Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   fuck Georgia (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150924)

SK8R43 06-27-2019 07:57 AM

Re: fuck Georgia

We live in a fucked up world, what do you all expect? At this rate the human race will be extinct within the next 50 years lmao. Not that im really surprised since pollution is at an all time high and we kill so many trees and animals that pretty soon we wont have any resources left.
But sure, lets continue to fuck it up by making bullshit and retarded laws and kill/arrest humans for no literal reason....

DossarLX ODI 06-27-2019 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew WCY (Post 4680472)
Who in their right minds would come up with something so ridiculous? It baffles me how we have such a large proportion of politicians being proponents of this law.

I'd argue it has more to do with re-election and paying attention.

These politicians are seeing what is being supported and work towards that to have better chances of favorable ratings in their state. If 50 people support a piece of legislation and less than 10 are against it, a politician (for retaining their position) is better off going with the 50 people even if it's something harmful.

If this was done in a different state, you'd probably see vastly different results.

Andrew WCY 06-27-2019 08:22 AM

The morality aspect of the law in question is another part I am also rather concerned with.

From https://time.com/5591166/state-abortion-laws-explained/, the bill criminalizes women who desire to abort an unwanted pregnancy (either accidentally or through indecent means such as rape and incest).

This law essentially acts as an unethical means to strip the freedom of choice for women with no intent to be a mother.

XelNya 06-27-2019 09:10 AM

fuck alabama

rayword45 06-27-2019 10:17 AM

fuck oregon

mellon_collie 06-27-2019 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew WCY (Post 4680475)
This law essentially acts as an unethical means to strip the freedom of choice for women with no intent to be a mother.

Very short but accurate summary of what all of these bills intend to do

the case that caused this thread bump absolutely disgusts me. I didn't even need to click the link to know that she was going to be black. fuck these racist, sexist people who create these "laws"

she "initiated" the fight that caused someone else to shoot her...? and this is somehow her fault? this is some "you started it" 2nd grade bullshit

the second amendment is clearly the most important right in that country. really fucked

Mahou 06-27-2019 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4680480)
I didn't even need to click the link to know that she was going to be black.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4680480)
fuck these racist

Lmao

mellon_collie 06-27-2019 11:08 AM

these laws disproportionately affect women of colour, there are stats to back this up

turns out it didn't actually matter in this specific case but it's still my default assumption when I click something about these anti-abortion laws affecting people. cops are racist anyway so they will only use these fucked up laws on who they want to use them on

but anyway not tryna derail this thread

XelNya 06-27-2019 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4680483)
these laws disproportionately affect women of colour, there are stats to back this up

turns out it didn't actually matter in this specific case but it's still my default assumption when I click something about these anti-abortion laws affecting people. cops are racist anyway so they will only use these fucked up laws on who they want to use them on

but anyway not tryna derail this thread

I really

really

really dislike the part of this post that implies casually that cops are generally racist

Mahou 06-27-2019 11:43 AM

Quote:

These laws have an effect on everyone.

Quote:

Cops are supposed to enforce law - that's what they get paid to do.
This still doesn't negate that what you said was racist itself.

JohnRedWolf87 06-27-2019 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahou (Post 4680488)

Are you referring mellon’s Statement that cops are racist?
Cops are not a race.

Svaz 06-27-2019 01:51 PM

I think Mahou means the sentiment implied by suspecting a victim is a certain race (black) before confirmation.

I don’t think Mellon meant it in a malicious way, and tried to say it from a place of empathy, considering statistics and articles like this (trigger warning: vox). Iirc Mahou is black himself and probably doesn’t appreciate the sentiment/association implied by a statement like that.

I’m just trying to clarify my own understanding of the conflict at hand here; I want to understand where everyone is coming from.

Though I suppose this all deviates from the topic at hand.

mellon_collie 06-27-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahou (Post 4680488)

Sorry if what I said came across as such, given the context of the article which I read after I can see how you get that and I apologize

What I meant is that it's very frustrating to see these laws disproportionately affect some groups over and over again while not affecting others nearly as much.

the sun fan 06-27-2019 02:33 PM

i'll just leave a "Fuck Alabama"

MarioNintendo 06-27-2019 02:35 PM

And while we're at it, Fuck Konami.

rayword45 06-27-2019 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4680486)
I really

really

really dislike the part of this post that implies casually that cops are generally racist

acab

inDheart 06-27-2019 05:04 PM

Quote:

I really

really

do you come into threads just to find things to have problems with or is it more a people thing

"not all cops" is literally never a meaningful contribution to the discussion

DaBackpack 06-27-2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayword45 (Post 4680514)
acab

acab

SK8R43 06-27-2019 05:17 PM

Quote:

I really

really

They are..... literally like 80% of cops are racist fucks that need to lose their job. Power hungry bitches.

Gradiant 06-27-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4680556)
do you come into threads just to find things to have problems with or is it more a people thing

"not all cops" is literally never a meaningful contribution to the discussion

To be fair, that casual implication also isn't a good contribution.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4680562)
They are..... literally like 80% of cops are racist fucks that need to lose their job. Power hungry bitches.

Also fuck georgia and alabama