my point. Michael Brown is not this perfect defenseless "boy" the media makes him to be. He was an 18 year old adult who was 6'4'' and 300 pounds. But the media doesn't get people tuning in by being unbiased. If you want a better understanding of what I'm trying to say, watch this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffiIvkeO89g (Don't know how to imbed Youtube videos don't ask why)

It further emphasizes my point on how the media tries to make everything different than what they are just so they can just get more money.

Deadlyx39 11-25-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsOnlyDanO (Post 4238496)
This seems awfully familiar to the riots in London and other parts of England in 2011, except in that case the riots started before the trial occurred, not after. (Actually be politically correct they started because of violence towards a protest, at least I think they did)

There never was a trial. There wasn't enough evidence against him to warrant a trial.

Xiz 11-25-2014 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 (Post 4238490)
Can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen.

Arguing with Deadly is the equivalent to trying to argue with your dining-room table.

Everyone has an opinion, and they are entitled to it. Unless your opinion helps cause oppression or suffering amongst others, then you are wrong. In this case, Deadly is wrong.

Also Deadly, I hope you realize the YouTube video you linked is nothing more then what appears to be a high school kid who has no degree, career or title to his name where his opinions are completely irrelevant. If you are trolling, you are doing a very good job at it because there is no way that you can seriously have those opinions while referencing that type of video.

gold stinger 11-25-2014 05:53 PM

you can embed stuff from youtube by using tags with the video ID ffiIvkeO89g inside of it.

Deadlyx39 11-25-2014 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4238500)
Arguing with Deadly is the equivalent to trying to argue with your dining-room table.

Everyone has an opinion, and they are entitled to it. Unless your opinion helps cause oppression or suffering amongst others, then you are wrong. In this case, Deadly is wrong.

Also Deadly, I hope you realize the YouTube video you linked is nothing more then what appears to be a high school kid who has no degree, career or title to his name where his opinions are completely irrelevant. If you are trolling, you are doing a very good job at it because there is no way that you can seriously have those opinions while referencing that type of video.

The point of the video was to explain how the news fabricates the truth and doesn't actually say it how it is. My point is that they've never done this when talking about black on white crime. I mean, I doubt most people here have heard the Dillon Taylor story. Dillon's exactly like how Michael Brown's is: he looked like he was looking for trouble and both officers actions are justified.
My opinion wasn't based on my view of black and white crime (Or what the two of you had thought), my opinion was on how the media only uses white on black crime, because it's more marketable to a wider range of audiences than by having news on black on white crimes.

Deadlyx39 11-25-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4238502)
you can embed stuff from youtube by using tags with the video ID ffiIvkeO89g inside of it.

Thanks by the way.

Deadlyx39 11-25-2014 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 (Post 4238504)
So you believe then that this whole thing has nothing to do with race and is only the media attempting to make money by stirring controversy AND that Michael Brown deserved to die because he wasn't perfect? What sort of fucked up fantasy world do you live in?

Exactly where did you get that I said he deserved to die? I stated he wasn't a defenseless little child that the media makes him out to be.

And my opinion is that the media is just stirring the pot. The media should be unbiased and provide both viewpoints, which they haven't done for the officer.

MinaciousGrace 11-25-2014 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 (Post 4238504)
the media attempting to make money by stirring controversy

well lets be honest this actually is the real world we live in regardless of how relevant it is to the particular matter at hand

and lets take this honesty even further: none of your opinions matter and none of you will ever have any discernible impact on the situation or the relevant social issues

so lmao

Funnygurl555 11-25-2014 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadlyx39 (Post 4238503)
My opinion wasn't based on my view of black and white crime (Or what the two of you had thought), my opinion was on how the media only uses white on black crime, because it's more marketable to a wider range of audiences than by having news on black on white crimes.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeh, $0.02.

I'll be frank: I don't like the word "marketable" being used there.

Anyway, the reason why white on black crime is brought up is because it is a consequence of a bigger issue that is far from being solved, and this incident is a trigger to bring this issue on the national table.