Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   The Werewolf Game (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   TWG 2016 Ranked Test Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=144094)

Xiz 03-20-2016 06:22 PM

TWG 2016 Ranked Test Thread

**THIS IS JUST A TEST. YOSHL IS CREATING SOMETING BIGGER AND BETTER. BUT FOR NOW, TO GENERATE THOUGHTS**

Click Here For Spreadsheet

General:
- Games must not be jTWG games
- Games must be at least majority over year it took place
- Games must end before the new year
- Top 13 will compete in an All-Star game at end of the year, separate from Ranked
- I might have an IRL reward, but that's a big might. We shall see.

+5 Alignment win
+2 Host Game
+1 Loss
+1 Replacing In
-5 Being Replaced
-10 Modkilled

This is still a work in progress, but feel free to give me any recommendations, because I am still balancing and perfecting this. Also, this might help for the TWG awards at the end of the year. Thanks!

storn42 03-20-2016 06:38 PM

Re: TWG 2016 Ranked Test Thread

rocking that 0% win rate :D

Tokzic 03-20-2016 07:13 PM

cool idea and i'm interested to see where it goes

i don't see why jtwgs don't count, more stats the better imo

Xiz 03-20-2016 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokzic (Post 4417240)
cool idea and i'm interested to see where it goes

i don't see why jtwgs don't count, more stats the better imo

initially it was to relieve pressure on new TWG'rs for how relaxed they normally are. If people want them to count I'll def throw them in

botchi246 03-20-2016 11:38 PM

Ayyy im all for this. Good idea

Makilaz 03-20-2016 11:49 PM

I know I haven't played any games since coming back here but I plan on playing in the next one so please add me to the spreadsheet tia

thesunfan 03-20-2016 11:59 PM

I support this very, very, very mildly

It gives people less incentive to host games

Winrate is not a good example of how good someone is in a team game like TWG, but its \ok\ It misses a lot of things like whether or not someone got carried in a few victories or not, and rewards people for winning while being very, very wrong.

Its still \ok\ though.

Xiz 03-21-2016 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesunfan (Post 4417320)
It gives people less incentive to host games

Yeah, i'm trying to figure out how many points hosts earn, if any. I kinda wanna say that it's 3? I don't know yet. Remember this is like super super Alpha version 0.00001

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesunfan (Post 4417320)
Winrate is not a good example of how good someone is in a team game like TWG, but its \ok\ It misses a lot of things like whether or not someone got carried in a few victories or not, and rewards people for winning while being very, very wrong.

Its still \ok\ though

If I recall correctly, Jrodd suggested a meathod that 2+2 uses, where the farther along town got as a whole, they got more points. Like more points if team got to final 3. I'm trying to figure out how that might be able to fit in.

\ok\ is exactly how I would describe it atm. I'm slowly breaking down everything into its own section so I can adjust accordingly.

Xiz 03-21-2016 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makilaz (Post 4417312)
I know I haven't played any games since coming back here but I plan on playing in the next one so please add me to the spreadsheet tia

Adding jTWG's were recommended so I will try it out if I see more support for it. And once you sign up to play the next TWG game I will automatically put you on.

Makilaz 03-21-2016 01:49 PM

i do think jtwg's should count or at least as their own ranking if there are enough of them

Xiz 03-21-2016 01:50 PM

So far this year there have been 1, so if I would add it in it would be to the main group.

Would jTWG's count as much as normal TWGs?

j-rodd123 03-21-2016 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4417372)
Yeah, i'm trying to figure out how many points hosts earn, if any. I kinda wanna say that it's 3? I don't know yet. Remember this is like super super Alpha version 0.00001

If I recall correctly, Jrodd suggested a meathod that 2+2 uses, where the farther along town got as a whole, they got more points. Like more points if team got to final 3. I'm trying to figure out how that might be able to fit in.

\ok\ is exactly how I would describe it atm. I'm slowly breaking down everything into its own section so I can adjust accordingly.

it was actually the opposite, like the quicker the town won the more points they got

_Zenith_ 03-21-2016 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4417377)
So far this year there have been 1, so if I would add it in it would be to the main group.

jTWG's are less stressful and more a learning/practice experience for real TWG games, and with that no, jTWG's should not count as much as normal games.

They should be counted as some modified number or half of the values of a normal game, and if I recall jTWG's are on the shorter time/shorter player count side of things which would warrant them lower in "value" than a normal TWG game.

EDIT: iirc there were single digit jTWG games (or it at least seemed so in the second half of the year/when I started to play) so if the general idea was revitalized so that there are more, then it should be its own like Makilaz stated or equal in value.

Gradiant 03-21-2016 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4417377)

Yep. Most of the jtwg games seem have a lot of vets anyway, isn't always majority newer members with only 1-2 vets.

Makilaz 03-21-2016 02:03 PM

jtwg's should either count for ~1/2 of a normal game or be completely separate

junior games tend to be much simpler mechanically compared to "real" twg games regardless of how often veterans like to play in them

Gradiant 03-21-2016 02:08 PM

And ''real'' twg games could easily have simpler mechanics. Are all the ''real'' twg games with these setups also going to be 1/2 counted?

storn42 03-21-2016 02:23 PM

i think jTWGs should be 1 point for losing and 3 for winning. it shows that playing a jTWG is still important, but also shows that its not as hardcore in a sense as normal TWG.
i Think a good host number is 2. on average it gives less points than playing a game (assuming 50% winrate) while still rewarding points for actually hosting.
a good way to reward players for playing well could be to give them an extra point if they were alive when the game ended. This also means that even if the team lost the game, you managing not to die can get rewarded,

Xiz 03-21-2016 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-rodd123 (Post 4417379)
it was actually the opposite, like the quicker the town won the more points they got

More thinking out loud here, but then:

1 point per player, so 13 games = 13 points total. Goes down 2 point per day (till 3)

So..
13 player game, town wins d3 = 7 points
13 player game, town wins d4 = 5 points
13 player game, town wins d5 = 3 points

Then...
20 player game, town wins d6 = 10 points?

That way, the more people play, greater risk? I dunno.

Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4417385)
i think jTWGs should be 1 point for losing and 3 for winning.

If my formula above isn't broken and stupid and it works, then jTWG might be a standard 3 win 1 loss, regardless of players?

Xiz 03-21-2016 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makilaz (Post 4417382)
jtwg's should either count for ~1/2 of a normal game or be completely separate

junior games tend to be much simpler mechanically compared to "real" twg games regardless of how often veterans like to play in them

I agree with this completely. I never try ever when doing jtwg, and actually usually attempt to get caught by newbies :P

Xiz 03-21-2016 05:05 PM

Also, how about getting a +1 point for replacing IN?