Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Other Music Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Pulsen (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121425)

00Razor00 04-30-2012 05:20 PM

Re: Pulsen

lol

ddr_f4n 04-30-2012 05:24 PM

You say that your charts are better like as if it's an objective statement, when in fact, it's entirely subjective.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saturn2888 (Post 3685126)
Why do you feel that it’s the biggest mistake to leave out an editor?

He just...does this even NEED explaining?

Saturn2888 04-30-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddr_f4n (Post 3685181)
You say that your charts are better like as if it's an objective statement, when in fact, it's entirely subjective.

I agree with you that it’s subjective and thought I stated that pretty clearly. How did you get this impression from what I said?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oni-Paranoia (Post 3685143)
No custom content.

Pulsen is dealing with a community that isn't limited when using programs like SM, so by limiting the players to only playing what you feel to provide, then players will just stick to SM where anything and everything is available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddr_f4n (Post 3685181)
He just...does this even NEED explaining?

I wouldn’t be asking would I?

Are you saying that the provided experience isn’t good enough for you?
Or are you saying that even if it was good enough you’d still wanna make your own stuff?

bmah 04-30-2012 06:25 PM

Custom content such as an editor increases the replayability of the game. People like to be creative. If they're limited to just the songs they've been provided, then a more finite line is drawn in terms of replayability.

Kibblre 04-30-2012 06:29 PM

Ok, really. Nobody from FFR will buy Pulsen, plain and simple.

i love you 04-30-2012 06:36 PM

I have to agree with Oni. Why should we bother to play a game like Pulsen (which limits players based on what the developers wants) when you could just download stepmania and basically do whatever you want for free without having to pay a dime for new packs or whatever else?

Just face it, this game is just not going anywhere when you have games like stepmania which is free of charge and has a community where anyone could freely create their own packs and do whatever they want. Pulsen is basically another SM but has a theme, a few new features (which could be easily added to the original SM code), and it costs money. I am sorry but this game is not very convincing and I doubt that anyone here would be dumb enough to buy anything from you guys unless if they wanted to support you guys.

00Razor00 04-30-2012 07:44 PM

maybe they should sell Pulsen on eBay

who_cares973 04-30-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love you (Post 3685222)
I have to agree with Oni. Why should we bother to play a game like Pulsen (which limits players based on what the developers wants) when you could just download stepmania and basically do whatever you want for free without having to pay a dime for new packs or whatever else?

Just face it, this game is just not going anywhere when you have games like stepmania which is free of charge and has a community where anyone could freely create their own packs and do whatever they want. Pulsen is basically another SM but has a theme, a few new features (which could be easily added to the original SM code), and it costs money. I am sorry but this game is not very convincing and I doubt that anyone here would be dumb enough to buy anything from you guys unless if they wanted to support you guys.

convenience my friend

people would pay for pulsen because everything is already done. no new person to stepmania would even know how to create their own theme. create their own noteskin, code their own new features, and make their own stepfiles. its the same reason people prefer windows or mac over linux. sure you could make with th right know how make linux however you wanted and customize it to fit your exact needs but most people dont know so they stick with windows or mac which has everything done already for them. sure it wont be exactly what you want but for the most part it has everything you need

ddr_f4n 04-30-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00razor00 (Post 3685254)
maybe they should sell pulsen on ebay

pulsen

on

a

cd

ranjiaolanjiao 04-30-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saturn2888 (Post 3685126)
To better gauge what you don't like, what have you seen so far?

Well, I'm a veteran Stepmania player. I've played SM for years as did many people here. I think we all have a good idea of what a good SM chart is like.

My references: #kbo

Plus, you guys don't even have solo or 7k, totally your loss man.

To top it off, the files here at FFR (lol) are even better than what I've seen. Don't tell me "professionally" made charts when I've seen people here who've done more than 100 charts and are considered GODS of stepping... i.e Kommisar, who_cares etc.

Can any of your stepartists step a 2 minute file in 20 minutes... with exceptional knowledge of where to place arrows at the right place? I don't think so.

Therefore, I rest my case, I don't consider any of your charts professional. Even though I sound biased as ****, it's only the truth.

i love you 04-30-2012 08:59 PM

@wc: If Pulsen was free then I would agree with your statement to some degree. The way I see it, the developers just wants money and are trying to convince the people in this community that Pulsen is a totally different game compared to Stepmania and that it is considered "better".

Convenience? Sure. Worth the money? I doubt it.

who_cares973 04-30-2012 09:06 PM

what developers wouldnt want money for something they created lol.

i love you 04-30-2012 09:17 PM

The thing is they did not created most of the game. They basically took the SM5 code and added a few things here and there and named it Pulsen and guess what? It cost money!

But hey, if there are people who are willing to pay for a game like Pulsen then let them go right ahead.

who_cares973 04-30-2012 09:19 PM

you make it sound like they didnt really do much to it when they did though.

Choofers 04-30-2012 09:21 PM

Sure they put a lot of effort into this but it's still stepmania.

i love you 04-30-2012 09:22 PM

They did a lot but what they did is not worth paying for when you have games like stepmania which is free.

PS: I am done arguing. My statement will always be the same.

gnr61 05-1-2012 02:15 AM

yea this is the wrong community to probe about this kind of thing lol. we all enjoy and are so familiar with Stepmania -- it's free, has unlimited simfiles by skilled authors who understand the intricacies of keyboard play, has 6key compatibility (huge), and supports custom simfile creation (super huge -- for two years the only time i spent playing the game was in the editor, and many others are the same).

we play the game and produce content/music/themes for it because we have a passion for it. the fact that pulsen's chart-authors and graphic artists are paid doesn't put them on any higher ground.

this would be a good game for novices who want a fully packaged rhythm game experience at a flat rate with little thought to customization. you're approaching a community of veterans with what's invariably going to be perceived as a bastardized and monetarily exploitative adaptation of a game they love -- how can you expect anything but flack?

Jousway 05-1-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love you (Post 3685311)
The thing is they did not created most of the game. They basically took the SM5 code and added a few things here and there and named it Pulsen and guess what? It cost money!

But hey, if there are people who are willing to pay for a game like Pulsen then let them go right ahead.

best part is, saturn almost did nothing for pulsen, he just took some jobs, made some money, and payed people that worked on sm5 to do the stuff for him, the only thing he basicly did was do some edits in the theme that midiman made which he still hasnt fully payed for, yeah saturn you still own midiman like 200 dollars, pay up ****er.

ddr_f4n 05-1-2012 11:02 AM

Yeah I heard there was a lot of shit between the programmers and stuff of the game. (see the thread at stepmania.com)

Especially the very vocal vyhd about it. Made me lose more respect on this whole thing in general in all honesty.

NekoGon 05-1-2012 11:43 AM

oh boy