Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Events (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   [Concluded] 11th Official Tournament - Round 8 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=144476)

psychoangel691 06-4-2016 10:59 PM

11th Official Tournament - Round 8

Welcome to the 11th Official Tournament!

This has been a while in the making and all your waiting is finally over. Most of this post is copied over from the 10th official because the rules are the same, mechanics are the same, but don’t expect this tournament to go as easy on you >: )

Please read carefully.

I. HOW TO SIGN UP
CLICK THIS LINK HERE: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ent/signup.php

Signups are open until June 18th, 10:59 SERVER TIME.

Please be aware your name will be on a list, but it is a manually updated list on the second post of this thread. If you do not see your name on that post, be patient and give it some time. If there has been a reasonable amount of time between updates and your name is not on the second post, let me know and I will communicate with you in regards to your concerns.

II. TOURNAMENT OVERVIEW/INFORMATION
This tournament is scheduled to start on June 24th at 11:59 PM EST (10:59 PM SERVER TIME).

There will be SEVEN divisions in this tournament – Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Expert, Master, Guru, and Legend. These divisions are typically addressed by their numerical order, with D1 being Beginner, and D7 being Legend. Upon registration of the tournament, you will be placed in a list with all other players that have signed up to the tournament, and will be placed accordingly based off of your overall skill and accomplishments in regards to the game. You will not be signing up for a particular division – your division placement will be handled internally. Keep in mind, there is not a limit to the number of participants in this tournament, or the number of competitors within a given division. However, large divisions will see larger people cut in earlier rounds.

Scores will be automatically recorded to the tournament dashboard
LOCATED HERE. This is a real-time tool that displays scores which opponents have obtained during the current and previous rounds, and it is color coordinated according to your status in the round (and in the tournament). All scores listed in the dashboard are based on unadjusted (raw) scoring.

Green means you have obtained a perfect score for the round, beige/grey means that you are currently safe, yellow means you are in danger of elimination, and red means that you were eliminated in a previous round. (I do understand that many people understand the dashboard, but there are always newer players and they deserve to understand how this works as well, because it is an incredibly useful tool.)

On the main screen of the dashboard, you will see numbers like this:

-8-5-3-1

...these numbers indicate the number people advancing to the next round. If there are ties in scores, the dashboard will report everyone with the same score as safe, even if it causes the round to have more people advance than expected.

When we reach the start time of a round, I will update the third post of this thread with the current songs for all divisions, as well as the end time and date of the round. I will also update the tournament dashboard with all pertinent information, so that scores can be recorded as soon as possible.

III. TOURNAMENT RULES
In order to be eligible for participation, your account must have 250 games played, with 75 songs FULLY played. If you do not meet this requirement, your name will be removed from the participants list, and you will not receive a division placement. Please ensure that you meet these requirements before clicking the signup button!

This tournament will be eight rounds long, with each round lasting a week. Every division will receive their own song, every round, and there will be a specified number of people advancing to each round, dependent on the division’s size. If ties happen in such a way where more competitors advance than are specified for the given round, one of two situations will occur:

- if the tie occurs before a prize round, all people involved in a tie will advance.
- If the tie occurs during a round where advancing means you receive a prize, a tiebreaker will be played. Tiebreakers last 24 hours.

If you do not submit a positive score above 0 by the end of the round, you will be eliminated. Late scores will NOT be accepted under any circumstances, because it is an elimination tournament. I will make minor accommodations to ensure that you aren’t automatically eliminated with a 0 score, but only under extenuating circumstances.

If for any reason a score does not record, take a screenshot AND save a replay after you have restored connectivity. That way, I can definitively verify that you did obtain that score. I will not be adding scores without this form of proof.

It goes without saying:
CHEATING IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. Anyone caught cheating in this tournament will receive a minimum punishment of forum banishment, and will be considered for more severe punishment. As mentioned in the FFR forum rules, using a bot or trainer is grounds for score removal, and other implicit methods of score boosting like account sharing will result in further reprimand. Do not try to circumvent rules with loopholes. You may not use an alternate account in an effort to be put in a lower division. Chances are, if it’s questionable, it shouldn’t be done. In addition to this -- if you have cheated in previous tournaments, I reserve the right to deny your entry in the tournament. Decisions are final, and if you are told that you are not allowed to enter, you are NOT allowed to enter.

Be respectful to everyone involved in the tournament! I should not have to name everyone that is responsible, because I expect everyone to behave and have a good time. You are allowed to have negative opinions towards simfiles that are presented in the tournament, but do so in a way that indicates your comment as being opinionated, and not factual. Saying that “I absolutely despise this file” is considerably less rude than “your file is garbage”, because while they are both opinionated, the latter is more forceful due to not indicating it as your opinion. Arguments with tournament staff or with other users will not be tolerated. Use this time to have a good time with other competitors, and bond in the spirit of competition, because official tournaments are very infrequent!

