Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Help with a file? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=133434)

SethColeman 11-26-2013 07:36 PM

Help with a file?

Hello, all. I'm currently stuck on a file that has been giving me trouble for just about a week now. Some of you may know it, some of you may not, but in either case, this is the file I'm referring to:

Yep! You know it, you may or may not love it, but there it is: Eclipse (Luna), also known as D4's song for Round 5. I've finally decided that whining about it's suggested difficulty level isn't going to get me anywhere, so I came to you guys for help. Do any of you have any suggestions on how I should approach the file? I got one super lucky run (11-2-2-3 i think?) and I haven't been able to get near it again. In fact, I always seem to get 7 or 8 goods in the first 200 notes. Here are my current settings (yes I've tried mirroring it):

I'd really appreciate some help. I mean, I already got Fractured Sunshine, but I'd really like to make it to at least the top 5, if not top 3. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. And as always, have a nice day!

L.B.D.D 11-26-2013 08:11 PM

Re: Help with a file?

try 2.6 on r3

hide combo but keep PA count

SethColeman 11-26-2013 08:21 PM

Will do....but playing on R^3 is pretty weird. You got any offset suggestions?

L.B.D.D 11-26-2013 08:29 PM

is your offset weird? i just use offset 0 (default) and i don't have problems

you might have to play around with stuff

usually when i have mindblocks and stuff on a file i mix up mirror/noteskins sometimes

try using delta noteskin on legacy or r2

SethColeman 11-26-2013 08:38 PM

Good stuff. I'ma try again after doing some last minute adjustments on work from class.

SethColeman 11-26-2013 09:03 PM

Not doing so hot with any of those settings/engines. I'm still willing to try any other suggestions you guys may have.

And thanks, L.B.D.D., for those tips.

shenjoku 11-26-2013 09:05 PM

I've been using R^3 solely for isolating the parts that kick my ass (aka the beginning clusterfuck and the ending clusterfuck) and playing them on slower rates to figure out the rhythms, but that's about it. It also hasn't really been helping, but that might just be because it's too fast for me. Might help you though. The isolation feature is pretty nice.

SethColeman 11-26-2013 09:12 PM

I'm just now finding out about isolation. Thank you so much. This will definitely some in handy.

Also, I want you to benefit from it as well. I hope this isolation strategy gets you to the next round. Thanks again, this will really help.