Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Critical Thinking (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Chicken or the Egg Discussion (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=22638)

AasumDude 03-7-2005 06:26 PM

Chicken or the Egg Discussion

I believe that the answer to this can be found by either one of two ways, depending on your beleif system. If you believe the creational theory, that God made the world with every living thing in it, then according to Genesus (first book of the bible to those of you who are of other religious backgrounds) the chicken came first in its entire form.

If you believe in the evolutionary theory, then technically the chicken was transformed very slowly over several million years until the "modern day chicken" has been grown from an egg, produced by a chicken-like being that happened to lay it.

Discuss.

jewpinthethird 03-7-2005 06:31 PM

RE: Chicken or the Egg Discussion

We have discussed this previously and got nowhere...or we did. I cant remember, but either everyone agreed on the egg, or we didnt. Not sure.

But once again, there isnt really much to discuss. Egg, Chicken, they both taste good.

Unlocked.

DonCasablanca 03-8-2005 09:10 AM

Aasum and jewpin, I think we all know the real question here. You don't have to hide it.

Why discuss these superficial, insubstantial thoughts when we can get at the real meat of the dilemma? At the very marrow of the human experience? At the juicy center of all that transcends this earthly realm and makes life (at least life from 7am-midnight, excluding holidays) meaningful?

Personally, I think Popeye's is better than KFC. Not only are the prices more reasonable, the service more smiley, and the establishments better-kempt, but there is so much more for one's palette to explore! You have your family meal-deals -- the two-piece, the three-piece, the breast, the white meat, the dark meat -- but above that is the wondrous realm of the chicken-finger meal! And here, Popeye's outdoes KFC hands down. No, wait -- hands up! Like on a thrilling roller coaster ride, but with fried chicken. Explore Popeye's endless mixing possibilities with their splendid array of sauces. Create the perfect boneless chicken eating experience -- try honey mustecue sauce, or barbecetchup, or perhaps even grape jellustard.

And then, sink your teeth into that far crispier, warmer, and golden-browner biscuit, slathered in deliciously congealed cornseed oil (you found it in those packets labelled "butter"). Wait, did you forget your spicey fries?! Eat those first, save the biscuit for last. Oh man, not that those spicey fries aren't exquisite -- so, spicey, and, fried. Wash that slimy residue off the roof of your mouth with that tall cup of Coke -- that's right, you could get a Coke, because you went to Popeye's instead of KFC. Sit back, content, satisfied, knowing that even if you lick your fingers for the next hour they'll still feel greasy. Damn, that was good. You'll probably need a cigarette.

I'm kind of hungry. I think I'll go eat.

Izzi 03-8-2005 09:13 AM

ok i have an idea... i think the egg came first.. Reason? because over time a weird bird would mutate and change acording to its evirment and become the new thing after it hatces and eventually after enough mutations the form right before the chicken would lay an egg and make a chicken which is slightly altered from its previrous form. THERE NOW SHUT UP

Tps222 03-8-2005 09:18 AM

Another pointless religion discussion. Like you said, the on-going battle of evolution vs creation. This thread won't go anywhere, and will end up with either a flame war, or nothing. Nothing can ever come out of this arguement, other then agreeing with Don. Popeyes> KFC

Izzi 03-8-2005 09:28 AM

THE EGG CAME FIRST

super-smashman 03-8-2005 09:30 AM

I came first, 'nuff said...

Glanzer_Syne 03-8-2005 11:02 AM

oh god... lock please... this discussion will get NOWHERE... its all based on beleifs... drop it... may as well start or resume a creation/evolution thread... bleh

DonCasablanca 03-8-2005 12:07 PM

For God's sake, stop spamming the thread!

THEY DON'T EVEN SERVE EGGS AT POPEYE'S OR KFC.