If you happen to have any issues with placements, do not post them in any threads. Instead, send a private message to me via FFR, or send me a message on Skype at saphira251. I will do my best to respond to everyone in regards to everything. Continual disregard of this rule will result in removal from the tournament.

IV. Prizes

If anyone is interested in donating prizes, you are more than welcome to do so (as it has occurred in the past). However, prizes need to be confirmed by me before being listed on the OP as an official prize, as it needs to be ensured that they are received. If you opt into providing a prize, confirm with me, and do not deliver, you will be severely reprimanded.

View prize information by clicking the spoiler.

*For physical prizes if the user lives outside the country an alternative may be provided depending on shipping limitations.
*Mechanical keyboard winners have the choice of their switch color, brand will be decided by host as limited funds are available.

1st in D7: Mechanical keyboard with your choice of switch color, 800,000 credits, all 3 new support tokens, and a 1st place medal on your profile.
1st in D6: Mechanical keyboard with your choice of switch color, 675,000 credits, choice of 3 support and/or event tokens, and a 1st place medal on your profile.
1st in D5: Audio-Technica ATH-M30x Headphones, 550,000 credits, choice of 3 support and/or event tokens, and a 1st place medal on your profile.
1st in D4: Audio-Technica ATH-M30x Headphones, 450,000 credits, choice of 3 support and/or event tokens, and a 1st place medal on your profile.
1st in D3: FFR T-Shirt, 350,000 credits, choice of 3 support and/or event tokens, and a 1st place medal on your profile.
1st in D2: 275,000 credits, choice of 3 support and/or event tokens, and a 1st place medal on your profile.
1st in D1: 200,000 credits, choice of 3 support and/or event tokens, and a 1st place medal on your profile.

2nd in D7: 550,000 credits, your choice of 2 new support tokens and a 2nd place medal on your profile.
2nd in D6: 450,000 credits, a choice of 2 support and/or event tokens, and a 2nd place medal on your profile.
2nd in D5: 350,000 credits, a choice of 2 support and/or event tokens, and a 2nd place medal on your profile.
2nd in D4: 275,000 credits, a choice of 2 support and/or event tokens, and a 2nd place medal on your profile.
2nd in D3: 200,000 credits, a choice of 2 support and/or event tokens, and a 2nd place medal on your profile.
2nd in D2: 150,000 credits, a choice of 2 support and/or event tokens, and a 2nd place medal on your profile.
2nd in D1: 100,000 credits, a choice of 2 support and/or event tokens, and a 2nd place medal on your profile.

3rd in D7: 350,000 credits, a choice of 1 new support token, and a 3rd place medal on your profile.
3rd in D6: 275,000 credits, a choice of 1 support or event token, and a 3rd place medal on your profile.
3rd in D5: 200,000 credits, a choice of 1 support or event token, and a 3rd place medal on your profile.
3rd in D4: 150,000 credits, a choice of 1 support or event token, and a 3rd place medal on your profile.
3rd in D3: 100,000 credits, a choice of 1 support or event token, and a 3rd place medal on your profile.
3rd in D2: 75,000 credits, a choice of 1 support or event token, and a 3rd place medal on your profile.
3rd in D1: 50,000 credits, a choice of 1 support or event token, and a 3rd place medal on your profile.

4th through 8th in D7: 200,000 credits, and a top 8 medal on your profile.
4th through 8th in D6: 150,000 credits, and a top 8 medal on your profile.
4th through 8th in D5: 100,000 credits, and a top 8 medal on your profile.
4th through 8th in D4: 75,000 credits, and a top 8 medal on your profile.
4th through 8th in D3: 50,000 credits, and a top 8 medal on your profile.
4th through 8th in D2: 37,500 credit, and a top 8 medal on your profile.
4th through 8th in D1: 25,000 credit, and a top 8 medal on your profile.

ADDITIONALLY:

-Competitors that place 16th or better in a division will automatically receive Fractured Sunshine.
-Competitors that place 8th or better in a division will automatically receive Vertex Beta Vrofl.
-Competitors that are INVOLUNTARILY placed in D7 and complete the tournament (submit for every round they are present and should be active) will receive Unconnected. and Fractured Sunshine, as well as receive a custom forum title indicating that they are a D7 player. They will also receive the three older support tokens and event tokens as a memento of their incredible skill, as they did in the past tournament.

