Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Choof's Solord Style Tournament! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=122627)

bmah 02-15-2012 07:48 PM

Re: Choof's Solord Style Tournament!

For those of you who are new to solo, it's good to practice playing semi-pettanko if you're playing the regular 4 keys (i.e. using middle and ring fingers assuming you use a spread setup).

Soul. 02-15-2012 08:58 PM

In
Please put me in the low division because I suck on solo *epicly*

Sorry to edit this but how can I download the packs if Megaupload won't allow me receives any files?

Gundam-Dude 02-15-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3638620)
For those of you who are new to solo, it's good to practice playing semi-pettanko if you're playing the regular 4 keys (i.e. using middle and ring fingers assuming you use a spread setup).

Definitely this. It helps build dexterity with your middle and ring fingers so you get used to ring trilling. Other than that, it's completely dependent on how well you can do bracket patterns of [13][2] or [46][5]. I'm fairly adept at 6key but I still have a lot of trouble doing 16th brackets, even at slow speeds, lol.

Sign me up, I should be able to find the time to play every week. Assuming D4 is the solord division (LG, leonid, 0, etc.), put me in D3. If you need donations, I can give you like ~50k.

alloyus 02-15-2012 09:42 PM

In in in~ D3 I -think-

Breakdown16 02-15-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul. (Post 3638667)
In
Please put me in the low division because I suck on solo *epicly*

Sorry to edit this but how can I download the packs if Megaupload won't allow me receives any files?

OP will be posting downloads for the tournament files.

hi19hi19 02-15-2012 09:49 PM

I used to play 4-key with semi-pettanko (middle and ring fingers) and I'm currently playing a piano piece with tons of thirds trills on one hand (constant index/ring to thumb/middle or middle/pinky bracket type things) so my right hand is actually quite good at that motion as a result haha

This could go better than I initially expected, now that I think about it.
Excited!

megamon88 02-15-2012 10:02 PM

In, probably D1 lmao

Xx{Midnight}xX 02-15-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Good thing for playing Semi Pent regularly eh?

Choofers 02-16-2012 12:42 AM

this thread blew up omg

updated participants, donations, added a section for division layout
adding links for packs soon

0 02-16-2012 12:44 AM

can i join

Choofers 02-16-2012 12:53 AM

no

Wineandbread 02-16-2012 12:59 AM

I'll join this (o:

Either D2 or D3, prolly D3 though

WAITING ON LONGGONE

Anaru 02-16-2012 01:17 AM

longgone d6

Roar176 02-16-2012 01:35 AM

dude ChoofZ it's "jello ladies and gentlemen classic sh*ite right here" please fiXe pl0xe

LongGone 02-16-2012 02:35 AM

Quote:

If you are new to solo, yes. If you are a seasonsed player however, Semi-pettanko training works best, -if- you hold down your index fingers on blank keys while playing 4k. e.g. holding down FJ while playing SDKL on spread. That is more representative of doing brackets on 6k. Otherwise, you're most likely going to have both your indexes up in the air while doing this and you won't have much control still when doing harder patterns like brackets. Either way you'll still develop faster ringtrilling speed which is useful, but IMO I'd use semi-pettanko just as a warmup and jump straight into solo files. I believe reading is more important than dexterity when comparing 6k to 4k

[TeRa] 02-16-2012 02:56 AM

in

tofurox 02-16-2012 03:34 AM

Out... no wait in (that's what I was looking for)! I have ne'er played solo before, and hell I've used Stempmania only a small handful of times. D1 baby!

TheSaxRunner05 02-16-2012 01:09 PM

So, I would join, but every time I take a screenshot on stepmania, all I get when I paste it into paint is a black screen, no score.

PriestREA 02-16-2012 01:15 PM

I'm in. I blow at solo, though.

YoshL 02-16-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 (Post 3639038)
So, I would join, but every time I take a screenshot on stepmania, all I get when I paste it into paint is a black screen, no score.

press the printscreen button. sm takes a screenshot and saves it to a folder automatically.