Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Team Pony (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121802)

bmah 03-22-2012 12:18 AM

Re: Team Pony

http://www.stepmania.com/wiki/Downloads

I actually would get Stepmania 3.9, and if you want, v5 as well. I recommend you start by using the Stepmania editor in v3.9.

TehBoredGuy 03-22-2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3662281)
http://www.stepmania.com/wiki/Downloads

I actually would get Stepmania 3.9, and if you want, v5 as well. I recommend you start by using the Stepmania editor in v3.9.

I cant get the download for the newest version to work. when its about to finish, something says its interrupted and it cant save the file. Never tried getting the other ones though.

TehBoredGuy 03-22-2012 08:18 AM

Ok so i tried playing stepmania 3.9... The game is way out of sync.. like i cant even hit notes the way i should be able to, when i press a key there's a large delay before it registers in the game. any way to solve this?

TwistedPhoenix 03-22-2012 08:34 AM

Well, there should be an option called vsync. I haven't used SM 3.9 in a bit, but I'm pretty sure it has that. Play around with that and see if it helps.

Also, if it doesn't quite fix it, try this.

Quote:

Synchronize in StepMania 3.9
Audio Sync

There's a preference in StepMania 3.9 and newer called GlobalOffsetSeconds. You can adjust this by editing StepMania.ini.
Edit: So about the V5 install; Have you tried running it as admin, or disabling an anti-virus? Those might be blocking the install.

Edited again! Yay. Buy anyways, where are you installing it to? If you have it set to program files (the default place), change it. I have mine on the desktop. I think I remember there being something about not putting it in Program Files cause Windows is snobby and doesn't like it there.

TehBoredGuy 03-22-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedPhoenix (Post 3662395)
Well, there should be an option called vsync. I haven't used SM 3.9 in a bit, but I'm pretty sure it has that. Play around with that and see if it helps.

Also, if it doesn't quite fix it, try this.

Edit: So about the V5 install; Have you tried running it as admin, or disabling an anti-virus? Those might be blocking the install.

Edited again! Yay. Buy anyways, where are you installing it to? If you have it set to program files (the default place), change it. I have mine on the desktop. I think I remember there being something about not putting it in Program Files cause Windows is snobby and doesn't like it there.

Yeah i think thats what it was too, for the V5 install. As for the rest of the problems for 3.9 i have no idea. i'll give them a shot though.

TehBoredGuy 03-22-2012 09:14 AM

meh.. I give up. i tried editing the settings and the globaloffsetseconds thing but i give up. lol i'll just leave the stepping to the pros. i just wish i could step a song.. cause if i did it would turn out perfectly as i plan it to. lol like when i play other peoples steps, like they dont play out nearly as i would've planned them to, lol which throws me off. but meh i'll leave it to you pro-steppers.

bmah 03-22-2012 09:40 AM

Large delay before a key registers you say? That sounds more like a hardware issue than a syncing problem. I've never heard of latency issues for a keyboard that bad. That has nothing to do with being a "pro stepper"...see if you can find a way around it. I could be wrong though if your keyboard's responsiveness works well for everything else.

I also recommend downloading v3.9 as opposed to v3.95. Hopefully you weren't trying to do the latter.

TehBoredGuy 03-22-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3662415)
Large delay before a key registers you say? That sounds more like a hardware issue than a syncing problem. I've never heard of latency issues for a keyboard that bad. That has nothing to do with being a "pro stepper"...see if you can find a way around it. I could be wrong though if your keyboard's responsiveness works well for everything else.

I also recommend downloading v3.9 as opposed to v3.95. Hopefully you weren't trying to do the latter.

i have no idea if it was 3.95 or 3.9. the file said 3.9 so i assume it was exactly that. ANd why i said i'll leave everything to you "pro steppers" it wasnt the program or anything i was saying that cause i'm just not gonna bother trying to learn to step songs lol

gold stinger 03-22-2012 02:55 PM

I applaud you for taking an easy route.

"The only winning move is not to play at all."

I can safely say that you will get plenty of fun making your first couple of songs in DDR if you ever get it working, but the process of completing the song is quite time-consuming, especially for longer songs that contain no song edits or isn't a remixed version of the song (like most songs on regular DDR machines, ranging between 1:00 to 2:30 long.)

