Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Stepmania (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   How do i get good at this game? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150755)

Shireen_dg 03-2-2019 11:09 PM

How do i get good at this game?

I'm pretty new to this game. I have been playing for 3 weeks and during my first days I improved pretty fast but in the last 2 weeks I haven't gotten better at all.

I've been told that if I "just play" I will get better, but I'm playing all the time and I still don't improve.

I reached level 11 in 4 or 5 days and I'm still level 11 after 3 weeks.

Are there any important things I should be doing in order to get better?

flashflash account 03-2-2019 11:22 PM

Re: How do i get good at this game?

why do you want to get better

Shireen_dg 03-3-2019 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4668108)
why do you want to get better

I don't really have a comprehensive explanation, I just want to be good.

Being good at video games makes me feel satisfied.

floatiestring 03-3-2019 01:10 AM

have you tried varying the difficulty of the songs you play from day to day

Dinglesberry 03-3-2019 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shireen_dg (Post 4668110)
I don't really have a comprehensive explanation, I just want to be good.

Being good at video games makes me feel satisfied.

hmm i wonder why

I like it 03-3-2019 01:51 AM

Just keep playing lol download stepmania and a bunch of packs and play on there a bunch it helps with accuracy and stuff and play songs that are too hard for you and you'll get better it just takes time ya know I believe in you Shireen dg you can do it just believe in yourself

Shireen_dg 03-3-2019 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I like it (Post 4668113)
Just keep playing lol download stepmania and a bunch of packs and play on there a bunch it helps with accuracy and stuff and play songs that are too hard for you and you'll get better it just takes time ya know I believe in you Shireen dg you can do it just believe in yourself

Thanks for the support!
Yeah, that's what I'm currently doing. I'm playing songs that are above my current level so that I can push myself. Maybe I will see results eventually.

Antori 03-3-2019 04:21 AM

play more

mrpreggers 03-3-2019 06:07 AM

The only reason I got better as fast as I did when I was new was because I was always in multiplayer or had a rival to compare scores with. Play things that push you at least 30 minutes a day and 3+ days a week and I don't see why you wouldn't improve.

V-Ormix 03-3-2019 09:53 AM

There are two important things this game requires you need to become 'good' never mind amazing.

You have to be able to read and you need physical technique to have you're fingers better articulate more complex patterns and at higher speeds of reaction.

Reading from my experience can best be thought of as following the arrows as they scroll up the screen from bottom to top vice versa and sill maintaining a visual of the overall space that the arrows cross. (of course this means focus/attention span)

Physically you are new to the game and do need to develop muscle memory still to compensate for lack of reading and connections from you're mind to you're tendons, but as you get very ingrained with the streaming of signals from you're mind to you're fingers with only 4 keys to press you then need to leverage ways to utilize other muscle groups in order to insure you're actual fingers only have to work a fraction as hard as they would and compound motion to translate back into you're key strokes.

In short think of it like every arrow is a different muscle movement even though technically you still are hitting that arrow with you're finger/finger tips.

another thing I can throw in there that took me forever to figure out was that though it may be instinctive to some people how to wrist jack if they are some rhythm game prodigy, I learned you actually have to focus on lifting you're wrists as much as you push them down.

Hope this can give you a few ideas of approach and consider using rates to practice patterns in the game.

FirstMaple8 03-5-2019 02:38 AM

play stuff that is comfortable for you but it is still challenging. (mix in stuff that is easy aswell)

Having a good keyboard can help.

find the perfect keys, speed, setup, appearance that suits you.

practice stuff that you're bad at.

PLAY A VARIETY OF DIFFERENT SONGS!!!! doing this will improve your pattern recognition and reading (aswell as on the side accuracy and basically everything else lol)

go for accuracy 93% or above (or FC's, AAAs, and SDGs)

get good posture and get your hands in a comfortable/natural position.

FirstMaple8 03-5-2019 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shireen_dg (Post 4668114)
Thanks for the support!
Yeah, that's what I'm currently doing. I'm playing songs that are above my current level so that I can push myself. Maybe I will see results eventually.

I think what he means as "playing stuff above your level" is stuff you get like 84%+ on. Getting anything under 80% won't get you any better

kawaiifu 03-5-2019 02:44 AM

dare to dream

Lycostria 03-5-2019 05:32 AM

Definitely play songs that are above what you’re used to and keep challenging yourself. At the same time though, I don’t really recommend playing songs that are too difficult at the moment where you would mash random buttons since that won’t improve your skill level. As you improve and you get used to it, your hands will be more attuned and they’ll kind of automatically hit the arrows. If you have problems with reading, you can try to look at each arrow or pattern individually, but don’t overthink them. Also definitely don’t strain yourself and your hands. Remember to take breaks in between sessions and when your hands feel tired. It’ll take some time, but you’ll definitely see progress as you go on! Keep playing to improve, but most importantly, remember to have fun haha.

EppuJoloZ 03-8-2019 02:41 AM

Playing multiplayer kickstarted my improving process big time, because I found out about the more challenging songs from experienced players. :D I really hope you have a fun process improving yourself at the game, and remember not to give up ;) Also I would recommend downloading the FFR Air application (if you haven't already) it's way better and accurate than the browser version. and btw the text below is also a good tip lol

Mahou 03-8-2019 11:20 AM

Like anything you approach in life, perfection requires practice.

kawaiifu 03-8-2019 11:50 AM

newton was right about gravity, its much easier to go down than it is to go up. the path of least resistence, like all things in life everything gets easier when you sell your soul to it

Gravity Kitten 03-8-2019 12:12 PM

thanks newton

icontrolyourworld 03-8-2019 01:42 PM

Play my files B)

SK8R43 03-8-2019 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icontrolyourworld (Post 4668523)
Play my files B)

Who even are you?? :kappa: