Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Is the Switch worth it? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=146942)

Reincarnate 03-7-2017 04:55 PM

Is the Switch worth it?

See title. Switch worth it? Which games are worth it?

Charu 03-7-2017 05:08 PM

Re: Is the Switch worth it?

If you have a Wii-U, not at the moment.

If you don't have a Wii-U, it might be a good investment since that's the system Nintendo and other devs are currently going to make games on.

Your choice really, lol.

Poison- 03-7-2017 05:14 PM

$400 for Zelda...your call

Charu 03-7-2017 05:16 PM

Not just for Zelda, just saying investment-wise, if you like Nintendo products and like what they've showed thus far for their future games on the Switch, then go for it.

If not, and you have a Wii-U, just buy Zelda on that console if that's one of your motivations. It's the same game with differences being very negligible.

One Winged Angel 03-7-2017 05:16 PM

as someone who spends a sizable chunk of their waking hours on the toilet, yes

also BotW has been nothing short of jaw-droppingly amazing so far

Charu 03-7-2017 05:22 PM

Admittedly, I wanted to get the Switch when it launched, but there was no place in stock. Maybe this was a blessing in disguise, because maybe combo deals might happen for when I eventually do buy it.

That's another factor to consider I suppose if you're debating on getting it now or later.

Reincarnate 03-7-2017 05:38 PM

Yeah, Zelda alone isn't worth $400 to me -- what other games coming up are worthwhile?

Wayward Vagabond 03-7-2017 05:50 PM

Worth it? Yes. Worth buying now? Not from what I've seen.

Reincarnate 03-7-2017 05:57 PM

Will probably wait until they work out the kinks and stuff isn't constantly sold out. Not really a fan of the "lol dead pixels are okay!" explanation

Staiain 03-7-2017 06:34 PM

BotW has so far been amazing to me, it's mindblowing that it's technically a handheld open world rpg at this point, so many small details and stuff that just makes it so good

MarioNintendo 03-7-2017 07:02 PM

It's not a good investment because there is a price cut to be expected. Just throwing that out there. I'll wait until 2018 at least for sure.

Charu 03-7-2017 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 4528958)
It's not a good investment because there is a price cut to be expected. Just throwing that out there. I'll wait until 2018 at least for sure.

Careful, the Wii-U had been out 4 years without any noticeable price cut for the system itself. Combo deals on the other hand...

Kraezymann 03-7-2017 07:20 PM

Not yet.

inDheart 03-7-2017 07:24 PM

nah

definitely not worth buying at launch. give it a look in like 6 months~a year and see what's coming up

i'm considering it for the part of me that doesn't want a home console but it's not worth yet

Mahou 03-7-2017 07:57 PM

Most the time I only end up buying a console for just 1 or a few games. In my case, it's not worth it.

If you're unsure about purchasing it, you could wait a few months for the console to mature.

XelNya 03-7-2017 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnate (Post 4528943)
Will probably wait until they work out the kinks and stuff isn't constantly sold out. Not really a fan of the "lol dead pixels are okay!" explanation

The fact they think its ok at all is a red flag.

Also, I'm really sad nintendo makes good games. It makes them harder to hate on.

gold stinger 03-8-2017 04:19 AM

inDheart's got the right attitude about it I think.

Consider it a bias piece, but the video below kind of struck me the wrong way. I mean sure, things can go wrong and will go wrong with certain people, but consistently across many? ehhhhhhhh. I'd rather stick with the WiiU for right now and see where things go in 6 months to a year.

Basically a compilation of everyone who has had something go wrong for them on the Nintendo Switch. Sources in video description.

yo man im awesome 03-8-2017 11:15 AM

Don't forget to take into account that it is a vocal/visible minority of people that are having problems. While I don't know the numbers, given that at least well over a million Switches have been purchased, there will of course a relative few outliers that will have problems. It's the case with any new product.

yo man im awesome 03-8-2017 11:21 AM

Also I haven't been so glued to a console on release, let alone on one game, since possibly the DS or the 360. It's a phenomenal console with a game changing idea.

For some anecdotal references:

I have taken my switch to class and played through it all day, honestly the battery life seems great for the quality of game it's running.

In BotW specifically, the only time I have experienced noteworthy frame rate drops is when I'm connected to a TV and I'm initially entering an area with a lot of tall grass.

The controllers are of course small, but they are actually very comfortable.

The 1 drawback/reservation I have right now, is that the "controller" thing that is supplied with the Switch doesn't have a connectable USB port to charge your joy-cons while playing, you have to buy another one separately.

But honestly I've had so much fun with this console, and you can literally feel the potential in it while using it.

Charu 03-8-2017 11:32 AM

Will agree that Nintendo themselves saying dead pixels is okay is pretty "lmao wat" material I've ever seen from a business.