Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Nintendo 3DS Friend Codes/QR Codes (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121625)

T-Force 01-13-2012 08:01 PM

Re: Nintendo 3DS Friend Codes/QR Codes

In the room. Hopefully a few folks show up.

Coolboyrulez0 01-13-2012 08:10 PM

Tomorrow for sure. Working on some album tracks with my partner in crime right now, sry.

T-Force 01-13-2012 08:13 PM

We'll be going for a bit so if you get time, hopefully we'll still be kicking it.

EDIT: Welp, myself, YOSHl, *Virus*, and x_lambourghini_x all kicked it for about an hour there. Great fun! Hopefully tomorrow has some good racing too!

Dark_Chrysalis 01-14-2012 01:45 AM

I'll likely be available to play around 3-4pm CST for a few hours. Not sure when everyone else will be on, but that's when I will.

Also, cleaned out mah wallet today and found unused Best Buy gift cards x3 so yeah. Add Pokemon Rumble for meeeeeee.

x_lambourghini_x 01-14-2012 10:07 AM

Karting was awesome last night. I hope to be on again tonight.

YoshL 01-14-2012 10:19 AM

lol i got so friggin unlucky during half those races

but that last round... twice rainbow road, twice me destroying rainbow road o3o

Elite Ninja 01-14-2012 12:26 PM

So let me know when everyone wants to race today cuz I am back home now. Ill add the new people right now. :D

T-Force 01-14-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOSHl (Post 3615327)
lol i got so friggin unlucky during half those races

but that last round... twice rainbow road, twice me destroying rainbow road o3o

Hoorah for us tying for 1st in that last one.
Also, just throwing this out there. When it's 2 or 3 people only, *Virus* is a BEAST! Get 4 in there, and not so much. =P

EDIT: I just saw Brandon's post. Probably the same time it's scheduled for Friday's. 6 PST/9 EST, etc.
I'll probably be on as well.

YoshL 01-14-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Force (Post 3615519)
Also, just throwing this out there. When it's 2 or 3 people only, *Virus* is a BEAST! Get 4 in there, and not so much. =P

out of T-Force, me, *Virus* and cbr that were playing last night,

T-Force easily has the best consistency
I handle only certain tracks well, and love to **** up randomly all over the place, making me lose alot
*Virus* is also very consistent
sorry cbr T_T

of course, with items and crap thrown in, shit happens always.

Dark_Chrysalis 01-14-2012 02:12 PM

So yeah, I'll be ready to play in like 10 minutes if any of the lurkers here wanna have a go :p

Elite Ninja 01-14-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Chrysalis (Post 3615552)
So yeah, I'll be ready to play in like 10 minutes if any of the lurkers here wanna have a go :p

sure Ill join up with you :3

eating dinner right now too

*Virus* 01-14-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Force (Post 3615519)

hey don't be mean :( ha i was doing good, the last couple of races i have no clue what happened. I was getting frustrated that i was doing so horrible not like me at all :/

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOSHl (Post 3615531)
out of T-Force, me, *Virus* and cbr that were playing last night,

T-Force easily has the best consistency
I handle only certain tracks well, and love to **** up randomly all over the place, making me lose alot
*Virus* is also very consistent
sorry cbr T_T

of course, with items and crap thrown in, shit happens always.

and thanks yoshi! :)

Elite Ninja 01-14-2012 02:36 PM

Dark and I are in the community lobby right now. Waiting for more people I guess.

Elite Ninja 01-14-2012 03:32 PM

Hehe racing one on one with *virus* is fun 8)

ggs man

Ill be back on MK7 later.

*Virus* 01-14-2012 03:39 PM

man in neo bowser city i kept falling off!! tsk tsk, but ggs you were good

Dark_Chrysalis 01-14-2012 03:40 PM

Also as a heads-up to people, I was thinking of starting/running a MK7 Ladder so we have some kind of competitive thing. Kind of a way to keep interest going and to increase our online activities. Now, there's 2 ways I could go about this.

One is just a general gaming ladder. If you dont know what this is, its basically a "Top 10" of sorts in which people are rated as if on the rungs of a ladder. You try and start out at the bottom of the ladder and work your way up. You can challenge anyone directly above you (If you're not on the ladder, that's 10th or whatever the bottom is) and occasionally the person above that too if you so desire. Winner takes the higher spot on the ladder, with the loser taking the other spot. You can only challenge someone once in a certain amount of time, and usually someone on the ladder cannot deny a challenge unless they've adequately defended their spot (say, if you successfully defend the spot thrice in a day, you dont have to accept another challenge for the rest of the day etc.)

========================================================================
The other option involves an actual rating system. I basically made a few formulas very similar to the Elo rating system used for pretty much everything competitive (namely Chess). If you've played online with Mario Kart Wii, its basically the VR on that, but with different standards. Everyone would start out at what would be considered a middling rating (I chose 150) and depending on who you face, what their VRs are, and what place you got, your VR and theirs would change accordingly. I've already started on an Excel spreadsheet that would keep track of the VRs and would also calculate changes in VRs from races.

Basically, it calculates for each player what your chances of placing ahead of them are, and gives points based on whether you place ahead of them or not. In a larger game, you're rewarded for better placement with more points where as you're penalized more for losing. Also, the higher the difference between 2 players, the less the rating changes. If a 250 ranked player defeats a 150 ranked player, for example, it would only change the ratings by .4 points

All that would be required of you guys is to record your matches and PM them to me or post them on my AIM, and I can do the rest. I'd change my 1st post in this thread to accommodate the chart, or we could just do another thread entirely. Either way, its actually not a strain on me once I get the equations typed out. All I would do is put in the racers, their placement, it would give me all their changes and I'd swap them out. I'd be able to update it at least once a day.
==========================================================

So, anyone else game for these 2 options?

YoshL 01-14-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Chrysalis (Post 3615617)
LOTS OF WORDS

the second option requires more work it seems, but is alot better imo. i'd be up for that

Elite Ninja 01-14-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Virus* (Post 3615615)
man in neo bowser city i kept falling off!! tsk tsk, but ggs you were good

lol I noticed that. I do that all the time as well but only when there are like multiple people playing though :/

*Virus* 01-14-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elite Ninja (Post 3615622)
lol I noticed that. I do that all the time as well but only when there are like multiple people playing though :/

i don't know what happened with that one too it was so stupid of me to fall lol i got so lucky on one of them though when i got first place i eneded up getting the triple mushroom woop woop

Elite Ninja 01-14-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Virus* (Post 3615623)
i don't know what happened with that one too it was so stupid of me to fall lol i got so lucky on one of them though when i got first place i eneded up getting the triple mushroom woop woop

I like it when I used a star in first place to block your blue shell >:]

Also, we need an official MK7 chat on like skype or something! The MK7 game chat doesn't really work out too well lol.