Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   [Release] Night to Night (Super Eurobeat) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150712)

eVILPeeR 02-12-2019 10:23 PM

[Release] Night to Night (Super Eurobeat)

Hi everyone!

I haven't released a simfile in almost a decade. I recently found my old external hard drive which has ALL of my old steps on it, and I found a few gems in there that I had not yet released. I went and revised the steps, and would like to present to you the first simfile I have worked on in what seems like forever.

In case you don't know who I am, I have been around FFR since the early days (hence my August 2003 join date) - back when Nima was king of Stepmania. I used to make simfiles back then, but they were not very good. I like to think I've made a lot of progress since then. I hope you'll enjoy this release.

Song Title: Night to Night
Artist: Susan Key
Album: Super Eurobeat vol. 114
Difficulty: 11 ?? No idea tbh
Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zAe...ew?usp=sharing

Feel free to let me know what you think. They incorporate all my latest thinking as far as how simfiles should be made - which is essentially the steps should fit the music as closely as possible. I used to strive for technical perfection but that doesn't make sense with only 4 keys. Instead, I aimed to make the steps feel like the song. It is a bit challenging as it uses trills but I think you'll find them not too challenging if you are decent at SM.

eVILPeeR 02-12-2019 10:26 PM

Re: [Release] Night to Night (Super Eurobeat)

Oh crap, I just realized I didn't post this in the Simulator Files forum. Could someone move it for me?

ositzxz369 02-12-2019 11:29 PM

Had to mess w/ the offset slightly to get it on sync. (I'm on -1.197 in ArrowVortex)
1. How do you determine what note becomes a hold?
2. Long holds can limit the space of the other noises that u can step (e.g. can add some 8ths/16ths at around 10.009).
3. 30.822,46.197,54.447, Why hands here? Do hands = louder sound OR cymbal hit?
4. Are vocals worth one note, or two notes? Are vocals + beat worth two also?
5. Weird left-hand bias at 37.197-43.947.
6. 1:30.447 & 1:30.822 didn't have to be hands.

eVILPeeR 02-13-2019 12:03 AM

1. Holds are based on a couple things, mainly it's if there is a note in the song that is sustained I will put a hold in for it. But it really depends on context. Sometimes I avoid using holds in a section because it feels better without, and sometimes it seems better with.
2. Yes I know. The holds were on purpose because SEB typically does not have a lot of 16ths going on, so the holds dress up the song a bit and add a little flare.
3. Generally it's for impact, I would have to look at the specific parts you mentioned but generally triples are for loud sounds and/or vocal + beat + drum.
4. In this case they are both, I chose one section to only use one to switch things up a bit. It gets boring doing the same patterns throughout the song.
5. Yes possibly, I base the notes and patterns I use on the actual song itself. It also increases the difficulty a bit. Dunno what current thinking is as far as simfiles go but this was par for the course back in the day.
6. You might be right :-) There were more hands in there and I removed most of them, could have missed a couple.

Gimme a break, it's been almost 10 years ;-)

Godnick 02-13-2019 03:12 AM

Thoroughly loved this stepfile. Sounds and looks like a classic DDR masterpiece. Thank you for sharing!

eVILPeeR 02-13-2019 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godnick (Post 4666861)
Thoroughly loved this stepfile. Sounds and looks like a classic DDR masterpiece. Thank you for sharing!

Thank you! I'm glad to hear you liked it. The next one I am releasing will be just as good.

Kraezymann 02-13-2019 10:33 AM

That's not Lonely v2 :eyeroll:

Welcome back ;)

eVILPeeR 02-13-2019 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraezymann (Post 4666876)
That's not Lonely v2 :eyeroll:

Welcome back ;)

I still have that stepchart! lol. I should do a v2, the song is good.

Shadow_God_10 02-13-2019 01:39 PM

Holy shit Evilpeer. Haven't seen this name since VGMP1. Good to see you're back!

Mollocephalus 03-8-2019 01:27 AM

I remember you