Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   penguins and lizards rarely if ever interact with each other in the wild (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150199)

Charmoeleon 11-18-2018 11:15 PM

penguins and lizards rarely if ever interact with each other in the wild

But in an apartment in Atlanta, Georgia, that's about to change.

So... a little backstory is in order. For about a year and a half now, benguin (reuben_tate) and I have been dating. He's attending Georgia Tech for his college degree, and as such has been living in Atlanta for a while now, changing apartments at the end of every lease so far. On the other hand, my parents have been planning on moving from our current home in Tennessee back to Arkansas in order to take care of their parents. (Yes, I'm 22 and have been living with my parents up until now, shut up.) With my dad's parents already gone, and the recent passing of my grandmother on my mom's side, they finally decided that it was time to move.

That left me in a bit of a pickle, seeing as I only had a part time job and couldn't afford an apartment on my own. I needed a roommate, and Reuben's lease was ending soon. After a little planning (and not bringing up the fact that he and I were dating - parents are Christian homophobes), we signed a lease together and have been working toward this day ever since.

After several months and many trips to Atlanta to search for a replacement job as well as unexpectedly having to replace my car, I finally made it over here. I'm excited, exhausted, nervous... but most of all, I'm just curious what lies in store for both of us now. Not really sure what else to say, honestly... I know I'm not really active around here, and most only know me from the 11th Official, but... yeah. Just felt like saying something, I guess. If you're in the area and want to hang out, just hit us up.

PS: The penguin has been helping me move in today, you'll get your user tourney thread from him tomorrow. Sorry not sorry.

LeftyRighty 11-19-2018 12:17 AM

Re: penguins and lizards rarely if ever interact with each other in the wild

Congratulations to you two! I hope that your move goes (or has been going) smoothly and I wish the best for both you and Reuben. :D

Wayward Vagabond 11-19-2018 12:18 AM

How exciting! I wish you guys the best of luck

Dinglesberry 11-19-2018 12:29 AM

Woh waaaaa, didn't even kno lol, congrats

Dinglesberry 11-19-2018 12:31 AM

Thinking now, I feel in generation 4 a piplup could fight a few lizards but ya kno, still an uncommon match-up, so nice

dAnceguy117 11-19-2018 12:38 AM

heck yes. gonna pick you up to go play rhythm games sometime, you're not allowed to decline!!

bmah 11-19-2018 12:40 AM

Moe, congratulations on your successful move. Undoubtedly you went through a lot of logistical hurdles, but you’ve made it. Sometimes it’s just a matter of good timing where opportunities present themselves. Just very happy for the both of you.

Dinglesberry 11-19-2018 12:50 AM

So like just wondering, considering your parents (fairly relatable situation minus the Christian part), did you just like, never tell them lol

Just like "ya so I got this friend in Atlanta I kno its barely close but I'm gonna move with him ahaha yea he's just a friend xdd" like is that not obvious to them lolz

I guess maybe you never have to tell them, hmmm

Charu 11-19-2018 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 4657214)
heck yes. gonna pick you up to go play rhythm games sometime, you're not allowed to decline!!

You better!

Also, congrats to the both of yas! Glad to learn you two are doing well and that you found a way through a family that's not generally tolerant with that stuff. Be wary though as now you'll have to constantly make up reasons for sticking around. But I'm sure that's probably far off if this just happened.

Also also, living with your folks in this day and age shouldn't be frowned upon. No need to think people are going to judge differently just because. It's expensive as hell to live alone.

SKG_Scintill 11-19-2018 05:49 AM

26 here still living at my parents'

storn42 11-19-2018 05:50 AM

but, piplups and charmeleons arent even in the same egg group! good luck to the both of you!

Charu 11-19-2018 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill (Post 4657226)

Word, my dude.

drizzleRomanceGirl 11-19-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill (Post 4657226)

i'm 24 and i'm still living with my mom and we're planning to move to washington state in a year or two :D

also congratulations on moving in together :)

Funnygurl555 11-19-2018 11:00 AM

i thought this thread was about animals so at first i wasn't gonna read it BUT THIS IS SO CUTE

Charmoeleon 11-19-2018 01:23 PM

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! As far as the move itself goes, we have everything in the apartment, but we're still in the process of moving furniture around, getting boxes unpacked, and all that.

And sure thing, dAnceguy. Even though you're gonna kick my ass for sure, lol

flashflash account 11-19-2018 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4657263)
i thought this thread was about animals so at first i wasn't gonna read it BUT THIS IS SO CUTE

No offense but now that you say it I think a video of a lizard and penguin playing together would be way cuter than romance

MixMasterLar 11-19-2018 05:10 PM

Congrats on getting your own place. That shit is not easy to accomplish.
Also congrats on the relationship working out this far that y'all live together now. Ben's never told me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4657263)

When I read the title and thought it was an animal thread, the realization that some (most) animals never even become aware of 95% of the remaining animal kingdom kind of ----ed me up

gold stinger 11-19-2018 07:51 PM

Congratulations to the both of ya's! Benguin didn't say a word over Discord so I had absolutely no idea. Super happy for the both of you <3

the sun fan 11-19-2018 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4657316)
Congrats on getting your own place. That shit is not easy to accomplish.
Also congrats on the relationship working out this far that y'all live together now. Ben's never told me!

When I read the title and thought it was an animal thread, the realization that some (most) animals never even become aware of 95% of the remaining animal kingdom kind of ----ed me up

the percentage is more like 99.999% if that fucks you up more

devonin 11-19-2018 11:42 PM

Happy thread is for happy posts, not jerks. Congratz you two!