V. Tournament FAQ
Q: How do I sign up for this tournament?
A: Go to the sign-up page and click the large button on this page:
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ent/signup.php

Q: How are scores submitted?
A: Scores are submitted automatically to the tournament dashboard. If you want to see how you are doing in regards to your other competitors, click this link:
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/tournament

Q: What division am I in?
A: You can see what division you are listed in by checking the tournament dashboard. If you do not see your name in a division but do see your name in the participants list, it is because placements are not up yet. Be patient – placements won’t be finished until just before the start of the tournament.

Q: I’ve degraded in skill – can I be in a lower division?
A: Unfortunately, you will not be placed off of your current skill, but rather the skill that is reflected in your level ranks (public and token). Gauging current skill is incredibly risky and can ruin the overall tournament experience, especially if someone improves unexpectedly due to being placed in a lower division for skill degradation. Do your best – each round is a week long, and you can accomplish a lot in that week if you try.

Q: Can you release the songs for the next round early?
A: No, I cannot. Because this is an elimination tournament, everyone needs to have the same time allotment for each round.

Q: When will I receive my prizes?
A: Credit, token, and profile prizes will be handed out at the end of the tournament. If you were supposed to receive a prize and have not, send me a Skype message or a FFR PM and I will resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Q: Will there be preview videos?
A: Maybe…

Good luck everyone!

Re: 11th Official Tournament

Signups Last updated 6/18 at 8:30pm servertime

*I do placements in phases, so nothing is finalized until just before the start of the tournament. I will be doing a quick sort first as people come in so they're accounted for, then will have my team go through each division with me looking more closely at the participants. Please wait until we're closer to the start to voice concerns on any placement.

Code:

