Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Ask Me Anything (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   This is my first post. AMA. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=126060)

Zapmeister 09-19-2012 12:01 PM

This is my first post. AMA.

I know this isn't the newbie forum, but I might as well jump in on the AMA bandwagon while it still exists. Ask me anything.

psychoangel691 09-19-2012 12:08 PM

Re: This is my first post. AMA.

What made you join ffr and jump on the AMA bandwagon?

Zapmeister 09-19-2012 01:26 PM

I don't really know to be honest. I started playing a few weeks ago just for the purposes of mindless time-wasting. I watched some replays on youtube and thought "there is no way anyone can be this good, these people cannot possibly exist". But the game stuck with me and I thought it would be nice to have a record of my own stats and things, so I signed up. And the AMA thing... is very obviously an elaborate forum joke, so hey, why not.

also I know yoshL elsewhere on the internet, he did try to persuade me to sign up some time ago.

Choofers 09-20-2012 11:19 PM

are you secretly herogashix`

YoshL 09-21-2012 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choofers (Post 3774220)
are you secretly herogashix`

unfortunately no

Zapmeister 09-21-2012 07:57 AM

understandable mistake to make, since both of us live in london. but no, we're 5000+ kilometres apart.

Izzy 09-21-2012 09:15 AM

I wasn't even aware that England was 5000 kilometeres wide.

Niko_K 09-21-2012 09:37 AM

Jesus christ Izzy you're still around?

I havent been around since Anobody myself and a few others were doing the SMX shit haha.

Zapmeister 09-21-2012 11:59 AM

@izzy: one of them is not in england

swordmasterz 09-22-2012 02:01 PM

Why do you post your particular question (with variations) in every AMA you've asked a question for
(the poker & tiger one)

Zapmeister 09-22-2012 04:52 PM

Although I've never played poker with a tiger myself, I do recognise that it's an important life event which will inevitably happen to all of us one day, but you have to wait for long enough to experience it; like paying taxes, or losing your virginity, or doing DIY. I'm inquiring as to strategy. (I did try the library but it wasn't helpful - although self-help books are available in a wide range of subjects they don't include playing poker against tigers.)

(I am not a tiger.)

dAnceguy117 09-25-2012 12:33 PM

let's say you're a tiger. you're at a table playing poker with 9 humans. you're holding pocket kings, you 3-bet pre-flop, and two people call. flop comes up Ace of hearts, 2c, 6d. you start chewing your cards. one person bets 2x pot. other person folds. do you call, fold, or go for the throat?

Zapmeister 09-25-2012 01:26 PM

Not sure, I've never played poker in a group of more than 6 or 7. Probably minimum raise while simultaneously staring intently and growling at the other person in an attempt to freak him/her out. But if I don't have enough chips to do that I think I'd fold. I wouldn't go for the throat unless I was on the wrong end of a really bad beat, since if they run, I'm not getting the money I deserve.

...oh god this sort of questions are literally the only thing i'm going to be remembered for in future on here aren't they

igotrhythm 01-19-2013 04:09 PM

Why do you ask everyone about what they'd do in a game of poker?

YoshL 01-19-2013 04:12 PM

What is Dave

Zapmeister 01-19-2013 04:18 PM

@igotrhythm: i basically already answered that question above ^^^

Quote:

Although I've never played poker with a tiger myself, I do recognise that it's an important life event which will inevitably happen to all of us one day, but you have to wait for long enough to experience it; like paying taxes, or losing your virginity, or doing DIY. I'm inquiring as to strategy. (I did try the library but it wasn't helpful - although self-help books are available in a wide range of subjects they don't include playing poker against tigers.)
@yoshl: it's a freeview tv channel we have in the uk, channel 12 i believe, never watched it but from what other people tell me it's full of trash

Xx{Midnight}xX 01-19-2013 06:32 PM

Where is Waldo?

Zapmeister 01-20-2013 02:53 PM

O2 shop
putney high street
wandsworth
london (sw15)
england
united kingdom
europe
earth
solar system
milky way galaxy
local galactic group
virgo cluster
virgo supercluster
observable universe

Pseudo Enigma 01-23-2013 02:48 PM

where's your avatar?
Do you want fries with that?

Zapmeister 01-24-2013 06:11 PM

i bought the dvd a while back for £7 in a hmv sale, can't find it right now, i probably left it back at home

no thanks