If you were going to debate whether to eat the chicken before starting on the fries, or perhaps cleansing your palette with a beverage before taking your first bite of chicken, that would be a topic for another thread. And probably another forum! This is critical thinking. We step back and ponder the entire array of chicken-eating experiences -- Popeye's?, KFC?, Chili's? -- not these trivial "which to eat first" dilemmas. I think we can agree: that basket o' chicken is going to be delicious, regardless of what you may or may not eat immediately before it.

Now please: Popeye's, or KFC?

Izzi 03-8-2005 12:08 PM

KFC

Squeek 03-8-2005 12:22 PM

I have to agree with Izzy here.

The mutation wouldn't occur while the species was alive and living, but it would occur during its formation in its pre-egg stage. Therefore, the egg containing the first chicken came first and then came the chicken.

Now the real question at-hand. If a rooster lays an egg on the center of a rooftop, which way will it fall?

~Squeek

eyespewgreekfire 03-8-2005 12:44 PM

It will fall whatever way the wind blows first. If there are no external forces like wind, it will sit on top of the roof.

DonCasablanca 03-8-2005 12:58 PM

Actually, whatever novel combination of DNA first constituted "chicken" speciation was probably created during meiosis of the first chicken's parents' gametes; not really mutation. But yes, that first chicken's egg would appear before the zygote would become a recognizable chicken.

Then that chicken would hatch. It would roam free and happy for many months, in the company of its chicken brethren.

Until one day, a day that will live in infamy, it would come across a creature -- a creature that walked on two legs, and had no fur. And he was probably black, so the chicken new it was in trouble. Immediately, it was speared, and slow roasted over a fire (unfortunately, fry batter hadn't evolved yet).

That day the world discovered just how delicious chicken is.

And that cro-magnon man?

His name was Popeye. And his chicken was, and still is, amazing. Definitely better than KFC.

AasumDude 03-8-2005 01:08 PM

Wow...im sorry that I would honestly expect an intelligent conversation with you people. well, i tried. *sigh*.

And roosters don't lay eggs.

Rye_Bread 03-8-2005 01:44 PM

This is a scientific question. None of us know shit about it. Even if you did take your highschool biology class, it doesn't give you anywhere near the right of a professional opinion. That's a fancy way of saying I don care (and no one should) about your opinion because it's based on nothing.

Cheers,
Ryan

Squeek 03-8-2005 02:01 PM

Uhh.

I was right.

Did you not read my reply? It was the right answer. Don only managed to elaborate on my rightness.

Nobody listens anymore. I swear.

~Squeek

AasumDude 03-8-2005 02:10 PM

you're the only one in this topic that made any sort of try at all. Thanks for trying but a conversation like this turned into a fast food discussion. Sick.

alainbryden 03-8-2005 03:55 PM

I posted this in another thread when this one was first locked.

Assume the evolutionary theory stands, which most beleieve it does: Since all gene transformation that would have resulted in a chicken takes place in the gametes, the egg came first, since it is the zygote produced by two haploid cells, it is the only possible organism that could contain the modern day chicken's genes - freshly mutated.

Therefore, the egg came first, all it takes is applied scientific theory.

Squeek was right.

Thread over.

DonCasablanca 03-9-2005 07:15 AM

Quote:

This is a scientific question. None of us know (#$% about it. Even if you did take your highschool biology class, it doesn't give you anywhere near the right of a professional opinion. That's a fancy way of saying I don care (and no one should) about your opinion because it's based on nothing.

Cheers,
Ryan
Wow, cheers indeed Ryan.

About none of us knowing "(#$%" about it ... that "highschool" biology class to which you refer? It probably had something like 7th-grade life science as a prerequisite, which should have explained everything you need to know to formulate a "professional opinion" on this "scientific question." Mutation, meiosis.

But anyway, it's ineffably awesome that the Google adds above this thread (at least the first page) are for KFC. As that is, I'll remind you, the real topic at hand.

Although they should be for Popeye's.

talisman 03-9-2005 04:17 PM

but the egg that the first chicken evolved inside of wasn't a chicken egg, therefore the chicken came first. although there would need to be a rooster around somewhere too.