.Gazelle.
-paexaea-
25thhour
A Cheap Lemon
Afroxide
alphanish
alster1
amlg1995
andy-o24
animerules12544
anubis2003
AOD_ELEMENT
aphoticairavata
Aticabeu
AragakiAyase
arcTangent
AutotelicBrown
awein999
axith
AZpb Djbread
Bach96
badman7772
ballaw hare
basicdrummerman
bballa48
Beat_slayer
beary605
Becky8
BedrockSolid
beeattack
Benjie007
benny58624
blindreper1179
botchi246
Brubster
Cakemanjake
ca25nada
captan***gypants
CarrotCake94
catzeye21138
CDCan
ce1545
cedolad
Charmoeleon
Charu
Choupom
ChuChuRocker
chuybar
Cloud_Strife15
CocoaPuff3100
Cold Kitten
comedylover111
Conorn
Coolboyrulez0
Coveyduck
Critterfps
Crynote
da_man040292
danceflashrevo
danny53x
Dark.Oni
Dark Saga
DarkBlaze347
darkedge22
DarknessXoXLight
DarkZtar
Dave4xp
DDRMXT
DDRNGGin
Deadlyx39
dell2150
death111
Deidara837
DeltaNein
Devilchilly
devonin
dha
DissonantMuse
DJRiDDeR
DKDorkins
dragonhand25
dragonman2
Drayik
drifterz
Dwong044
Dynam0
Elekton
Elite Ninja
Elldaman311
Elmerz
emulord
EtienneSM
Evascythe
evanescence_death4ever
evil smoke
Ezrealasitgets
Fapceratops
feelingzwontfade
Felyx
FFR Pro 21
fingiesman
flashpantss
FlipYourCoin
fQuantum
FrankLovesGames
Frans813
Frederic54
funiax
Funnygurl555
FUTUREKING101
Gabbangelion
gameboy42690
Gamemaster789
GammaBlaster
Gap0911
gattsta
GG_Guru
ggsnipes
Ghost_Medley
gold stinger
gortern
Gradiant
Greent
grizz13114
Gruzzly_Bear
Gun92
Gundam-Dude
Hairy Cabbage
Hakulyte
happyhardcor3
Hardstylelover
Hateandhatred
Herogashix
HeZe
hi19hi19
HikamitheSoulReaper
HitlerWasRight
Hurleyisgod
iComfy
igotrhythm
iIBigD937Ii
inDheart
ItsOnlyDanO
IwasAsquidOnce
Jagakon
JD_Flava
j-rodd123
Jgold16
Jonlovesddr
JonnyTurtle
jose656
Josemba
JotaCeOK
Jtehanonymous
juckter1
JulesNightlock
justin_ator
kacper_w
kagami9931
Kaj3
Kanzas
Kawaii025
Kawaiimachine
Kekeb
keyslayer101
killa_magila
KillerScythe0
Killionz
kjwkjw
KLiTz
kmay
KotHN
KrazyKitsune
Kriptos
Ksl33zy24
Kyote100
Lambdadelta
Leebyn
LegendXYZ
LethalMutiny
lilvinny14
ll sephirothll
lofty rhino
loop123456
LoSeH
LotarrMotarr
lurker
magnans
Mahou
MalcomMiguel
MarcusHawkins
MarioNintendo
Masquerade of Shadow
mastererok
masterq60
maximemorinng
Meatyguy
megamon88
MikeShinoda12345
MinaciousGrace
MintKitty
MixMasterLar
MKIIPro
Mourningfall
Mr54supernoob
MyNameIsNothing
mysterio2465
Naathaan
NeoMasterPie
Nighdragon
nightslayer
nintendoaddict1
Ninty64
niope
nirrik
nolimits112
Novelties
officer37
OMGitsSpach
One Winged Angel
owenviau1
PaperclipGames
PhantomPuppy
Photosynthetic
Pizza69
Plan_Bsk81127
Poison-
poppedmon
Potato030
portalbob340
poulice
PrawnSkunk
Prime_Style
Prinkels
ps2timelord
PubliusQuinctilius
qqwref
Qwiktune
RagedBerserker
rayword45
Razor
RB_Spirit
rCaliberGX
rebelrunner26
Rebite
Red Blaster
reiden
remedy1502
RenegadeLucien
Renrane
reuben_tate
ricochxx
RNGRX
rparty89
rsr2
ruf323
Rukairi
runescapedude1126
rushyrulz
samurai7694
sanzath
science666
scusethetude
Senpai Noah
SethColeman
sgt. Traveler
shadow 1800
Shadowcliff
Shadowdude272
ShadoWolfe
shadowxmn
ShadyJakey
Shenjoku
Shino166
shonen7
Shouka
ShurykaN
sickufully
SilentSand
SillyKana
Skeelie
Skellen
skullbac
Sky Kitten
SleepyRainb0w
SloppyLizard
smartdude1212
SmexxxyBeast
Snipop Yrram
snoverpk
SnowieY
SoFast
soramimi
Soundwave-
SpaceGorilla
spartan6431
ssbmchamp
sspeckless
Staiain
Stopmovin
storn42
supermoe1985
SuperNOVA Gian
Surt
sweet2kill210
T-Force
Tarrik
TC_Halogen
TC_Meteor
TenSecondBraeden
The~J~MaXx
TheLegendofPie
thesunfan
TheToaphster
TheWaffleWoofer
ThunderFlip
Tidus810
tiloco217
Titanvx
TK_unreal
Toxophilis
trumaestro
Trumpet63
typing like wat
Ultimate Mike7
ULTIMEGA
uni385
Untimely Friction
useme99999
V0lcom
VickyFox
V-Ormix
Walrusizer
warriormag17
Wartime
Washbourne
Wayward Vagabond
Winrar
woker-x
Xayphon
XDark_PrinceX
XelNya
Xenorosth
XiuminYisus
Xiz
XJ-9
xlonenobodyx
Xtreme2252
Xx{Fallen}xX
xXCtoda2pwrXx
xXOpkillerXx
xxtakeshixx09
XxWeskerxX
x_egeltje_x
yo man im awesome
YoshL
Zageron
Zephei
Zerkrome
zorack24
Zwyk
^Sorrow^
_DJ Vinyl_
_Fluttershy_
_Zenith_
[TeRa]

Round 6

D1
All is fair in RAGE
Musician: litmus*
Length: 1:57
Step author: DarkZtar
Genre: Dance 2

D2
False White
Musician: maru
Length: 2:01
Step author: Silvuh

D3
Suicide Pact
Musician: LeaF
Length: 1:38
Step author: ilikexd
Genre: Misc

D4
Amphisbaena
Musician: Mitsuyoshi
Length: 1:55

D5
Ripcord
Musician: The Flashbulb
Length: 2:33

D6
Wizdomiot
Length: 2:30
Step author: AutotelicBrown

D7
Powerflux
Musician: YZYX
Length: 3:35
Step author: GammaBlaster
Genre: Arcade

Round 5

D1
A Fall Memories
Musician: Phantasma
Length: 1:55

D2
Turn Around
Musician: Grabbitz
Length: 2:45
Step author: gameboy42690

D3
Meteor Lights
Musician: s-don
Length: 2:12
Step author: bmah

D4
Ringo's Tea Party
Musician: IOSYS
Length: 1:46
Step author: Scintill

D5
Amber Shores
Length: 2:30

D6
Maybe All This Time I Was Wrong
Length: 2:22
Step author: yo man im awesome & TC_Halogen

D7
OWA Raged at Kurorak for Making OWA Raged at Skeletor
Musician: Kurorak
Length: 2:40
Step author: hi19hi19

