Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Xbox 360, PS3, or PC gaming? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=113069)

debbehh 10-14-2009 05:14 PM

Xbox 360, PS3, or PC gaming?

Which plays best for you? Favorite game?

NFD 10-14-2009 05:28 PM

Re: Xbox 360, PS3, or PC gaming?

PC, Team Fortress 2.

phe0nixblade 10-14-2009 07:14 PM

pc, tf2/css

Superfreak04 10-14-2009 07:29 PM

PC : Counter-Strike 1.6

PhaeL v2 10-14-2009 07:32 PM

PC; Doom³

mariatamis 11-3-2009 01:16 AM

Hey Guys,
Myself Maria.i like to play CONTRA and PC games.thanks for asking,sharing with us.

Thank you.

AurelieB 11-3-2009 01:59 AM

Rainbow Six : Rogue Spear PC

Bill Kaulitz 11-3-2009 05:24 AM

It all depends of what I have more of, I don't really care though. xD

Kage_No_Shi 11-5-2009 10:13 AM

PC or PS3, depends on the game and genre.

I do like Fallout 3 and Oblivion on the PC though, for usermods.

Plus the PC games can look better, assuming your rig is good enough.

Gaming with a controller is good though, it's much more comfortable IMO, than using a keyboard and mouse, and more reliable too I think (think along the lines of fingers hitting the wrong key on the keyboard)....

Adamaja456 11-5-2009 10:14 AM

ps3 resistance 2

dandandamdandan1111 11-5-2009 10:15 AM

xbox 360, skate 2, and occasionally css

JenovaSephiroth 11-5-2009 11:20 AM

pc, borderlands

Izzy 11-5-2009 11:42 AM

Depends on the game not the platform for me. If I could I would play everything on my computer with a controller. Using a mouse for shooters on the computer seems cheap to me.

Sir Psycho 11-5-2009 11:48 AM

How is it cheap to use a mouse?

And for me FPS have to be on the computer for the most part and I prefer the Xbox for most other games.

thechild 11-5-2009 11:53 AM

Well I play online games and hacking is a lot more prone to occur, so I prefer playing my xbox 360.

Izzy 11-5-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Psycho (Post 3280028)
How is it cheap to use a mouse?

Because it makes aiming really easy. Point and click. Just hold your cursor over the thing you are shooting at.

Makes me imagen how unfair a tablet PC would be. Just click on the screen to shoot what you click.

sjoecool1991 11-5-2009 01:08 PM

PS2, lol.
ESPGaluda
Mushihimesama
Dodonpachi: Dai-Ou-Jou
Ibara
Psyvariar
Psyvariar II
Gradius V
Gradius III-IV collection

Squeek 11-5-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3280033)
Because it makes aiming really easy. Point and click. Just hold your cursor over the thing you are shooting at.

Makes me imagen how unfair a tablet PC would be. Just click on the screen to shoot what you click.

Clearly someone completely unversed in PC gaming.

A mouse isn't 'cheap'. It's the standard. They dumb games down for consoles because you guys can't get the fast reactions that PC gamers can get. I implore you to try playing a twitch game like Unreal Tournament 2004 and call it as simple as pointing and clicking. It's called a twitch game because you need insanely fast reaction times to even have a chance at winning. I won't even get into instagib mode gameplay.

And a Tablet PC is absolutely dreadful for PC gaming. It could never even come close to matching what a good mouse can do.

Izzy 11-5-2009 02:36 PM

I don't know why you are assuming I've never played a game on a computer and that I have a slow reaction time.

Just because you consider the mouse the standard difficulty of gameplay doesn't disprove that it is easier than a controller. This thread is asking an opinion of what you like and I like to play things on a controller because I personally feel that the difficulty level of using a mouse is to easy for what I believe it should be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek (Post 3280075)
They dumb games down for consoles because you guys can't get the fast reactions that PC gamers can get.

You obviously just made that up. I don't believe game developers sit down and decide that they need to make a video game slower because the average console gamer has a slower reaction time.

edit: Most of the games I would play probably wouldn't be shooters though. I would want to use a controller for anything other than rts games and mmorpgs. I would if I could be they never have controller support and/or there are way to many buttons that need to be pushed to fit on a controller.

Squeek 11-5-2009 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3280104)
I don't know why you are assuming I've never played a game on a computer and that I have a slow reaction time.

Just because you consider the mouse the standard difficulty of gameplay doesn't disprove that it is easier than a controller. This thread is asking an opinion of what you like and I like to play things on a controller because I personally feel that the difficulty level of using a mouse is to easy for what I believe it should be.

You obviously just made that up. I don't believe game developers sit down and decide that they need to make a video game slower because the average console gamer has a slower reaction time.

edit: Most of the games I would play probably wouldn't be shooters though. I would want to use a controller for anything other than rts games and mmorpgs. I would if I could be they never have controller support and/or there are way to many buttons that need to be pushed to fit on a controller.

It's not that they make the game easier. Joystick controls have the limitations of spin time. If something is hitting you from behind, you can't just whip your mouse around and see behind you. You just hold the joystick and spin. It's akin to keyboard turners in wow.

Since you can't turn around in half a second on a console version of a game, they have to compensate. If they don't, then the game is far too difficult for the wrong reasons.

Not all game developers do this. If they develop the game for consoles and port it to PC (usually not the case), they may not compensate the other way around, making the game far too easy. Good developers, like Valve, do understand the differences between consoles and PCs and compensate in ways you don't ever notice.

Also, the mouse is and always has been the standard aiming device used for shooters. The only things that have come close to replicating the functionality of a mouse+keyboard are the Wii remote + nunchuck, which do a terrible job of it, and light guns, which are decent but still lacking.

With a keyboard and mouse, you control the body and the head separately. The body movements are handled with the keyboard and the head movements are handled with the mouse. Separate functions can be bound to keys reachable from both devices. This allows you full control of everything you need. You can strafe while shooting while running while jumping while pulling out a new weapon. With dual analog sticks, you're helpless to do more than two things at once. You're limited to four fingers, whereas keyboard and mouse can do up to 8, even 10 if you're good enough.