Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   hi19hi19's Delicious Custom Theme Tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=122379)

alloyus 03-13-2012 02:24 PM

Re: hi19hi19's Delicious Custom Theme Tournament

Quiet op at least I improved :(

Ninty64 03-13-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo man im awesome (Post 3656785)
all of my stream, all of my stream

So, I got this thinking holy shit this is ridiculous, and now I see that Ninty still has me beat. MUST PLAY MOAR

If you can beat me then you got me. I don't have any more time to play until the weekend. Just perusing through the forums

yo man im awesome 03-13-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninty64 (Post 3656812)
If you can beat me then you got me. I don't have any more time to play until the weekend. Just perusing through the forums

oops i did

JJTrixX 03-13-2012 03:51 PM

qqwref 03-13-2012 05:18 PM

Warmed up and played this song several times on both mirror and nonmirror - this was the best I got. If you can beat this, you're better than me at endurance js :p

hi19hi19 03-13-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3656910)
Warmed up and played this song several times on both mirror and nonmirror - this was the best I got. If you can beat this, you're better than me at endurance js :p

That's a really good score dude lol

wildfireskunk 03-13-2012 07:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3626924)
These long 143 bpm 24th streams should are a little easy for D2A and probably a little hard for D2B, but D2 was a tough balance for me to get right.

Typo aside, you're a liaaaaar! I'm D2A and these are far from easy T__T

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3626924)
Regardless, I hope everyone enjoys this file, I know I sure do :)

I enjoy it! I suck at it, but I like the song and the file is still fun even if out of my league.

Zakvvv666 03-13-2012 07:24 PM

When does the final round end again? Since it isn't in the OP like it should be ._.

tofurox 03-13-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakvvv666 (Post 3656985)
When does the final round end again? Since it isn't in the OP like it should be ._.

No idea, hopefully not for a long while. Cause I still suck.

reuben_tate 03-13-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tofurox (Post 3656989)
No idea, hopefully not for a long while. Cause I still suck.

Have you tried playing slower JS files on FFR and working your way up? I'd start with some Southern Cross JS, then do some Makiba and Defection JS (they are both different styles of JS, so I'd recommend both for practice), and maybe some EHHS JS. I personally find EHHS JS to be more difficult than Emerald Sword's JS, so after your confident in your ability to at least read EHHS JS, Emerald Sword should be a breeze.

Zakvvv666 03-13-2012 08:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
**** it, don't need to know when it ends, I'm done playing this damn file, these songs were fun at first, but damn, the later rounds of this tournament have just pissed me off because it's not a matter of not being able to AAA the songs, it's the fact that most people can't even get get sub-100 on them.

tofurox 03-13-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 3656997)
Have you tried playing slower JS files on FFR and working your way up? I'd start with some Southern Cross JS, then do some Makiba and Defection JS (they are both different styles of JS, so I'd recommend both for practice), and maybe some EHHS JS. I personally find EHHS JS to be more difficult than Emerald Sword's JS, so after your confident in your ability to at least read EHHS JS, Emerald Sword should be a breeze.

Yeah, I'm gonna try some of those files more. They definitely help, but it's tough to get better quickly.

hi19hi19 03-13-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakvvv666 (Post 3657013)
**** it, don't need to know when it ends, I'm done playing this damn file, these songs were fun at first, but damn, the later rounds of this tournament have just pissed me off because it's not a matter of not being able to AAA the songs, it's the fact that most people can't even get get sub-100 on them.

That's the point! I hate AAA fests, but SDG fests aren't much better. Some people legitimately enjoy files they can't even FC! I notice you're at least able to read the file, so mission accomplished as far as I am concerned. The goal was files you can read but cannot do well on.

By the way it ends Wednesday night. It is in the OP where it says all rounds are 4 days long, round started Saturday night = round ends Wednesday night.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildfireskunk (Post 3656982)
Typo aside, you're a liaaaaar! I'm D2A and these are far from easy T__T

I was talking more about the few people in D2A who have massively skillboosted (winrar, radiantvibe, etc)
Sorry if that made you feel bad :<
I'm glad you're at least able to read most of the file and enjoy it, though.

FrozenAngel91 03-13-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 3656997)

EHHS JS is really really awkward, and Emerald Sword isn't. I can read and play Emerald sword fine but I can barely get below 300 goods on EHHS. I do agree with this idea though, it's what I've been doing.

Personally I'm using Etude on a Nimbus as a warmup to Makiba and Treasure Planet. The song I'm using the most though is actually Emerald Sword heavy, since it's the same speed but way less dense, it's much easier to get used to reading at that speed before I start killing myself on the oni version.

Also if you can tofu, I would get Icy's Nuclear blast JS packs 3 and 4, and practice on -273.15, Still Blastin', tropical april, and shinsekai. They're all about the same speed (minus -273.15 and shinsekai, but -273.15 is stamina training and shinsekai is awkward pattern training), so they're very good practice for emerald sword.

If you can't get those packs I would play on Team fur's engine, they have still blastin and tropical april on there I think (along with some of icy's other impossible stuff)

mrpreggers 03-13-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3657024)
By the way it ends Wednesday night.

Woooooo.. finally. Time for 1203102301230k credits.

EzExZeRo7497 03-13-2012 09:36 PM

Probably going to get a lot of shit but...
Whoever goes mad because they can't sub-100/150/200 the files in the tourney should really appreciate the fact that hi19's pushing your limits. For example if you're a D5 player, hard files (Say mid FGO) actually make you improve faster than just playing easy AAA (mid FMO) files, that's with you play the hard files a lot, and not a once a week occasion or something like that.

Tournaments like these are my favourite since there's more competition, you can always expect a comeback no matter which round. It isn't a tournament where everyone needs to AAA so that they would be able to maintain their position, this is a tourney where all you can do is try to edge out your opponents by not just one good or two goods, so there's room for comeback any time. ;)

My 2 cents really.

reuben_tate 03-13-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EzExZeRo7497 (Post 3657109)
Hard files (Say mid FGO) actually make you improve faster than just playing easy AAA (mid FMO) files

I agree with the rest of your post, it's just this part that makes me a little pissed. I sick of seeing elitism in this community, please acknowledge the fact that mid-FMO's is not an easy AAA for over 99% of registered users on the site.

EzExZeRo7497 03-13-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 3657111)
I agree with the rest of your post, it's just this part that makes me a little pissed. I sick of seeing elitism in this community, please acknowledge the fact that mid-FMO's is not an easy AAA for over 99% of registered users on the site.

I apologize, I was just giving an example. I should've edited that, oops

dvaskate 03-13-2012 09:42 PM

Here is my score so far.
Hope to improve.

hi19hi19 03-13-2012 09:47 PM

Regardless of what you consider easy or hard, everyone in this tournament (with the possible exception of select D2A and D5A players) has been pushed well beyond their comfort zone. That was the entire intent of the tournament and was stated as such in the second sentence of the OP.

The difference between attitudes of the FFR and SM communities always surprises me.
It always baffles me when I see someone on FFR call a file they can "only" get say 47-2-1-6 on "too hard!!1!" Something you can nearly FC is not too hard lmfao.
As far as I'm concerned, "too hard" starts when you can't read any section of the file. As soon as you can start reading a good portion of it, then it's not too hard, it's something you can use to improve.

People on Stepmania play files they can't FC all the time and don't complain, (hell people frequently play files they can't pass) where the hell is that positive, improvement-minded attitude on FFR lol