Round 4

D1
A Happy Day in Funtown
Musician: Jake Kaufman
Length: 2:16

D2
This Will Be The Day (James Landino's Magical Girl Remix)
Musician: Jeff Williams & Casey Lee Williams
Length: 2:54
Step author: TC_Halogen

D3
Heartache
Musician: Toby Fox
Length: 1:50

D4
PrayStation
Musician: Ras
Length: 1:50

D5
Galaxy in Toybox [Heavy]
Musician: Umeboshi Chazuke
Length: 2:12

D6
The Scales of Strangeness
Musician: dbk2 remixed by MrPokeahole

D7
Ongaku -kaiongaku mix-
Length: 1:52
Step author: lurker

Round 3

D1
Dating Start!
Musician: Toby Radiation Fox
Length: 1:56

D2
Unpause the Heat
Musician: Aethernaut
Length: 1:53

D3
Funny Funky Freaky
Musician: mommy
Length: 1:53

D4
Zauberkugel
Musician: xi
Length: 2:18

D5
Drunk Crunk Franken
Musician: t+pazolite
Length: 3:27

D6
Kanon
Musician: tarolabo
Length: 2:21

D7
Stress Free Style
Musician: MOSAIC.WAV
Length: 3:21
Step author: SKG_Scintill

Round 2

D1

Boooring!
Musician: Assertive Fluttershy
Length: 2:43
Step author: TC_Halogen
Genre: Dance

D2

I'm Alive (Jarvis Remix)
Musician: Bourke & Vegas
Length: 2:00
Step artist: Xiz

D3

GIN TONIC FLAVOR
Musician: q/stol
Length: 2:35
Genre: Funk

D4

Shade of Gloria
Musician: tcheb
Length: 2:36

D5

Divinity Garden
Musician: daisan
Length: 2:29

D6

Diamanté Spectrasplosion
Musician: Blitz Lunar
Step author: hi9hi19 & ilikexd

D7

You're gonna love my nuts
Musician: Reizoko Cj
Length: 4:37

Round 1

D1

Pink Cloud (feat. Max Collins)
Musician: Pegboard Nerds
Length: 1:30

D2

Insignia
Musician: Muzzy
Length: 2:14
Step artist: gameboy42690

D3

Follow You (feat. Danyka Nadeau) (Rhythmics Remix)
Musician: Au5
Length: 1:42

D4

Red Sphere, Blue Sphere
Musician: chthonic
Length: 1:43

D5

Funny Function
Musician: t+pazolite

D6

Le carnaval des animaux, Movement no. 14 ''Finale''
Musician: Camille Saint-Saëns
Genre: Classical

D7

oppIrish (GYPSYCOREremix)
Musician: cybermiso
Length: 3:19

XelNya 06-4-2016 11:00 PM

HYYYYYYYYYYYPE

MarcusHawkins 06-4-2016 11:02 PM

Alright, it is here! GET HYPE!! :D
I hope I will have a chance here, but it will be fun nonetheless!

Xiz 06-4-2016 11:04 PM

oOoOo

GammaBlaster 06-4-2016 11:04 PM

In.

Walrusizer 06-4-2016 11:07 PM

time to get eliminated round 1 because im bad at aaaing

PhantomPuppy 06-4-2016 11:08 PM

alright LETS GO! 11th OT HYPE!! :D

Red Blaster 06-4-2016 11:10 PM

Hype!

Kawaii025 06-4-2016 11:11 PM

Pee-water hy-pee.

igotrhythm 06-4-2016 11:11 PM

Fucking hype. LET'S ROLL.

Two years in the making...I remember the 10th well because it was the week after I broke my wrist. I still gave it a shot anyway. :D

remedy1502 06-4-2016 11:14 PM

ready to lose because I have no speed

Xiz 06-4-2016 11:19 PM

I forget are any of my files in this because it's been like 2 years rofl

_Zenith_ 06-4-2016 11:22 PM

Watch out D7 I'm coming for an elimination before it even begins!!!

Bach96 06-4-2016 11:22 PM

HUZZAH FOR MASHING EVERYTHING PASSED ROUND 2 BECAUSE I'M BAD

XelNya 06-4-2016 11:23 PM

Also, thank you / both / all / for running the official again. I hope it goes well for everyone. ^_^

lurker 06-4-2016 11:23 PM

oh

_Zenith_ 06-4-2016 11:25 PM

So who is going to open up that prediction thread for the OT?

Red Blaster 06-4-2016 11:27 PM

Hopefully Gold Stinger is generous enough to open up his OT siggy shop again ;)