Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   F-Scale test and other fun quizzes! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151520)

melonpapes 12-12-2019 12:41 AM

Re: F-Scale test

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 4705249)
this is the only thing I was alluding to, it didn't sound like you were acknowledging that your "Destructiveness-Cynicism" score was high (and your following response confused me for this reason as well)

sorry that wasn't very clear at all (to me) and i don't mean to jump down ur throat if thats what you meant my dude.

dAnceguy117 12-12-2019 12:42 AM

s'all good I could have been more specific definitely

melonpapes 12-12-2019 12:42 AM

fwiw i acknowledge i scored high in that category because I WILL vehemently defend my beliefs, but I never go to the point of actual "destruction". at least I hope not. i wouldn't completely disregard a friend or peer for their beliefs, or else the divergent political opinions that me and mellonxcollie hold would have burned that friendship long ago (just one example of many but its the most apparent one, to me, because myself and her do agree to disagree in some aspects)

sorry for over-reacting, just don't wanna lose a pal to some crap like that

flashflash account 12-12-2019 12:42 AM

https://www.idrlabs.com/pol/trump/test.php

Trump Factor Test
Your Trump Factor is 18%, which makes you a Weak Donald.
result icon

Oh golly. This isn't a sight that would please the Donald. What a weak and scrawny Trump Factor you have, entirely lacking in resolve or excitement. You've got to have excitement or you won't have energy. You've got to have energy, or you won't be strong. If you're not strong, soon you're not even gonna have a Trump Factor at all – you're just gonna have nothing.

flashflash account 12-12-2019 12:43 AM

okay as dumb as these are they are pretty fun

melonpapes 12-12-2019 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4705254)
okay as dumb as these are they are pretty fun

EVERYONE LOVES QUIZZES and i think we should just do a lot of the dumb/interesting ones and share the results if not for fun but to get to know eachother all a bit better<3

flashflash account 12-12-2019 12:49 AM

https://www.idrlabs.com/climate-change/test.php

this test showed me that I am not really abreast of the current climate change discussion more than anything, which shows me that the internet is doing more yelling than talking

flashflash account 12-12-2019 12:54 AM

Re: F-Scale test and other fun quizzes!

https://www.idrlabs.com/neighborhood...rence/test.php

this one is fun too it's based on questions about your ideal neighborhood then turns that into your political stance because that's how politics works

melonpapes 12-12-2019 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4705256)
https://www.idrlabs.com/climate-change/test.php

this test showed me that I am not really abreast of the current climate change discussion more than anything, which shows me that the internet is doing more yelling than talking

100% agree, i wasn't sure how to answer half of these honestly because I'm not well informed enough, so there has got to be something better that can be done in order to provide the information needed to make these decisions intelligently rather than simply demanding action

aperson 12-12-2019 01:00 AM

i would say this test is correct.

melonpapes 12-12-2019 01:00 AM

most of the answers in this question, especially about transgender and things like hybrid cars, i was right in the middle. i don't think having an abundance of those things would change my view on the neighbourhood. i have no opinion, and definitely don't DISAGREE to have them in my neighbourhood. ultimately, it doesn't affect me.

flashflash account 12-12-2019 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melonpapes (Post 4705260)
most of the answers in this question, especially about transgender and things like hybrid cars, i was right in the middle. i don't think having an abundance of those things would change my view on the neighbourhood. i have no opinion, and definitely don't DISAGREE to have them in my neighbourhood. ultimately, it doesn't affect me.

in this case I felt like some of the questions weren't nuanced enough, but I felt like overall I was able to describe my ideal neighborhood (not caring about hybrid cars, but caring about bicycles because I dislike cars and not necessarily caring about their effect on the global environment)

aperson 12-12-2019 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melonpapes (Post 4705258)
100% agree, i wasn't sure how to answer half of these honestly because I'm not well informed enough, so there has got to be something better that can be done in order to provide the information needed to make these decisions intelligently rather than simply demanding action

There is tons of information on climate change. The reason you aren't up to date on it is because of activist campaigns by the fossil fuel, plastics, transporation, etc... industries to misinform you. Similar lobbying interests also have sway in news media, and you won't find accurate reporting in either American nor Canadian news for this reason.

It is naive to blame this on the people demanding action rather than the people misinforming you.

flashflash account 12-12-2019 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aperson (Post 4705262)
There is tons of information on climate change. The reason you aren't up to date on it is because of activist campaigns by the fossil fuel, plastics, transporation, etc... industries to misinform you. Similar lobbying interests also have sway in news media, and you won't find accurate reporting in either American nor Canadian news for this reason.

It is naive to blame this on the people demanding action rather than the people misinforming you.

the industry doesn't control my facebook friends posting greta thunberg and polar bears everywhere

and something about buffalo being safer

this is 100% an area where people are trying to make emotional appeals and ignoring facts

the sun fan 12-12-2019 01:04 AM

No idea why comply with Kyoto isn't 100%

EDIT: I think I'm like significantly more of a skeptic but I think we should try to address climate change more. I just don't believe its really going to happen.

dAnceguy117 12-12-2019 01:07 AM

this quiz is old hat now i see

aperson 12-12-2019 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4705263)
the industry doesn't control my facebook friends posting greta thunberg and polar bears everywhere

and something about buffalo being safer

It may surprise you to know that kids Greta's age will inherit a planet that does not have food, potable water, nor an organized global society by the time they are in their 50s if we continue on a business as usual pathway. In the worst outcomes, we will have a planet that emits enough hydrogen sulfide to kill most vertebrate life, like the end-Permian mass extinction.

It may also surprise you to know that polar bears are experiencing extensive range reduction which is a precursor to extinction events.

But sure, go off about the facebook memes.

flashflash account 12-12-2019 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aperson (Post 4705266)
It may surprise you to know that kids Greta's age will inherit a planet that does not have food, potable water, nor an organized global society by the time they are in their 50s if we continue on a business as usual pathway. In the worst outcomes, we will have a planet that emits enough hydrogen sulfide to kill most vertebrate life, like the end-Permian mass extinction.

this does in fact surprise me

polar bear thing is old news

aperson 12-12-2019 01:12 AM

Stay a while and listen to what's happening to our oceans

flashflash account 12-12-2019 01:13 AM

gonna have to pass on the hour and a half video
I can't even watch a 10 minute video most of the time unless it's really entertaining