Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   hi19hi19's Delicious Custom Theme Tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=122379)

mrpreggers 03-12-2012 10:44 AM

Re: hi19hi19's Delicious Custom Theme Tournament

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 3655936)
Since hi19 originally planned to put me in d3A, I decided to secretly ghost the division to see how I would do. I think I might have won at least cumulative scoring, but I'm not too sure. My scores for anyone interested:

Played this a few times. File had some jacks, I actually thought this was slightly harder than the D4 song for round 1, lol. Didn't AAA, but idgaf.

This is the round where everyone points at me and laughs. >.< I gave this file a few serious attempts. I once had a run where I had 6-0-5-0 going into the ending handjacks, then I picked up 40 goods and never touched the song again. Tofurox, I don't know how you managed to get that godly score that you did on this song. Anyways, I'm pretty sure I got last place for this round, I just couldn't find a way to tackle this bish. >.<

This was a sightread. About 10 of these goods were from the slow 8th hand jacks towards the end and a whole bunch of other ones were from BS lag. >_> I tried giving this file a few more tries, but I just rage quit every time I got a single good from those slow hand jacks, they **** me up every time. >.<

This song, omg. When I sightread this, I got over 150 goods. When I saw frozen angel practically sdg'ing it and other people getting sub-50 scores, I felt really sad. I gave the file a few more tries the same day as my sightread and managed to whittle it down to 75-ish goods. I then decided that I'm not going to settle with a crappy score so I sat down and whored the song for a good amount of time. This score is still crappy, but jacks are my weakness so I'm surprised I managed to get it down to this.

AAA'ed ALL of the 32nd stream, all the misses were on the jacks, goods were either from the jacks or some other random places, song was fun, this was a sightread. Lolwut. xD

Most of these goods weren't even in the stream, I just felt like I was picking up BS goods along the way. >.< I think I AAA'ed a decent amount of the stream, so I'm happy. This was a pretty fun song to play as well. :3

This song was really fun, and really worth playing. :3 This was my sightread btw. I'd say most of the goods weren't really from the song being that hard, but mostly the fact that is was stamina draining; I'd kinda like AAA a huge portion at a time, get tired and lose concentration and start derping, and then start AAAing huge portions again once I got my concentration and energy back up.

hi19 put me in D3A at first, too >.>

reuben_tate 03-12-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPreggers (Post 3655955)

The difference is that hi19 didn't take a close enough look at your fgo scores when placing you. Hi19 ultimately decided to put me in D4b to have me compete with my traditional rivals and to push me as well. I wouldn't have minded being in either division to be honest and I'm sure hi19 wouldn't have minded either considering I was a borderline player anyways.

I think another reason why hi19 pushed me up a division, was because I tend to do decently well on higher level songs which would explain my decent scores on the late d3a songs and my ability to keep up with and beat some of d4b in the last few rounds.

Khenra 03-12-2012 11:29 AM

Cleaned up my score a bit. More goods, but fewer avgs/misses/boos:

hi19hi19 03-12-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by popsicle_3000 (Post 3655900)
JS is just at my limit. those handstreams thrown in are a bit nasty :P and the 32nd?? (not sure) stream at the end is a bit cruel!

There is no 32nd stream, just a few 32nd trills and one 32nd staircase (234321 pattern)
Yes the handstreams are a little difficult, especially because they have long anchor jacks hidden in them as a result of how I used pitch relevancy for that section. Not too bad, but easy to split a hand as a result. Glad to hear you like the file!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khenra (Post 3655914)
Could the spreadsheet in the OP be updated sometime soon?

I'll see if I can poke and prod qqwref to do an update.
I know I've been pretty busy IRL recently and he probably has too >_<

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 3655936)
Since hi19 originally planned to put me in d3A, I decided to secretly ghost the division to see how I would do. I think I might have won at least cumulative scoring, but I'm not too sure. My scores for anyone interested:

Played this a few times. File had some jacks, I actually thought this was slightly harder than the D4 song for round 1, lol. Didn't AAA, but idgaf.

This is the round where everyone points at me and laughs. >.< I gave this file a few serious attempts. I once had a run where I had 6-0-5-0 going into the ending handjacks, then I picked up 40 goods and never touched the song again. Tofurox, I don't know how you managed to get that godly score that you did on this song. Anyways, I'm pretty sure I got last place for this round, I just couldn't find a way to tackle this bish. >.<

This was a sightread. About 10 of these goods were from the slow 8th hand jacks towards the end and a whole bunch of other ones were from BS lag. >_> I tried giving this file a few more tries, but I just rage quit every time I got a single good from those slow hand jacks, they **** me up every time. >.<

This song, omg. When I sightread this, I got over 150 goods. When I saw frozen angel practically sdg'ing it and other people getting sub-50 scores, I felt really sad. I gave the file a few more tries the same day as my sightread and managed to whittle it down to 75-ish goods. I then decided that I'm not going to settle with a crappy score so I sat down and whored the song for a good amount of time. This score is still crappy, but jacks are my weakness so I'm surprised I managed to get it down to this.

