Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   hi19hi19's Delicious Custom Theme Tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=122379)

hi19hi19 02-27-2012 07:41 PM

Re: hi19hi19's Delicious Custom Theme Tournament

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo man im awesome (Post 3646983)
Scratch my request to be moved down; I checked the spreadsheet and my score still somewhat fits. Regardless, I'm still in a horrible mood, and I'm still in a skilldrop. I'm just really really pessimistic in times like these.

Yeah I was gonna say, you're stayin' in D5C buddy
Even on your bad days you're competitive in that division lmao

yo man im awesome 02-27-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3646987)
Yeah I was gonna say, you're stayin' in D5C buddy
Even on your bad days you're competitive in that division lmao

hnnnnnnnnnnnng

It's because I don't think I am ;__;

I don't even know where the skilldrop came from. Normally when I get sick I actually IMPROVE. What's so special about this occasion?

flipsta_lombax 02-27-2012 07:57 PM

Improvement-ish.

hi19hi19 02-27-2012 09:50 PM

wtf flipsta thats really good ;_;

flipsta_lombax 02-27-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3647070)
wtf flipsta thats really good ;_;

hnnnnnng I just wish I didn't miss as much. But yeah tnx

sticklydude 02-27-2012 11:04 PM

update on scores plz?

I must see if I'm in first.

who_cares973 02-27-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo man im awesome (Post 3646957)
Wow. Umm, yea I'm suffering from a brutal skilldrop right now. I'm requesting to be moved down a flight, at least until I get skill back, so I won't feel so bad about myself. My best score at the moment is 71-6-13-8.

edit: 58-11-12-13...

Also, I don't intend on staying in the lower flight, I just want to be there for motivation because I don't want to feel like shit when I play and like I'm horrible. I'd like to feel like I'm worth something.

that's the sorriest piece of shit excuse I've heard to be moved down. You might as well kept sandbagging passed the official if you wanted to feel superior

FrozenAngel91 02-27-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3647112)
that's the sorriest piece of shit excuse I've heard to be moved down. You might as well kept sandbagging passed the official if you wanted to feel superior

I don't really think it's that bad of an excuse, I've had the same problem with being in D4. It's hard when you get scores that the rest of the division destroys so badly that they don't even have to pay you any attention, especially when you know you could get scores good enough to be competitive or at least used to be able to get them.

On the subject of whether he should be moved down though, I don't think he can, even as a morale boost. His scores are probably too high for the division below him even with the skill drop, and it's not really fair to the people in the division below him to lose a chance on getting freedom dive just to get his morale back. Sucks, but not much to do.

Anyways that's my opinion, sorry to take up a post here with no scores >.<

nois-or-e 02-27-2012 11:36 PM

Coming from someone who is placed in D3 in every tourney due to a few random VC sdg's and eliminated first round almost every time. It doesn't matter what your current skill is, it is what you are capable of. I can't fc a lot of 9s but can sdg a few random vcs. Regardless of temporary skilldrops that render me unable to fc some 8's, I am still capable of pulling random VC sdg's and thus am lumped in with players that can sdg/aaa most 9's and sdg VCs consistently...

tl;dr - suck it up and dwi. It is just a tourney, have fun and play the songs given, knowing that you are partaking in a unique tourney with unique files and a fun host ;D

Anaru 02-27-2012 11:49 PM

go beyond what you're capable of
i learned that after being bumped up TWO divisions (out of 5 divisions) in the 5th official tourney.
d3 --> d5 (d5 was with rubix, leonid, etc)

i know i use that incident a lot, but seriously - consider being in a HIGHER division an HONOR. :) it'll only help you improve immensely.

EzExZeRo7497 02-28-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaru (Post 3647160)
go beyond what you're capable of
i learned that after being bumped up TWO divisions (out of 5 divisions) in the 5th official tourney.
d3 --> d5 (d5 was with rubix, leonid, etc)

i know i use that incident a lot, but seriously - consider being in a HIGHER division an HONOR. :) it'll only help you improve immensely.

This. Have the intention to have fun, and not join to just win.

DossarLX ODI 02-28-2012 12:35 AM

So I just arrived back from Costa Rica

Dammit I have a lot of catching up to do with everything lmfao

hi19hi19 02-28-2012 12:39 AM

In a nutshell:
I trust you will AAA the first 3 rounds no problem. You have until Wednesday night for Round 3, though if you need an extension for that round I can give it as well.
qqwref has been helping me immensely, he's now credited as a co-host because he's been uploading files and, most importantly, doing the scorekeeping for me. This lets me focus on the files themselves and the other updates.
FREEDOM DiVE is now a reward. Or for you, it's more specifically the chance to cockblock Anaru from getting it. I'll update the second post with details, but you can find the post like 2 pages back.

Other than that, the past 40 or so pages have been mostly scores and lulz with a little bit of drama.

DossarLX ODI 02-28-2012 12:43 AM

I'll most likely need an extension, right now I'm overwhelmed by returning to school and I'm still a little sick haha.

Also Anaru dammit where is the DP vid I asked for

hi19hi19 02-28-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3647211)
I'll most likely need an extension, right now I'm overwhelmed by returning to school and I'm still a little sick haha.

Yeah that's cool. I actually already had you down for a R3 extension because I knew you'd be tired after getting back haha
I'm hoping you can get the first 4 rounds done by this Saturday evening when Round 4 ends, if you're still sick PM me and we can work something out. Hope you feel better and that isn't an issue though :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3647211)
Also Anaru dammit where is the DP vid I asked for

Aaaaaaaaaaand right back to being Dossar, it seems :P

Anaru 02-28-2012 01:07 AM

oh you asked for a dp vid?

k i can make that tomorrow or something :D

ps) what do you expect in a dp vid, cause i suck donkey shit at DP

dvaskate 02-28-2012 01:33 AM

Woot! Adrenaline Rush!
Best I can do now,
hope to improve.

dvaskate 02-28-2012 01:46 AM

Im on a roll!

I got super lucky on this one!

DossarLX ODI 02-28-2012 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaru (Post 3647220)
ps) what do you expect in a dp vid, cause i suck donkey shit at DP

Whatever you get, and I'd like to see what happens in your video

sticklydude 02-28-2012 02:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Improved even more.

Get wrecked D4.

PS. I hate you for the jumptrills, hi19. I restart over 20 times before I get past the beginning.