Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   We need an investment forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=140888)

Arch0wl 02-14-2015 02:00 PM

We need an investment forum

Many of us are getting older and developing careers. We have disposable income and want to know how to invest it smartly, but investment forums themselves are somewhat inaccessible for beginners since this is a whole field of study.

Litodude's investing thread is extremely informative, and the back and forth between Rubix and Lito was great.

Most people know nothing or very little about investing, and I count myself in the "very little" category. I know slightly more than the average person, but I don't consider myself competent by any means.

I've made a ton of informational threads on the Health/fitness forum and I think Litodude's approach would be similar if there was an investing forum.

PROPOSAL: The FFR mods should create an investment forum with Litodude and Rubix/Reincarnate as a moderators. I realize Litodude has been banned before, though, so perhaps that disqualifies him, but either way, one or both of them should be moderators for the ability to sticky informative threads.

Litodude 02-14-2015 02:28 PM

Re: We need an investment forum

i get banned for being a dick to dicks, not for being inept

awein999 02-14-2015 02:49 PM

There is a shit ton to know about investing and everywhere it seems like people aren't genuinely being taught much about it/knowing where to go to start learning whatever. So ya I agree organizing information applicable to investments in some type of sub-forum is realistically progressive for people on this site.

andy-o24 02-14-2015 03:01 PM

+1 if Lito will write out more words than some of his posts in the "current trades" thread. Structured posts like Arch's in the fitness subforum would be great for the investing realm.

-o24

Rapta 02-14-2015 03:07 PM

I agree with this suggestion and think it should be implemented.

s1rnight 02-14-2015 04:12 PM

constant and enthusiastic expansion is a good thing for a healthy site! do the right thing, mods~

Litodude 02-14-2015 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4276364)
+1 if Lito will write out more words than some of his posts in the "current trades" thread. Structured posts like Arch's in the fitness subforum would be great for the investing realm.

-o24

yea, i can actually write when i want and i'll do that if this becomes legit

choof 02-14-2015 06:09 PM

stepmania

Jtehanonymous 02-14-2015 10:35 PM

expressing interest (lol get it) in this because I was thinking about how I could invest my extra money just a few days ago.

Litodude 02-18-2015 10:32 PM

++

25thhour 02-18-2015 11:39 PM

Im going to be investing some money in property in the next few weeks in BC. Its 50k, downpayment of 5-10k, with a potential appreciation of like 2% of year compared to previous years. My boyfriend would occupy it, (current rent is 800 a month, yes we rent it), so spending 5-10k upfront would negate that cost, we could then rent out the 2nd bedroom for 500 per month, with a mortgage payment of approx 200-250 bucks a month. There is also a strata fee of like 120. This will create a net monthly income of like 200 bucks a month PLUS appreciation PLUS a much lower amount of net cash output. Yay condos

I'm a little drunk so it might not make much sense.

V-Ormix 02-19-2015 04:38 AM

what is truly useful information oop

Zageron 02-19-2015 11:31 PM

Administration has made the unanimous decision that an investment forum is not necessary for FFR. Please make do with a thread or two.

Cheers,
Zageron

Arch0wl 02-23-2015 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 4278680)
Administration has made the unanimous decision that an investment forum is not necessary for FFR.

This needs more elaboration.

Virtually all non-FFR discussion forums are "not necessary for FFR" (including Chit Chat, The Garbage Bin and so on) -- The Garbage Bin is especially not-necessary, so you are rejecting this forum not on the grounds that it's "not necessary" but on the grounds that it's somehow less essential to FFR than The Garbage Bin and Chit Chat, which I doubt.

So, without any context, what you're saying is meaningless and/or trivially true, since literally every forum that discusses offtopic material is "not necessary for FFR."

Arch0wl 02-23-2015 06:34 AM

Also, who comprises "administration"? You?

Crazyjayde 02-23-2015 08:56 AM

Would you perhaps need a consultant to invest in a thread beforehand?

dragonmegaXX 02-23-2015 08:58 AM

I would actually be somewhat interested in this

Arch0wl 02-25-2015 06:35 PM

so to reiterate, an investment forum isn't happening because it's not necessary, yet when we evaluate the existing forum list:

Riotpolice 02-25-2015 06:46 PM

Investing is something you should start early, as early as 21-25 years old if you want a better retirement. My dad knows so much about investing, he's my go-to when I have a question about anything investing-wise.

+1 this idea of making an investing section, we are all getting older and now is actually the perfect time to start making people see that investing early is going to help them out a ton in the long run. Thanks for bringing this up Arch.

Reincarnate 02-25-2015 07:15 PM

I'll make some basic threads just in case

edit: here http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=141052