Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Metal Gear Solid 4 (no spoilers) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=94239)

eric25 06-11-2008 09:52 PM

Metal Gear Solid 4 (no spoilers)

Who is excited for it? Who is getting it tonight at midnight? Whatever how about some Metal Gear Solid 4 discussion. I know I can't wait to get an 80 GB bundle and play Metal Gear Solid 4 all day. Anyone else?

iPatcH 06-12-2008 10:06 AM

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 (no spoilers)

I watched someone play the first couple acts. It was... amazing. The end of Act IV was enough to make me consider getting a PS3, it was that epic.

demonllama6124 06-12-2008 10:41 AM

i just bought the 80GB bundle with MGS4. been wanting a PS3 for a while now, so when i saw that this bundle was coming out, it was perfect.

eric25 06-12-2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonllama6124 (Post 2207921)
i just bought the 80GB bundle with MGS4. been wanting a PS3 for a while now, so when i saw that this bundle was coming out, it was perfect.

Same here. I picked my bundle up this morning. This is probably one of my favorite games I've ever played.

powerdown 06-12-2008 02:57 PM

I'm getting this game after work tonight. I cannot wait. I've played every Metal Gear game, and I want to see how Kojima finishes up the series.

SaguchiTheCat 06-12-2008 03:29 PM

Didn't I post in this topic? Were did the post go?

I have heard that there is still going to make games for this series, but I just want it to end so badly. I am sick of these overrated games getting best game of the year every year one is made. Everyone says it's the best series ever, but I just plain cannot stand the series. I have tried to get into it, but I just can't, no matter how much people like the games. By now you should realize how much I hate the games.

Orange Dude 06-12-2008 03:46 PM

My brothers playing this right now, I'm gonna go watch him I guess.

iPatcH 06-13-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaguchiTheCat (Post 2208354)
Didn't I post in this topic? Were did the post go?

I have heard that there is still going to make games for this series, but I just want it to end so badly. I am sick of these overrated games getting best game of the year every year one is made. Everyone says it's the best series ever, but I just plain cannot stand the series. I have tried to get into it, but I just can't, no matter how much people like the games. By now you should realize how much I hate the games.

There's a reason your post got deleted. You're openly admitting to disliking the game and thus derailing the discussion of said game, and in turn opening thread to flaming. You're not contributing, so stay out of the thread.

I finally got to watch the first 40 or so minutes of the game... I seen pieces and pieces of every scene now. The one thing that always makes me go ":O!" is whenever they go directly from a cinematic to in game play... because nothing changes.

devonin 06-13-2008 03:39 PM

His first post was deleted for the tone and content of the way he expressed his dislike. It was trolly, and a little flamey. His post this time was a perfectly reasonable expression of his dislike of the series.

I'd still say, Saguchi, that in a thread about people being excited for the game, coming in to say how much you hate it is just asking for trouble, but that doesn't mean you can't express your opinion if you do it civilly.

powerdown 06-13-2008 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPatcH (Post 2210164)
The one thing that always makes me go ":O!" is whenever they go directly from a cinematic to in game play... because nothing changes.

Same here. The first time it happened I was like "Oh, time for the camera to cut out and there be a brief break in the action." Then the camera turned around Snake and I was right on the front lines; my jaw was on the floor.

I'm only at the very end of Act II as of right now. Lot's of fun full scale wars here, assuming that's your playstyle. But also equally fun to try and get through without being spotted.

eric25 06-14-2008 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powerdown (Post 2210598)
Same here. The first time it happened I was like "Oh, time for the camera to cut out and there be a brief break in the action." Then the camera turned around Snake and I was right on the front lines; my jaw was on the floor.

I'm only at the very end of Act II as of right now. Lot's of fun full scale wars here, assuming that's your playstyle. But also equally fun to try and get through without being spotted.

Same here. I thought the game was going to have way to many cutscenes, but I love the cutscenes. They transition from the game, to the cutscene, back to the game perfectly. Sometimes I actually find myself playing the game to get to the next cutscene. It almost feels like I'm playing the most super awesome movie that has ever been made.

Un-registered 06-14-2008 11:40 AM

I can't wait to get it, I heard like all the people from the orginal metal gear characters are going to be in it. Metal gear is my fave game, I bet this will be a killing. Can't wait!

scorpio1690 06-14-2008 12:57 PM

I got it yesterday and played it for ~13 hours. The beginning of Act 3 is so God damn annoying.

I'm not a fan of the Mission Briefing scenes. I think they could wrap those up in a lot less time.

That said, the bosses are ****ing amazing. Only beaten the first one so far but it was such an epic battle. Anyone else get her octomask camo?

I love how many different things you can do once you've snuck up on an enemy with CQC. A lot of the time I'll wake up enemies I've knocked out just to knock them out a different way.

Just woke up. I'm gonna go play.