Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

Silvuh 10-5-2014 07:53 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 [Regular batch: OPEN]

Yeah, I'm really sorry, I know it's bad that I never said anything in this thread about that. I just didn't want to have to say that we're behind without making any progress, but ... yeah. Those two e-mails with your resubmissions were accidentally skipped over when the May/June batch was compiled, which is why AJ included them in his July/August batch image from September 7th.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 4195472)
BATCH IMAGE:

I know it would be unfair for you to have to wait until the next batch though, so I uploaded them and posted links for the judges back on the 24th and mentioned it a few more times in the thread and the chat, but no one's even downloaded the files yet. Sorry, I need to be more persistent.

As for the passed files, the two judges who said they would look at them both dropped out on the 2nd due to being too busy with other life things. I did post about that in the judge thread then, but I need to just ask people directly to judge things rather than wait for people to offer to help. So that's what I'm doing now.

About the ratings, I'll just post what I have soon. I'm going through all the notes for accepted files and taking note of, like, unwarranted rhythmic errors noticed by multiple judges and making a conditional queue ... so we don't have things like 3/16ths misinterpreted as 12ths getting in-game again.

hi19hi19 10-5-2014 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvuh (Post 4212461)
Those two e-mails with your resubmissions were accidentally skipped over when the May/June batch was compiled, which is why AJ included them in his July/August batch image from September 7th.

I know it would be unfair for you to have to wait until the next batch though, so I uploaded them and posted links for the judges back on the 24th and mentioned it a few more times in the thread and the chat, but no one's even downloaded the files yet.

Ah that's fine. Didn't realize those files were skipped, I'm actually totally fine with waiting until the next batch for them to be judged. No big deal, thanks for explaining.

I now know full well you guys are restructuring and there's a bunch of people who had to drop out unexpectedly, but I'm honestly asking more for the sake of everyone else.
Not everyone talks on Skype with half the judge team on a regular basis; people deserve to know.

hi19hi19 10-7-2014 12:29 PM

Okay since there's no point in bumping the stepcon thread I'll post here:

When are we going to learn which files the 2nd and 3rd place finishers chose to queue?
I know they might still be working on edits or something but can we at least learn what songs they are?

I really want to step one of the songs from that tournament but I also don't want to start a file just to learn halfway through that there's already a queued file for that song.

ilikexd 10-7-2014 12:39 PM

I know that TC_Halogen said he would be using This Will Be The Day, but I don't know if t-rogdor ever communicated anything.

barfood 10-7-2014 02:23 PM

I'm sending my version of wheelpower and go

XelNya 10-9-2014 12:14 AM

These files:

[Resubmission] They Kiddnapped The Princess
La Tristesse Durera Toujours
Nightfall (Original Mix)

Where skipped or something along that line somehwhere. I've carefully checked the batch review thread like 3 times on at least 3 occasions to be absolutely sure, so something happened to these somewhere.

I can't find the sent e-mail (as lol it deletes itself.) but I am 100% sure I sent it because I sent in the monstercat song (Nightfall) during the time where the credit event was going on. If someone could figure this out if it was never sent or whatever I'd appreciate it.

Trying to figure it out now because they're sitting in my "in batch" folder which I place them there so I know what's been sent recently. I just wanna know if I need to send them another time.

hi19hi19 10-9-2014 12:21 AM

Middie I'm pretty sure those 3 files are sitting in the "still need judgements" pile.
I don't have access to the judge forum so I can't check to make sure but I'm pretty sure they each needed a few more judgments.

XelNya 10-9-2014 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 4214157)
Middie I'm pretty sure those 3 files are sitting in the "still need judgements" pile.
I don't have access to the judge forum so I can't check to make sure but I'm pretty sure they each needed a few more judgments.

Oh neat.

I was just curious because I was preparing my files for this current batch period and was considering throwing Nightfall back in there if it had gotten massively overlooked / or if I had goofed up on my end (because it wouldn't surprise me too much.)

I get confused when things are in my folders where they shouldn't be. It drives me nuts XD

hi19hi19 10-9-2014 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4214167)
I get confused when things are in my folders where they shouldn't be. It drives me nuts XD

Same. Why do you think I've been so pushy about getting a final list of accepted/rejected files?

I hate having stuff in my "submissions" folder that should be either rejected or queued lol

Silvuh 10-9-2014 03:26 AM

Ohh my gosh, wow, I'm sorry, I don't know how I missed it! Yeah, you sent an e-mail to regularffrsubmissions on June 1st with Nightfall and They Kidnapped the Princess. Soon after getting access to the e-mail, I went through and labeled everything for the two latest batches, and I totally missed this one somehow, probably because the e-mail contained files that weren't in the batch, and I didn't stop to think, "Oh wait, maybe they should be!"

