Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

who_cares973 03-17-2011 09:45 AM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2

I liked aim burst as is x:

You were going to replace megamons file that was queued. You failed to do so before the song was release so now you won't have a chance. If the song warrants a v2 and if your file is different enogub you could resubmit yours as a v2

MarioNintendo 03-17-2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3436156)
I liked aim burst as is x:

You were going to replace megamons file that was queued. You failed to do so before the song was release so now you won't have a chance. If the song warrants a v2 and if your file is different enogub you could resubmit yours as a v2

He's a quote from JX's review about the file:

"I personally prefer [your] ver by a bit more, but both versions can co-exist imo if it gets accepted."

Now, now, that sounded like they were different enough to warrant a v2, no? What else can this mean?

jimerax 03-17-2011 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Zero~ (Post 3436129)
Where do I send the file, same email?

yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 (Post 3436150)
Aim Burst needs a song cut? But I was trying to go for the whole marathon-y sort of deal. ;_;

Considering we already have a few sharpnel marathon songs, it wasn't a very successful attempt and repetitive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 3436154)
Didn't you say you didn't mind if they were both in game?

Your version wasn't accepted this time. If it was accepted, both could be in the game (needs discussion with judges though).

who_cares973 03-17-2011 09:52 AM

I never played megamons so I wouldn't know from camparing the two I'm just giving you straight iinformation regarding the matter. Not saying your file was worse or not different enough or anything

MarioNintendo 03-17-2011 09:58 AM

Ah, that freaking stinks! No second chance, I didn't know that.

I'll send it anyway as a resubmit. I might have even less chance of getting it in, but I liked it enough to push my luck. It's already completely fixed, I mean, it could've been in conditional, for that matter... ahh, *grumble*.

EDIT: instead of whining about my bad luck, I'll just ask this in the same post: does an artist that has 1 song in queue (or in game, if that changes anything) still considered as new?

iironiic 03-17-2011 09:59 AM

I have fixes for Passage D as well. I'll send it later today.

qqwref 03-17-2011 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 (Post 3436150)
Aim Burst needs a song cut? But I was trying to go for the whole marathon-y sort of deal. ;_;

Judges don't like long solid JS files, even though FFR definitely needs a few more of them. I guess it comes from playing SM for too long. I personally like Aim Burst as it is.

bmah 03-17-2011 11:45 AM

I personally would like to have seen the full song, but if you're doing a cut, don't do a fade-out. Cut whatever portions of the song is excessive. Fade-out (and nothing else) is the lazy way of cutting a song.

rushyrulz 03-17-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 (Post 3436121)
10/22, sweet :D

I also got 10/22.

kommisar 03-17-2011 12:27 PM

There is a way to make JS interesting, but 3 minutes of it is hardly the way to do so. Good JS patterns that flow take a lot of planning and structure, especially at higher bpms.

bmah 03-17-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 (Post 3436190)
Yeah, I wouldn't do a fade-out cut. I can't really figure out what to cut out though...everything ends up sounding choppy or it goes offsync. @_@

I've spent about 1.5hrs cutting the song for you. The hard part is that each section of the song transitions slightly differently, making otherwise simple editing more difficult. Regardless, I've preserved much of the song's variation. All in all, chopped off just over a minute of the song. Check your PM.

jimerax 03-18-2011 07:07 AM

For now you can only send fixes of queue'd files.

a few more comments on conditional files.

[Aim Burst]
I say songcut isn't mandatory if you can avoid repetitiveness more without it (I think it's by far the most effective way though).
Also, I think long JS/streams in that file don't match the song too well.

[Distorted God]
some hands/quads are put on not very intense parts, or make some awkward patterns.
also putting constant triplet 16ths on hihats isn't a very good way imo,

For other borderline/queue'd files, I think most files have room for improvement too.
Getting a file on the queue isn't really a goal, so keep up the good work on files.

Xayphon 03-18-2011 09:04 AM

Do we need to name the folder something like "[Fix]>Nameoffile<(simartist)" then?

And is the simfile going to be rejudged and replaced with the already queued file?

I'll get to some pattern fixtures and such right now

qqwref 03-18-2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 3436739)
For other borderline/queue'd files, I think most files have room for improvement too.

Every file that doesn't receive multiple [++]s has room for improvement. If you think a queued file should be fixed up before being ingame, you should put it in the conditional queue - that's what it's for. If you don't, there's a pretty good chance it won't get fixed. Keep in mind that conditional queue is basically "semi-rejected", i.e. if the file doesn't get fixed properly it will never get into the game. So a full reject is basically saying "even with fixes this wouldn't be suitable for the game".

Quote:

Getting a file on the queue isn't really a goal

What do you mean by this?

Also, I'm wondering what's the deal with judges being so harsh about these borderline files. How is a file getting like 15-16/20 and then having almost half of the judges say "there is no way this belongs in the game, even if you fixed all the problems"? Something's really wrong here.

jimerax 03-18-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xayphon (Post 3436759)
Do we need to name the folder something like "[Fix]>Nameoffile<(simartist)" then?

Yes, that's clear (also the e-mail title and file name).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xayphon (Post 3436759)
And is the simfile going to be rejudged and replaced with the already queued file?

The file will be quick-reviewed, but usually it will be just replaced.
If you make really big change on the file and it causes some issues, the fix can be refused.

qqwref: I meant simfilers should keep polishing the file until it is released, as far as possible.
The goal is getting positive opinions for your file(s) from many people, not just from judges.
If a queue'd file has objectively serious issues (dropped notes, syncing, huge difficulty spikes, severe PR errors etc), it will be moved to conditional, otherwise it won't usually.

Xayphon 03-18-2011 12:41 PM

Alright thank you

Sent a Fix of Fast Asleep

bmah 03-18-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

[Aim Burst]
I say songcut isn't mandatory if you can avoid repetitiveness more without it (I think it's by far the most effective way though).

Agreed completely on the patterns. I've already cut the song for him, and it still sounds great however, so I think it'll be easier for him to make things less repetitive.

ichliebekase 03-18-2011 02:46 PM

So thanks to bmah and TC_Halogen for the complete overhaul of -Glorious Morning- and when I say complete overhaul, I mean sitting for hours on AIM with bmah and AJ probably spending hours on a full BPM fix that was even beyond his imagination. Literally took the song and chart, turned it inside-out and got it fixed. Simfile surgery. We'll find out soon enough if it was successful.

So since no one is answering this question and now I'd like it answered, I'll quote it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 3436161)
does an artist that has 1 song in queue (or in game, if that changes anything) still considered as new?

Waterflame has nothing in game at the moment but [I think] they might have 1 in queue to go in. Would that still consider them new and be eligible for the new artist batch?

x_lambourghini_x 03-18-2011 03:23 PM

Just a question, I don't know if it relates to this thread, but, when will we be expecting this week's songs to come out? I mean it is almost Saturday, so they are coming soon, right?