TwistedPhoenix 03-22-2012 05:03 PM

Would uploading my Stepmania folder allow for usage? I'm not entirely sure whether or not it would work, as it uses another folder in appdata for profiles and such, but I think it should just create that file when you first start it up.

Also, there are only a few people that I can think of made good steps from the get-go. Pretty much everyone else had to learn what to do and what not to do from experience. I say you should go for it, and after a few songs decide whether or not you really want to continue making more.

TehBoredGuy 03-22-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 3662518)
I applaud you for taking an easy route.

"The only winning move is not to play at all."

I can safely say that you will get plenty of fun making your first couple of songs in DDR if you ever get it working, but the process of completing the song is quite time-consuming, especially for longer songs that contain no song edits or isn't a remixed version of the song (like most songs on regular DDR machines, ranging between 1:00 to 2:30 long.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedPheonix (Post 3662578)
Also, there are only a few people that I can think of made good steps from the get-go. Pretty much everyone else had to learn what to do and what not to do from experience. I say you should go for it, and after a few songs decide whether or not you really want to continue making more.

Thanks you guys. I would try it before i say i want to continue making more, But im not a very patient person.. i have ADD and i have it badly. lol

Xiz 03-25-2012 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrozenAngel91 (Post 3661633)
lmao, you must of marathoned it or something. I remember doing that, it was fun XD

Also joooooiiinnnn theeeee teeaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmm O.O

Yeah alright, ill join haha

FrozenAngel91 03-25-2012 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 3664481)
Yeah alright, ill join haha

Awesome!

And don't forget to tell megamon what kind of siggy you want, it'd be kinda lame if you watched the entire series because of those siggies and then didn't actually get one :P

m3t4kn1ght 03-25-2012 05:12 PM

Lol I was busy stepping some files (avast fluttershy's ass, flank up, sunshine celery stocks) untill for some surprisingly unfortunate unclear reason a great erase took place and killed all my files. Won't be restepping them for a while, I worked bloody hard on them.

bmah 03-25-2012 05:13 PM

how did that happen?

megamon88 03-25-2012 05:19 PM

Ouch, that sucks. I had that happen on my old vista laptop before. I turned UAC off and everything was fine after that, but I still ended up losing my files. Was your stepmania folder in program files by any chance?

m3t4kn1ght 03-26-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3664705)
how did that happen?

Honestly, I have no idea at all how it happened. I noticed the stepmania launcher had vanished from my pc, so I redownloaded it. I booted up stepmania but it would just quit out everytime. Eventually it worked and started up but all my files were gone. very annoyingly mistirious..
Quote:

Originally Posted by megamon88 (Post 3664707)
Was your stepmania folder in program files by any chance?

Uhm yes, the folder was located in Program files(x86)

megamon88 03-26-2012 04:36 PM

There's your problem. Vista is very finicky about program files, so it's a good idea not to install it there, and instead in documents or something like that. You should be able to find your lost files in a hidden folder somewhere, but unfortunately I don't remember what it's called or how to access it, sorry :/

DissonantMuse 03-26-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanMeister1234 (Post 3657917)
I think that DissonantMuse is stepping that aswell isn't he?

Sorry for extremely late reply but yeah I'm still stepping it, but I haven't had any time to work on it. I've been so busy with work and school so I'll probably finish it sometime in the summer but anyone else can try their hand at stepping it, I'm not that great of a simfile artist considering I'm still a beginner. so yeah good luck to anyone else stepping that file, mine will be a work in progress for quite some time XD

Also, sorry to hear about that m3t4, nothing more frustrating than losing data.

bmah 03-26-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megamon88 (Post 3665237)
You should be able to find your lost files in a hidden folder somewhere, but unfortunately I don't remember what it's called or how to access it, sorry :/

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3661312)
Your file might have been accidentally hidden in a folder called "Compatability Files". Windows Vista and up seem to do this sometimes for a reason I'm not sure of. If there are files hidden in this section, there should be a button you can click on called Compatability Files.

Is this what you mean?