Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Ask Me Anything (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Reach AMA (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=126128)

Reach 09-22-2012 05:31 PM

Reach AMA

Fire away.

I'll answer anything assuming it's a reasonable question.

reuben_tate 09-22-2012 05:33 PM

Re: Reach AMA

What made you want to make an AMA?

Reach 09-22-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 3775489)
What made you want to make an AMA?

Thought it might be fun.

Thought people might have questions, given how long I've been here and my previous status as a SM player and simfile author.

reuben_tate 09-22-2012 05:42 PM

Is there any files on FFR that you stepped that you wish you could take back?

Reach 09-22-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 3775496)
Is there any files on FFR that you stepped that you wish you could take back?

No. They're a part of the history of the game at this point. I mean, I don't think any of my best work is on FFR, but I can't say I'm completely ashamed of anything I've ever made to be honest (some of my earliest work on SM is appallingly bad but hey, the standards were lower back then >_>)

Choofers 09-22-2012 06:20 PM

Why did you step Gigadelic the way you did?

Reach 09-22-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choofers (Post 3775527)
Why did you step Gigadelic the way you did?

Honestly, I was really bored, really liked the song and was craving something incredibly hard given the lack of insanity chart wise back when I made it, other than most of NVLM's files, which I was sick of.

That and I wanted to push the envelope in terms of charts I knew could be full combo'd in theory but probably wouldn't be. So I designed it specifically to be as hard as I thought was physically possible within the limitations of the song and what I was capable of hitting at the time.

I didn't enjoy making easier files because they bored me for the most part. I had played a couple other gigadelics and hated them all on the simple fact they were far too easy. So, my gigadelic was born.

DossarLX ODI 09-22-2012 06:48 PM

What did you major in college? Do you enjoy your work?

xferrarix 09-22-2012 06:51 PM

your files have made an impression into the scoring stepmania scene. personally i think your files are posted more often than any other file ever made next to toph files. how do you feel about that?

Reach 09-22-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3775559)
What did you major in college? Do you enjoy your work?

Majored in neuroscience, minored in psychology. Dabbled in biochemistry and physics with my electives.

I'm now in Dentistry and very much enjoy my work, though not necessarily my schedule sometimes (a little overworked I must say).

Quote:

your files have made an impression into the scoring stepmania scene. personally i think your files are posted more often than any other file ever made next to toph files. how do you feel about that?
I'm just glad to have been part of the community. I joined the site in the nascent stages and got to see the game evolve over time from almost nothing to a vibrant community.

Mind you, I haven't played the game in years, but it certainly brings back memories.

hi19hi19 09-22-2012 06:55 PM

Wow, I had forgotten you were in dentistry. Cool stuff.

idk I don't have anything to ask so instead I'll just say you've always seemed like a supremely Chill Dude and you were more inspiring to me back in 2005/2006 than you probably realize :)

Sailor Venus 09-22-2012 07:00 PM

what do you recommend in getting through 3rd/4th year of undergrad years

im having a hard time with 2 majors

Reach 09-22-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3775572)
Wow, I had forgotten you were in dentistry. Cool stuff.

idk I don't have anything to ask so instead I'll just say you've always seemed like a supremely Chill Dude and you were more inspiring to me back in 2005/2006 than you probably realize :)

You're a pretty chill guy yourself ;)

I MISS PSYCHOPATH :( (I had such a great time with that game. Will never forget it).

Quote:

what do you recommend in getting through 3rd/4th year of undergrad years

im having a hard time with 2 majors
Depends on what your goals are.

If you want the highest grades possible I highly recommend you 1. Only pick classes you're really interested in and 2. Get information on the prof prior to signing up for the class. It'll save you 1000 headaches in the long run.

And even if you don't care about grades, it's probably good advice to take haha

Otherwise, be prepared for cabin fever come exam time. My family and friends just accept the fact at this point that they probably won't get to see me for a few weeks when that time arrives other than when I venture out into the wilderness for food.

Pseudo Enigma 09-22-2012 07:12 PM

how many people have actually told you that you're like an FFR Sheldon?

Reach 09-22-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pseudo Enigma (Post 3775585)
how many people have actually told you that you're like an FFR Sheldon?

Many, though if I'm forced to pick a character from BBT that I'm most similar to, it's Leonard.

moches 09-22-2012 09:14 PM

Who's the lady in your sig?

How has Stepmania changed you as a person, if at all?

Reach 09-23-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moches (Post 3775663)
Who's the lady in your sig?

How has Stepmania changed you as a person, if at all?

My girlfriend.

Yeah ok I wish. It's Phoebe Tonkin. I'm definitely mirin' dat pretty hard.

As for stepmania changing me as a person...I'm not sure. It certainly influenced my musical tastes and taught me a lot of things I wouldn't have learned otherwise. I don't think it affected my personality though or the way I think about things.

DDRBaller123 09-23-2012 10:16 AM

what made u play sm

Reincarnate 09-23-2012 10:24 AM

Happiest memory?

Reach 09-23-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDRBaller123 (Post 3776002)
what made u play sm

Someone on another forum I was part of linked to FFR and we had a mini competition to see who could get the highest scores. Was addicted after that.

After browsing the forums for a bit I noticed people were playing SM and I was curious, especially after seeing scores from people like Arch0wl and Hirogashi.

Quote:

Happiest memory?
Hard to say, since memories fade so much with time, but probably my first date with my current girlfriend, and when I got accepted into professional school.