AAA'ed ALL of the 32nd stream, all the misses were on the jacks, goods were either from the jacks or some other random places, song was fun, this was a sightread. Lolwut. xD

Most of these goods weren't even in the stream, I just felt like I was picking up BS goods along the way. >.< I think I AAA'ed a decent amount of the stream, so I'm happy. This was a pretty fun song to play as well. :3

This song was really fun, and really worth playing. :3 This was my sightread btw. I'd say most of the goods weren't really from the song being that hard, but mostly the fact that is was stamina draining; I'd kinda like AAA a huge portion at a time, get tired and lose concentration and start derping, and then start AAAing huge portions again once I got my concentration and energy back up.

I'd have gladly let you ghost the division for real! haha
Yeah I have a lot of trouble with Zelda Theme too, tofurox got an amazing score on it.
Your CQ Boss and Emerald Sword scores are really impressive though!
Harvest Dance is quite a ninty64-style score haha, those jacks must be tough for you.
I think it was proper to have you in D4B, your skills at reading high FMO and FGO files is very impressive compared to the rest of D3A.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPreggers (Post 3655955)

That was a mistake that I'm glad I quickly rectified >_>

tofurox 03-12-2012 02:10 PM

I can't seem to read Emerald Sword [ONI] no matter how hard I try. I increased my speedmod and then brought it back to normal to see if that would help. I've tried other FMO/FGO files. Tried a slower rate in SM, but that still didn't help me much when I brought it back to normal speed. I just can't seem to read the streams. Every time I play them I feel like I'm mashing.

I'm gonna keep trying, but... I don't think you'll be seeing a sub 300 good score from me.

Arbliterator 03-12-2012 02:22 PM

Sweet improvement, still losing to breakdown though. :(

reuben_tate 03-12-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3656061)
I'd have gladly let you ghost the division for real! haha
Yeah I have a lot of trouble with Zelda Theme too, tofurox got an amazing score on it.
Your CQ Boss and Emerald Sword scores are really impressive though!
Harvest Dance is quite a ninty64-style score haha, those jacks must be tough for you.
I think it was proper to have you in D4B, your skills at reading high FMO and FGO files is very impressive compared to the rest of D3A.

The reason why I didn't ghost from the start is because I thought it was silly that I wasn't able to AAA the first round and I was just too embarrassed to post my Zelda Theme score after seeing what everyone else had. xD I'm glad I was able to make up for it though by pumping out good scores in the later rounds like with CQ Boss and Emerald Sword. I think you made the right choice with putting me in D4b though, it seems like people in d3a were having to resort to educated mashing for the later rounds, while I found all the files completely readable and playable. If it isn't too much of a hassle though, could my ghosted scores be put into the spreadsheet? I'd be interested in how I would have placed.

alloyus 03-12-2012 02:51 PM

woooo

xXOpkillerXx 03-12-2012 02:52 PM

I don't approve that score Alloyus :)

RadiantVibe 03-12-2012 02:57 PM

lol I can't read this song

alloyus 03-12-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx (Post 3656120)
I don't approve that score Alloyus :)

I don't approve of YOU! asdlfjaslkfja

yeah I'm bad. I can't improve that xP

Samwais 03-12-2012 03:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Okay so I completely forgot about the previous round because university, but i'll post a score for that round anyways in hopes that it might still be acceptable ;__;

Also, a placeholder/sightread score on the final round song.

xXOpkillerXx 03-12-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alloyus (Post 3656158)
I don't approve of YOU! asdlfjaslkfja

yeah I'm bad. I can't improve that xP

If that's actually true then I really am not understanding that score you've got haha.

alloyus 03-12-2012 03:38 PM

I REALLY can't do hard stuff at all, it is true, I did worse when I tried again.

Breakdown16 03-12-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arbliterator (Post 3656088)

Sweet improvement, still losing to breakdown though. :(

Hehe, unfortunately this just happens to be my type of file...

Winrar 03-12-2012 04:51 PM

I was gonna teens, but there's something with that ending JS, I can't seem to get it right. I'll try watching my replays a bit more carefully.

hi19hi19 03-12-2012 04:54 PM

The jumps in the JS for that file almost exclusively go to snare drums. Listen to the snare if you are having trouble placing the jumps.

Winrar 03-12-2012 05:51 PM

I've been listening to the snare, the JS is still tricky. The fact that it's on the offbeat makes it that much harder.

reuben_tate 03-12-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winrar (Post 3656276)
I've been listening to the snare, the JS is still tricky. The fact that it's on the offbeat makes it that much harder.

muting sometimes works wonders :3 (No offense to the song choice, just saying it's easier to PA some charts without the music. xD)

slipknot_6969 03-12-2012 06:05 PM

this was a sightread ill try to clean it up some