Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

TC_Halogen 07-27-2014 01:40 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 [Regular batch: OPEN]

Flounder is actually in the Mar/Apr batch, so you'll see notes for that relatively soon.

Lambdadelta 07-29-2014 04:43 PM

Submitted Kicks for breakfast and Snares for lunch for the next available batch.
Hope this does a lot better then YGF did.

t-rogdor 07-29-2014 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 4171800)

mike you son of a bitcvh

hi19hi19 07-29-2014 05:44 PM

Aww I was (slowly) making changes to that file for him.
Hope he made changes himself because I kinda feel that file's not getting past the judges using Xandertrax repetitive-submit style...
As much as I know Choofers hates Dossar's reviews, his notes did have a lot of pretty decent suggestions in them.

Honestly a lot of files this batch that I had finished files or WIPs for, especially Johnny C. Bad (assuming that's the SSH song)
Oh well.

t-rogdor 07-29-2014 05:48 PM

dossar's review, as much as i hate it, did have a number of good suggestions in it. Honestly I've been considering revisiting robotomy because there's a lot of grace notes and general pattern issues with it. needa make a v2

ilikexd 07-29-2014 06:03 PM

how about fix the bpm

i.e double it and change it when the time signature changes so you don't have a billion 5/64ths

t-rogdor 07-29-2014 06:51 PM

that sounds like a lot of effort to fix a non-issue

VisD 07-29-2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikexd (Post 4173778)
i.e double it and change it when the time signature changes so you don't have a billion 5/64ths

Actually there are only around 4000 notes in Robotomy. :):)

ilikexd 07-29-2014 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VisD (Post 4173861)
Actually there are only around 4000 notes in Robotomy. :):)

True, I was using 'billion' figuratively.

hi19hi19 07-29-2014 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-rogdor (Post 4173844)
that sounds like a lot of effort to fix a non-issue

err... that takes like 6 keystrokes to do

autofill tool -> fill with new BPM
scale notes -> 2x

done

And it's a real issue for two reasons, there are sounds that fall between 192nds because the BPM is so slow, doubling the BPM gives you greater fidelity when dicksyncing.
Also it makes it easier to read.

M0nkeyz 07-29-2014 09:04 PM

about the bpm thing, I have currently a song that is a 96nd note swing, however I have not seen a single file in the game that has mostly white notes, i have checked on 0.1 speed however and its 100% 96nd swing.

Is there a reason there aren't any files like that in the game, because if you double the bpm it looks ugly imo( you only get red notes and 48th notes) or are there just not many songs like that?

hi19hi19 07-29-2014 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0nkeyz (Post 4173941)
I have not seen a single file in the game that has mostly white notes

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...php?level=1506
huehuehue

To answer your question for real though, if 96th swing is correct, the judges should be fine with it.
I'm stepping a song right now with white arrow swing and the color of the arrows never really struck me as something that would be a concern.

Gradiant 07-29-2014 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0nkeyz (Post 4173941)
about the bpm thing, I have currently a song that is a 96nd note swing, however I have not seen a single file in the game that has mostly white notes, i have checked on 0.1 speed however and its 100% 96nd swing.

GOING TO RIP ON THE BUTT on the team blaze engine. Was going to submit it but my laptop crashed and i lost all my wips. Have to restep it from what i have on the engine already.

ilikexd 07-29-2014 09:59 PM

96th swing is pretty damn rare in music, although i have seen it like once

the thing is, there's some chance it's actually 48th swing at double the bpm you have it, so make sure that isn't the case (like if you have it as 96th swing at, for example, 90 bpm, it's probably better as 180 bpm 48th swing)

and i don't think "ugliness" is a factor in 48th swing. there was just a 48th swing file submitted recently.

M0nkeyz 07-29-2014 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikexd (Post 4174002)
96th swing is pretty damn rare in music, although i have seen it like once

the thing is, there's some chance it's actually 48th swing at double the bpm you have it, so make sure that isn't the case (like if you have it as 96th swing at, for example, 90 bpm, it's probably better as 180 bpm 48th swing)

and i don't think "ugliness" is a factor in 48th swing. there was just a 48th swing file submitted recently.

I meant ugly more in the sense that when the bpm is doubled there are no blue notes. Blue notes generally indicate percussion sounds while the red notes are the bassline, only red and teal notes, might work for like a hardcore song, but for a jazzy song with a lot of percussion sounds its not fitting imo and therefor I think it's 96th swing. It's probably rare I've never seen it b4

rCaliberGX 07-30-2014 12:34 AM

I sent my update 2 seconds late am I screwed

Wayward Vagabond 07-30-2014 05:34 AM

Plan on submitting:

XelNya 07-30-2014 05:46 AM

I totally forgot we'd entered a new period. Time to look through my "to submit" folder again I suppose.

Did notes from the last batch even get posted or something? I can't even tell how far behind we are anymore (if at all?)

TC_Halogen 07-30-2014 11:59 AM

We're actually very close to current.

March and April batch has concluded the main part of judgments and all that is left are the passed files, but I will compile the ratings/judgments and post them sometime today. Files with a [PASS] judgment are actively being judged and those should be resolved relatively fast.

Additionally, May/June preparations are in progress. If the May/June batch concludes judgment before August 31st, then the FFR batch will be current as July/August will be in judgment on September 3rd (I'll give the usual 48 hour grace period to update your files on September 1st), Sept/Oct batch will be open and therefore, not possible to judge because it's open. Ideally, this means you guys will no longer have to wait more than a month for notes on your files once a period closes. Ideally, I'd like it to be three weeks, but I like to accommodate for people's lives getting in the way.

EDIT: ALSO, I will be releasing songs this Friday.

It feels good to be back. That January/February batch really hurt my confidence but this batch has been relatively smooth despite one minor oversight on my part (thankfully, ilikexd covered in that case).

James May 07-30-2014 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 4174238)
July/August

Oh...expect more ACC from me...