I'm going to start keeping a record of all the dates for when the e-mails are open for different things, and that should help in keeping things like this from happening.

However, I'm not seeing an e-mail with La Tristesse Durera Toujours in it; the next e-mail from you I see was sent on September 4th. If maybe you sent it to the wrong address or something, you can forward that sent e-mail to here. If it was originally sent during the right time period, I can let it be judged with this batch. But for now, I will make sure that your other two files get to the judges.

Sorry I still haven't posted ratings. When going through the notes for accepted files, I keep getting stuck on my own files, feeling like I need to make all the fixes then and there. It's been more difficult than usual this time, and I shouldn't have let myself get sidetracked like that. (Also, I've been working on a number of other things and need to get back to doing this, sorry.)

XelNya 10-9-2014 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 4214187)
Same. Why do you think I've been so pushy about getting a final list of accepted/rejected files?

I hate having stuff in my "submissions" folder that should be either rejected or queued lol

Yeah. It's weird It took me till tonight to realize how many files I don't have in my folder anymore. Cleaned out a lot of the super shitty ones.

XelNya 10-9-2014 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvuh (Post 4214193)
Ohh my gosh, wow, I'm sorry, I don't know how I missed it! Yeah, you sent an e-mail to regularffrsubmissions on June 1st with Nightfall and They Kidnapped the Princess. Soon after getting access to the e-mail, I went through and labeled everything for the two latest batches, and I totally missed this one somehow, probably because the e-mail contained files that weren't in the batch, and I didn't stop to think, "Oh wait, maybe they should be!"

I'm going to start keeping a record of all the dates for when the e-mails are open for different things, and that should help in keeping things like this from happening.

However, I'm not seeing an e-mail with La Tristesse Durera Toujours in it; the next e-mail from you I see was sent on September 4th. If maybe you sent it to the wrong address or something, you can forward that sent e-mail to here. If it was originally sent during the right time period, I can let it be judged with this batch. But for now, I will make sure that your other two files get to the judges.

Sorry I still haven't posted ratings. When going through the notes for accepted files, I keep getting stuck on my own files, feeling like I need to make all the fixes then and there. It's been more difficult than usual this time, and I shouldn't have let myself get sidetracked like that. (Also, I've been working on a number of other things and need to get back to doing this, sorry.)

1. lol mistakes happen could be worse. Could have forgotten files from the hard songs batch. That would have sucked.

2. All of them should have been in the same e-mail. I try to send them all at once so I don't forget any (because I am VERY forgetful at times.) I don't however have the original e-mail(s) to show it and whatnot. I can resend it though as I don't mess with files in this folder once they're sent to avoid confusion come me checking them versus notes. But if you think that kinda feels like cheating the system or w/e that's perfectly fine since I can't prove it on my end. XD

TC_Halogen 10-9-2014 07:21 AM

Just for everyone here, a lot of the disorganization that might be happening at the moment is likely my fault -- Silvuh here has really stepped up to take over and accommodate for any mistakes I might have made last batch (which apparently was a few).

I'm glad that everyone in here is being patient, though.

XelNya 10-9-2014 04:53 PM

Pretty much I'm glad that things are being put in place to prevent it happening to more. Thanks for the quick responses.

Onto recent things I guess.

Sent in my three files for this current period:

Blue Girl On Sunday (Goreshit)
Get Jinxed! (Rito plz)
Hero Of The Grey Area (SGX)

I'm excited for all three of these. Two of these have been on the back burner for a few months. :D

choof 10-9-2014 09:03 PM

Sent fixes for cold heart, found a minor error that caused a really nasty 24th jack, and another small issue involving reverse kick drums and oranges.

Silvuh 10-10-2014 12:50 PM

Ookiedoke, here it is. Sorry, this wait was all on me.

Light amber: your file is missing at least one judgment, so its final rating is still pending.
Light green: your file has been conditionally queued, so please read the following information.
Bold amber: your file has resubmission privileges for the next batch.

Queued with notes:

Circuitry (bmah)
31.35-32.14s: Two judges noted the rhythms here aren't perfect, but except for the second and third arrows being too early (it shouldn't be as fast as a 32nd. A 32nd is 51 ms here, which could end up being one frame apart, and it should be two), your arrows are mostly one 192nd early, which is like a negligible 8 ms difference. (If you take a more simply-colored suggestion, you'll need subbeats.) So it's not a thing that needs to make this conditionally queued.

