Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Finally back after an 11 year break! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=148986)

Skikamukazi 03-16-2018 06:25 PM

Finally back after an 11 year break!

Hey all! I was able to get my old account revived. I'm sure most of you have no idea who I am, but I'm back! I'll be interested to see who is still active from way back in the day.

That's all for now, I'll see everyone in the MP lobby and in the forums!

mellonxcollie 03-16-2018 06:33 PM

Re: Finally back after an 11 year break!

hi hi! Welcome back to FFR ^_^

do you have any memories or specific people you remember from back in the day?

Skikamukazi 03-16-2018 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 4613283)
do you have any memories or specific people you remember from back in the day?

Oh, geez, plenty! XXXSmittyXXX, Anuj, aperson, tps222, Afrobean, Shashakiro (Spelling?), Synth, AWPerative, ziggy, Yesssss, Bahamut-X, Rebirth0... the list could go on and on. I guess at some point a long time ago my ranks and points got wiped, and then I played for a while longer before disappearing. Not like that really matters much.

edit: I don't think I was super memorable, just one of the guys who played a lot and commented from time to time. But I remember playing the first simfiles ever put up on FFR, way before we had anything but blue arrows, and when all the files were terribly out of sync!

rushyrulz 03-16-2018 07:31 PM

hi

mellonxcollie 03-16-2018 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skikamukazi (Post 4613289)
Oh, geez, plenty! XXXSmittyXXX, Anuj, aperson, tps222, Afrobean, Shashakiro (Spelling?), Synth, AWPerative, ziggy, Yesssss, Bahamut-X, Rebirth0... the list could go on and on. I guess at some point a long time ago my ranks and points got wiped, and then I played for a while longer before disappearing. Not like that really matters much.

edit: I don't think I was super memorable, just one of the guys who played a lot and commented from time to time. But I remember playing the first simfiles ever put up on FFR, way before we had anything but blue arrows, and when all the files were terribly out of sync!

A few of those people are still around, but mostly post only in TGB. TGB requires a custom user group now, so you should request to join from user CP if you plan to use the forums again ^^

The good old days of blue out of sync arrows will always make me feel happy to think of

Skikamukazi 03-16-2018 07:56 PM

Thanks! I went ahead and requested access. Funny enough, I remember DarkManticoreX2 from back then, too!

choof 03-16-2018 09:59 PM

o i kinda remember you

Gravity Kitten 03-16-2018 10:06 PM

wb duder

dAnceguy117 03-16-2018 11:41 PM

YOOOOOOOOOOO (crossposted this in the garbage bin too but I can't think of anything more appropriate)

I'm trying to remember ziggy - that wasn't their full username, right? I don't wanna look it up 'cause that would be cheating T__T

Skikamukazi 03-16-2018 11:45 PM

Hey! No, that wasn’t his full username. But I can’t remember what it was either! My memory just remembers “ziggy”.

dAnceguy117 03-17-2018 12:47 AM

after searching: I'm even more puzzled than before. if the person was ZiggyMcsquirrel, I don't recognize the username, but they were active around 2008. if it was instead iggymatrixcounter, then I know who that is - but that seems less likely.

IM STUMPED. this mystery shall go unsolved for the rest of time.

but, oh yeah. how you been, how's it going? hahaha. what jogged your memory of FFR being a thing? I'm always interested in hearing those kinds of stories; I took a few years off myself.

Dinglesberry 03-17-2018 02:35 AM

nothing would make me happier than rhythm games becoming a real, popular esport or something, so pls stay around, every additional active player helpz

gold stinger 03-17-2018 06:42 AM

at least rhythm games made it into AGDQ at least we can all be proud of that

Skikamukazi 03-17-2018 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 4613408)
but, oh yeah. how you been, how's it going? hahaha. what jogged your memory of FFR being a thing? I'm always interested in hearing those kinds of stories; I took a few years off myself.

Life is real good. Things change in 10 years. Stopped being a child, got married, have a dog, in college... adulting very hard.

Honestly, I was in a group conversation with some friends, and they asked me about where I got my username from (Everywhere else I go by Skika)... that led to me thinking about where I had used my old username, and that led me back here!

blindreper1179 03-17-2018 11:22 AM

Name rings a bell... welcome back!

hojson 03-25-2018 07:17 AM

Jeez..I used to play this back in high school, I think it was like 2003?! Nice to see someone else from back in the day also logs in :). Pretty sure FFR died for awhile, cool to see it back up. Wasn't there a chat function before, something involving different rooms represented by dots that you could move from one to another? Memories..ahh :).