Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Films and Television (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Let's take a Metal Poll... (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=96289)

Cursebred 07-18-2008 01:02 PM

Let's take a Metal Poll...

Hey guys,

We would like to know what kind of music (preferably metal) you guys listen to.
The options are:

Black Metal
Death Metal
Thrash Metal
Speed Metal
Heavy Metal
Power Metal
Stoner Metal
Nu Metal
Metalcore
Avant-Garde Metal

Coolboyrulez0 07-18-2008 01:04 PM

Re: Let's take a Metal Poll...

Heavy Metal and Speed Metal.

Im Vince 07-18-2008 01:15 PM

DragonForce is the only metal I listen to, so I guess it is Power Metal.

EnR 07-18-2008 01:21 PM

the good kind

Verruckter 07-18-2008 01:50 PM

You forgot prog and folk/viking.

TBH I listen to just about every kind, as long as it's good and original.

Cursebred 07-18-2008 02:54 PM

Well, Viking metal kind of falls in the Extreme Metal category. Which includes Black Metal and Death Metal.
Though our frontman (Caveman) likes black metal and death metal, we chose death metal because that is where our brutality will go, on our future songs. But he likes stuff like Gorgoroth, MayheM, Dimmu Borgir, Darkthrone, and Dark Funeral.

Corbin Wells 07-18-2008 05:34 PM

Power, Thrash, Heavy, Speed, Black metal

EDIT: Also, way too many genres of metal :p (Not in this list but overall. i feel like some just dont really need to exist and you can simply place them somewhere else)

JKPolk 07-18-2008 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Im Vince (Post 2362296)

That's not metal.

Also you forgot Folk and Viking.

Skelerex 07-18-2008 06:34 PM

Metalcore is great stuff, but I cannot sign myself off to listening to one genre of metal any more than another. Black metal is great stuff as well, as is power metal and folk metal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Im Vince (Post 2362296)

DragonForce is progressive metal.

foilman8805 07-18-2008 06:45 PM

Man, you want me to pick one genre? That's like asking me to pick which testicle I want to lose to cancer.

I want them all, just as I want both of my testicles.

BerZerkR 07-18-2008 06:53 PM

Death metal and black metal.

Verruckter 07-18-2008 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cursebred (Post 2362937)
Well, Viking metal kind of falls in the Extreme Metal category. Which includes Black Metal and Death Metal.
Though our frontman (Caveman) likes black metal and death metal, we chose death metal because that is where our brutality will go, on our future songs. But he likes stuff like Gorgoroth, MayheM, Dimmu Borgir, Darkthrone, and Dark Funeral.

Not really, because neither of the above genres cover the folk elements that Viking uses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skelerex (Post 2364303)
DragonForce is progressive metal.

LOL You HAVE to be kidding me.

EDIT: Also what, you're basing your music on what people think? What kind of band are you?

infinity. 07-18-2008 09:58 PM

if you say dragonforce as one of your musical tastes, you don't belong in this thread.

who_cares973 07-18-2008 10:05 PM

dragonforce is good but it pales in comparison to other bands

and i listen to all of the above

mightymic 07-18-2008 10:16 PM

I listen to almost every kind of metal but mostly power, death and progressive.

Dream Theater, Symphony X, Sonata Arctica, Rhapsody, Luca Turilli, Children of Bodom, In flames, Blind Guardian, stuff like that.

Verruckter 07-18-2008 10:21 PM

Yeah, top bands: Blind Guardian (power), Axamenta (Prog/death/black), Tyr (Viking/prog), Iron Maiden (Heavy), Opeth (Death/prog), Unexpect (Avant-Garde), Rhapsody (Power), Ensiferum (Viking), Symphony X (Power/prog)

So yeah, as you can see pretty varied.

Skelerex 07-18-2008 11:05 PM

I'm sorry, I meant progressive rock. They're definitely not progressive metal. I had just gotten through saying black metal, power metal, folk metal, etc., so it was an easy mistake to make.

Most people will classify DragonForce as power metal (or some will actually say progressive metal), but they're an honest-to-god rock group. I don't even know why they were mentioned in this thread.

Verruckter 07-18-2008 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skelerex (Post 2365620)
I'm sorry, I meant progressive rock. They're definitely not progressive metal. I had just gotten through saying black metal, power metal, folk metal, etc., so it was an easy mistake to make.

Most people will classify DragonForce as power metal (or some will actually say progressive metal), but they're an honest-to-god rock group. I don't even know why they were mentioned in this thread.

What the hell are you on about? They're not progressive, they're not rock. They're just generic, boring, bland power metal.

basicdrummerman 07-18-2008 11:19 PM

dude darkest hour is where its at!

Skelerex 07-19-2008 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verruckter (Post 2365663)
What the hell are you on about? They're not progressive, they're not rock. They're just generic, boring, bland power metal.

For power metal, it sure lacks power. I never considered them much of a power metal band, but if you want to go by the literal genre, then I guess that is what they are classified as. If you want some real power metal, go listen to Iced Earth.