Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   F-Zero (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=123237)

xferrarix 03-27-2012 08:31 PM

F-Zero

This is about any of them in the series. Lately though I've been so hooked on F-Zero X. I hope people have seen the extreme amounts of craziness the good F-Zero people bring to the game

example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sJysrh1Q2Y

Stuff like this makes me so interested in it. I have F-Zero on SNES too, and I played Maximum Velocity on GBA back in the day. MV was one of the hardest ones imo. I was thinking about trying F-Zero X on an emulator, so it could be possible to play the game online. Anyone else into this series?

Mau5 03-27-2012 08:36 PM

Re: F-Zero

WOW I remember playing this on Gamboy advanced.. Good stuff, that video takes it to like a whole new level though haha

PS i love the top comment
"This is a flying game right"

UserNameGoesHere 03-27-2012 08:39 PM

Only played the original F-Zero.
Unlocked and beat all the Master class courses like a boss.
I forget but I may not have beaten all the Master class stuff with that weak light-green car but definitely have with the others (and some of them with the light-green car).
All Expert courses beaten with any and all cars, of course.

Also F-Zero had some of the best music ever featured in a video game, IMO. XtremeG (a similar kind of game for the N64) also had really good music. I didn't care for XG2 though.

Coolboyrulez0 03-27-2012 08:50 PM

Love F-Zero GX so much even though it's very difficult, still quite a bit I have to do even though I've had this game for YEARS.

x_lambourghini_x 03-27-2012 08:58 PM

I've played every F-Zero game (except for F-Zero AX). They are all pretty fun. I'm best at GX. I really wish Miyamoto would've continued the series instead of cancelling it after GX. GX is challenging in parts though (especially story mode). I unlocked the 30 normal pilots (still have to unlock the other 11), don't know my progress on custom parts, I'm one cup away from unlocking master class, then once I beat Diamond cup on master I can buy the AX cup then beat that any difficulty and unlock the course Mute City Sonic Oval. That would be that for GP once I work on it.

hi19hi19 03-27-2012 10:58 PM

It takes one badass game to pull off a thrash metal soundtrack in a non-ironic way.
I've always loved F-Zero :)

Arntonach 03-27-2012 11:37 PM

**** mission 7 on GX. I'm never going to unlock Dai Sai Gen ever and I don't care. Still, GX is a really good game and it's a shame that it never got a proper followup on the Wii. The GBA games were pretty okay though and modding X is always fun.

Poison- 03-28-2012 12:15 AM

I remember playing GX years ago. The only one of the series that I ever played. It was pretty tough, but I remember getting really far in it. I was just a kid back then, so it couldn't have been THAT tough, guys...

xferrarix 03-28-2012 01:05 AM

I still find it surprising that Sega was the one who programmed and helped make F-Zero GX

Seriously I expected shit to go haywire in that game because of the Sega logo, thank God it was only a racing game

Coolboyrulez0 03-28-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poison- (Post 3666229)
I remember playing GX years ago. The only one of the series that I ever played. It was pretty tough, but I remember getting really far in it. I was just a kid back then, so it couldn't have been THAT tough, guys...

F-Zero GX is still hailed by many gamers and reviewers as not only one of the hardest racing games but actually one of the hardest games ever made.
http://pc.ign.com/articles/774/774907p1.html
http://gamersxtreme.org/2012/01/18/t...ng-challenges/

etc.

Reach 03-28-2012 04:31 PM

F-Zero X and GX are some of my favorite racing games. Love them to death.

GX was pretty damn hard, for even someone like me that considers themselves insanely good at racing good.

That world record in the OP though, lmao. He makes that look easy, but suffice to say that I've tried this and controlling the car at those speeds is nearly impossible.

FontSize72LOL 03-28-2012 05:00 PM

I still have F-Zero X, though its been ages since I've actually played it. Never got really big into it, but i spent a decent amount of time on it.

xferrarix 03-28-2012 08:51 PM

F-Zero X lately I've been trying to unlock the staff ghosts and then attempt to beat them. I have never found something to be so hard to do in a racing game.

I want to pick up F-Zero GX too and give that a go. A friend of mine brought it over last week, and all I can say is the graphics and speed on it are beyond awesome. The controls reminded me of the original F-Zero

Arntonach 04-4-2012 01:53 AM

GX's Staff ghosts are worse, which pale in comparison to it's Story mode. It's really hard.

xferrarix 04-4-2012 09:32 AM

lol, if the staff ghosts are any harder the F-Zero X's then I'm pretty sure I'll never beat them

psychopete 04-4-2012 04:53 PM

F-Zero is some of the most fun I've had while wanting to throw my controller through the wall. Pretty fun multiplayer, too, especially if you're playing with people who haven't played the game before. Got some rather fond memories of GX with newbies/slightly drunk folks. Rather entertaining.

Still, story mode was rather infuriating, and for once, the staff ghosts weren't nearly as difficult.

MarioNintendo 04-4-2012 04:56 PM

Bought F-Zero GX today (along with Megaman X Collection (YESSSS)) for $5. And all I can say is...

IT'S PRETTY DARN INSANE.

Coolboyrulez0 04-4-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 3670722)
Bought F-Zero GX today (along with Megaman X Collection (YESSSS)) for $5. And all I can say is...

IT'S PRETTY DARN INSANE.

what the

where did you get that for that price. with manual?

Renevatia 04-4-2012 05:07 PM

F-zero is probably my favorite racing game of all time lol, I like the balance of simplicity, difficulty and graphics its golden.

MarioNintendo 04-4-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 (Post 3670724)
what the

where did you get that for that price. with manual?

Hehe :razz: I should've actually payed 25$ for the whole package (still, that's a steal), but I got a deal because I'm a regular customer and all that stuff. With manual, that is correct! :D