A White Cat Sings Lovely Jazz Waltz (ilikexd & jimerax)
The intro should have 12ths instead of 8ths because it is a 3/4 waltz.
Look over sections with missing arrows again.

CONDITIONAL QUEUE

PISSCORD (PrawnSkunk)
36.87-37.11s: Two judges noted these 24ths as an error but gave different suggestions. It should just be a 16th, no 24ths or 32nds.
70.63s: 24th to the snare here; the 16th is a misrhythm.
91.83-92.31s: The 12ths in this beat don't go to any distinct sounds. The synth has a pitch drop on the 8th in the middle of the beat, so it would be better to just step that.

Johnny C. Bad (Buta-san)
Most importantly, some of the 48th stuff in 71.77-84.87 is out of sync and needs to be fixed.
Also, the missing arrows at 42.06, 42.24, 52.23, and 52.78 were noted by multiple judges. All the other areas should still be checked, too.

For UltraPlayers (rCaliberGX)
66.21-66.51s: These should be 16ths.
112.33-112.48s: Should be 24ths.
113.08-113.37s: And these should be 12ths.

Highway Highway DESTINY (bmah)
Automatic CQ because it was accepted with only one acceptable rating (8.49/6.51/6.05/6)
One or more of the judges who originally looked at your file will review your fixes to see if they feel sufficient.

Hello (DarkZtar)
109.37s: The percussion does a short 32nd thing here.
109.59s: The disc scratch is two 32nds, on the 16th and 32nd. With that 8th after it to the percussion, three notes might feel like too much on 1.0x, so it would be okay to fudge it a bit, like by just putting a 12th there. (The 24th you had is incorrect, though.)

Palace of Destruction (DarkZtar)
32.87-33.55s: Incorrect and missing rhythms. These three beats should all be xxx.x. in 24ths.
57.79s: Missing percussion around here, noted by three judges.
165.34-165.85s: More missing percussion.
210.28s: Missing drum 16th.
Those spots of missing percussion were all noted by three judges, and there were some others noted by two.

Piasolla, Trobbel, and Sanctuary of pantheon all have things I need to discuss with more judges, so I'm putting them in the conditional queue.

How the Conditional Queue Will Work

The fixes above are the minimum required for your file to be accepted into the queue. These are basically objective rhythmic errors and improvements noted by at least three judges, and are most likely not the only fixes you should make. There is also the case of a file being accepted with only one acceptable rating in the curve. These cases are special, because there might not be a clear bare minimum. Your file will be reviewed by one or more of the judges who originally looked at your file.

Just like fixes for queued files, these fixes should be sent to ffrsubmissions@gmail.com. If you have a reason to not make one of the above fixes, please include an explanation in your e-mail. You will be notified through an e-mail reply if your fixes have been accepted.

You have one month to send in fixes. If you do not send in fixes or refuse to make changes without good reasoning, your file will be removed from the queue at this time. The file will get resubmission privilege for the batch that is open, and it will revert to a regular submission for the following batch. Be warned that if you don't make fixes, more than likely, you will be asked to make the same fixes again.

Of course, just because your file made it in without going through the conditional queue doesn't mean you shouldn't make any fixes.

Resubmissions

stalemate (Buta-san)
Call me it. (500 Tortures) (gameboy42690)
Maelstrom (Xiz)

You will have one week, until midnight on October 17th, to send in your resubmission so it can be judged in the July/August batch.

I'll be updating the OP with this information.

Something new I'll be doing: When you send in fixes for a queued file, it will be highlighted green in the queue. Yeah, it'll be like a positive peer pressure kind of thing. (Also, any file that is currently self-postponed will be colored orange.)

If you have any questions or concerns, you may discuss them in this thread or PM me if you like.

Xiz 10-10-2014 01:08 PM

Look great thx Silvuh. Will send fixes for cowbell & maelstrom in the next few days.

ilikexd 10-10-2014 02:07 PM

Great job, Silvuh! New CQ implementation looks nice.

hi19hi19 10-10-2014 02:08 PM

oh baby

/a/ got queued

pucker ur buttholes

Also thanks for posting this. My missing files aren't a big deal as long as they get folded into the next batch. If you need, I'd be glad to send them again. Just let me know.
Format looks great too. I'm glad someone is taking control of this. It's a lot of work and you have my respect for picking it up.

rCaliberGX 10-10-2014 02:59 PM

mfw for ultraplayers sorta accepted

prepare for WHOOOSH