Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Do you rage? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=128640)

LoneW0lf 01-22-2013 10:41 PM

Do you rage?

So I have a question I'm sure most gamers can relate too, do you rage when playing video games? Are there certain games that set you off? What are some of the most insane rages you can remember?

I still rage at Gears of War 3 whenever I'm on. the online is just so god damn frustrating at times, I *thankfully* do not lose it to the point where I throw my controller or punch my xbox or anything. I've raged a few times at codmw2 to the point where I punched my TV :///.

FFR rages were never too bad, all though I did slam my fists down on my keyboard tray and ending up breaking it. I had to tell my parents that I feel asleep on it and it ending up snapping lol.

The only game that sets me off to the point of berzerk mode is Super Meat boy. Which is easily the most frustrating thing I ever had the misfortune of playing. Seriously, I can't take that game.

So, any games that set you off? Do you never rage at games?

also, no clue why I put do you still rage? as the title. Meant for it to be Do you rage. herp derp.

psychoangel691 01-22-2013 10:43 PM

Re: Do you still rage?

I used to rage really hard at FFR in '09. Actually threw my laptop a good few times. I'll still get annoyed at times when I play now but I don't get nearly as pissed.

Fix'd your thread title.

Fluvs 01-22-2013 10:46 PM

Re: Do you rage?

Kirby boss battle in hard mode in any of it's past and present game geez I will get frustrated but not berserk and flip out just going crazy when reaching towards the end with low health xD

Garquillex 01-22-2013 10:48 PM

Very very rarely. Only in Team Fortress 2 under certain conditions, but even then it's very mild. I'm very competitive and self-improving, and rage hinders them, so I've stopped raging as much as I did in the past. I'm often too busy thinking of what I could have done to rage.

kommisar 01-22-2013 10:48 PM

depends on my mood.

far more calm than I was, but much more expressive instead.

I still fistsmash when playing counter-strike on a bad day

alloyus 01-22-2013 10:49 PM

Playing Zombie Sunset in the last official broke the pull-out thing on my desk that I put my keyboard on, half of it fell down. Also disconnected some wire or something on my good laptop a few months ago playing Magnum >.>

Senip 01-22-2013 10:53 PM

I used to get REALLY angry. I never broke anything, but I came close. Especially playing RPGs on hard and then forgetting to save, that was always my bane.

PriestREA 01-22-2013 10:55 PM

Extremely often, sadly.

gnr61 01-22-2013 10:56 PM

i still can't conceive why anyone would voluntarily take up a pastime that makes them angry, ever. like christ that must be the most rewarding thing ever 99.9% of the time to justify causing such intense negative emotion

igotrhythm 01-22-2013 11:00 PM

I'm not allowed to play any first-person shooting game ever due to how badly I rage at them.

d4u7211 01-22-2013 11:04 PM

Used to get so pissed at halo 3.

you mentioned super meat boy as well, and surprisingly, I don't get pissed, I just get restless. I'll end up groaning lots of rhetorical and sarcastic statements like
"Ohhh my GAAAWWWWD meat boy, you fucking asshole, you must be retar- what? NO I didn't tell you to go- oh GREEEAT. fantastic. fantastic. fantastic. no, you're doing great meat boy, you're supposed to jump in the lava. yep. HOOONESTLY? cock my suck you fucker. nope. nope. wrong. wroooooong. cmon, meat boy...MEAT BOY! you cuntflap, learn to jump. the...the fuck was that? i tried to jump OFF the wall at the bottom, and it just shot me up the wall"

ya sorry i gotta pass the time until the tournament somehow

and eventually quit. Despite this, even though i stopped playing because of other games, i got through the first 4 worlds with 100% completion

i love you 01-22-2013 11:05 PM

I don't rage nearly as often as I used to back in 2009-2010.

I realized that regardless if I do bad or not on a game, it isn't worth the time and effort unless if you are planning on becoming a professional gamer or something.

LoneW0lf 01-22-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnr61 (Post 3844555)
i still can't conceive why anyone would voluntarily take up a pastime that makes them angry, ever. like christ that must be the most rewarding thing ever 99.9% of the time to justify causing such intense negative emotion

I was waiting for this comment haha.

I honestly can't answer that. I guess it's the positives out way the negatives? I don't really rage at single player games, just get frustrated. Online games are a lot different due to the game sometimes not working(gow3 all the time) and it can get annoying. Other times, it can be the best thing ever and everything goes in your favor. You play for those days, but bad ones come.

Senip 01-22-2013 11:06 PM

Positives of gaming far outweighs the occasional "I HATE EVERYTHING THAT THIS GAME MAKES ME FEEL BECAUSE I CANNOT DO IT" then the accomplishment you get when you finally do it, makes everything worth it.

LoneW0lf 01-22-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d4u7211 (Post 3844562)
Used to get so pissed at halo 3.

you mentioned super meat boy as well, and surprisingly, I don't get pissed, I just get restless. I'll end up groaning lots of rhetorical and sarcastic statements like
"Ohhh my GAAAWWWWD meat boy, you fucking asshole, you must be retar- what? NO I didn't tell you to go- oh GREEEAT. fantastic. fantastic. fantastic. no, you're doing great meat boy, you're supposed to jump in the lava. yep. HOOONESTLY? cock my suck you fucker. nope. nope. wrong. wroooooong. cmon, meat boy...MEAT BOY! you cuntflap, learn to jump. the...the fuck was that? i tried to jump OFF the wall at the bottom, and it just shot me up the wall"

ya sorry i gotta pass the time until the tournament somehow

and eventually quit. Despite this, even though i stopped playing because of other games, i got through the first 4 worlds with 100% completion

I do that pretty often with Super meat boy(stopped playing) and some other games, just louder and more aggressively lol.

leonid 01-22-2013 11:08 PM

I never rage over games

Many things would have been broken had I punched something every time I blackflagged

i love you 01-22-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonid (Post 3844573)
I never rage over games

I thought you threw pillows o.o

One Winged Angel 01-22-2013 11:10 PM

Yes, but not to the point where I break shit. Just a lot of swearing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonid (Post 3844573)
I never rage over games

pillowflags lmao

edit: DAT NINJA

leonid 01-22-2013 11:11 PM

That was staged and was a tribute for TeRage

PrawnSkunk 01-22-2013 11:14 PM

I learned real fast that scissor-switch keyboards Die Hard.
There's not much anger in MMOs, just frustration - which I deal with by *not* crying myself to sleep.