Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

buizel8888 02-18-2011 09:59 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3419890)
finding a file you like =/= finding a good file, because even good files can go past you since you're having a bias towards things that appeal to you

its not really I bias. I hate all files pretty much. The only thing that makes me moderately like them is if they are technically correct. It makes you feel like you're actually playing the song, not smashing your hands against the keyboard in a completely random fashion.
Also I am training internet people to play the piano like a real socially awkward person.

To quote the great carlos,
[font size=authoritative]THERE WILL BE NO VARIATION IN FILES AS LONG AS IM HERE.[/size]

buizel8888 02-18-2011 10:07 PM

It is. It means I will never have my judgments swayed towards a particular song/file/artist. All files are equal until judged. It's actually the optimal viewpoint to have, imo

buizel8888 02-18-2011 10:14 PM

In any case, I fail to see how having no bias towards a file is a bad thing. If I had bias, I would reject files from everyone I don't like, and accept them from people I do like. Should I be doing that for the next batch?
Didn't think so.

PS that sharpnel file I did have many legit reasons for.

qqwref 02-18-2011 10:22 PM

When these batch notes are over I'm going to grade all the judges ;) It will be completely objective (based on batch notes/grades only) and I'm keeping my criteria secret so nobody fixes up their notes just for this. Should be fun :D

bmah 02-18-2011 10:23 PM

Stop spamming this thread buizel. When people flip through this thread, they're looking for honest posts, not ones with hidden sarcasm laced within. Even if you think the sarcasm is obvious, the posts are hardly useful.

TC_Halogen 02-18-2011 10:27 PM

By the way bmah: I might talk to samurai about being my replacement after this batch if I can't get my computer started, since I'm having nasty issues (think I might be suffering from a failing HD, but at least I have a backup to post updates on).

woker-X 02-18-2011 10:33 PM

Don't continue, nobody wants this thread closed

Any fights about furries must be via pm and then ss'd and put in sig

psychoangel691 02-18-2011 10:38 PM

Seriously enough is enough (that goes for both of you) Cleaned up a lot of the junk posts lets move on from the madness now please.

buizel8888 02-18-2011 10:39 PM

Cool it wasn't just my posts deleted.

In any case, NO ONE FEAR MY GIGA STRICTNESS. I am sure every file that I gave a +? or above will be accepted no problem based on who the other judges are, basing off of their previous judgments in terms of strictness. I assure you I will not be judging as strict the next time. I will be going nowhere near back to how lenient I was, but a few PR issues won't get your file a +? or lower next time.

buizel8888 02-18-2011 10:51 PM

It has come to my attention that people cannot stop being childish about my judgments. Therefore I rescind my judgments and accept every file (and by accept I mean ++ accept). I also drop my judging spot, the file I have in the queue, and any and all things I was working on for ffr.

Seriously people grow the **** up. It's an internet rhythm game.

This decision is final.

MarioNintendo 02-18-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buizel8888 (Post 3419934)
It has come to my attention that people cannot stop being childish about my judgments. Therefore I rescind my judgments and accept every file (and by accept I mean ++ accept). I also drop my judging spot, the file I have in the queue, and any and all things I was working on for ffr.

Seriously people grow the **** up. It's an internet rhythm game.

This decision is final.

PS
To quote the great bmah:

"Stop spamming this thread buizel. When people flip through this thread, they're looking for honest posts, not ones with hidden sarcasm laced within. Even if you think the sarcasm is obvious, the posts are hardly useful."

buizel8888 02-18-2011 10:58 PM

That wasn't sarcasm. That was an honest post with my honest judgments in it. The post is not spamming it is with relative interests to everyone in this thread.

TC_Halogen 02-19-2011 12:39 AM

Managed to snag the batch notes off the computer, but anything involving my Explorer process is locking up instantly; starting to make me wonder if this is really a hard-drive issue after all...

bmah 02-19-2011 01:41 AM

Alright, I hate to say this but buizel's notes on this batch have been invalidated - the quality was not acceptable. We need a new judge for this batch, and possibly future ones as well. In addition, buizel decided upon his own to retire from judging anyhow.

If anyone's interested, please let me know asap, because judging is currently underway.

(I have my vote for samurai)

HammyMcSquirrel 02-19-2011 01:48 AM

It'd be convenient to have a screenshot of the current files being judged put in the OP and updated every judging session. That way there's always one place to refer to instead of finding a different post each time.

Would you guys want this?

TC_Halogen 02-19-2011 01:52 AM

Actually, that's not a bad idea at all. I definitely support that for the sake of organization.

Also: +1 for Samurai.

bob bob 02-19-2011 02:38 AM

samurai would be a good judge imo

jimerax 02-19-2011 02:38 AM

ok we approve samurai as an alternative judge of buizel's section.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HammyMcSquirrel (Post 3420008)
It'd be convenient to have a screenshot of the current files being judged put in the OP and updated every judging session. That way there's always one place to refer to instead of finding a different post each time.

Yeah this will be useful (windows explorer sometimes has different sorting on other computers, and it's confusing). added the pic/judgement list/deadline in the OP.

who_cares973 02-19-2011 07:20 AM

As long as samurai gets over his"no hands in files under fmo"