Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What Keeps You Coming Back To FFR? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=135521)

OmegaOrdoss 02-26-2014 09:18 PM

What Keeps You Coming Back To FFR?

Might turn this into a poll if enough people show interest.
Perhaps it is the Music, Forum, Friends/Community, Addiction, Ranking/Scores, Challenging Songs, Stepcharts or anything else you can think of.

For me it would have to be the Music/Ranking System, I love the music foremost, it is relaxing and easily accessible, makes for a good short break throughout the day. I also enjoy the ranking system, knowing I am publicly competing and having my stats tracked is motivating to keep challenging myself and it keeps me coming back and trying new songs discovering more music, so it is a win win situation (minus the time it occupies =x)

Love to hear everyone's own opinion

hi19hi19 02-26-2014 10:06 PM

Re: What Keeps You Coming Back To FFR?

Forums.

Talking to people that are really different from me in a lot of ways, but we still share interest in at least one stupid game, so we can work from there.
Made some friends and stuff.

Zageron 02-26-2014 10:11 PM

Carlos

VisD 02-26-2014 10:23 PM

batch notes

arcnmx 02-26-2014 10:59 PM

Multiplayer, it's the only reason I came here in the first place - then stayed for the community and the music.

I might say ranking if combo scoring wasn't completely broken :P

choof 02-26-2014 11:00 PM

you're dad

Dynam0 02-26-2014 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4085708)
you're dad

lol wow...your dumb

But really it's mostly the brag board but the forums in general keep me an active user here.

Kekeb 02-26-2014 11:07 PM

unoccupancy

drizzleRomanceGirl 02-26-2014 11:08 PM

I love how the FFR community in general has a special kind of personality that common forums and chat programs don't have. :)

mellonxcollie 02-26-2014 11:12 PM

My precious friends and TWG

Riotpolice 02-26-2014 11:16 PM

The community; this game.

Zon Fire 02-26-2014 11:48 PM

Simple nostalgia

blindreper1179 02-26-2014 11:50 PM

Until recently, no freaking idea, now I live in the garbage.

rushyrulz 02-27-2014 12:40 AM

The stress relief

Solomine Gray 02-27-2014 12:48 AM

I'm sort of the reverse of Blindreper (referring to then and now). I loved coming to this site for extremely self-absorbed reasons. It inflated my ego and made me feel awesome, which is something I really didn't have prior to making an account here. Playing and getting high scores was fun, but the only reason they were really of any meaning to me was because I could brag about them and people would give me all the praise I wanted for them. I also made a lot of friends here, and they really seemed to want to talk to me, which was a total ego trip because it made me feel like not only was I a good gamer, but that I was a likable person and that people genuinely wanted to talk to me, not just because of a game. To say the least, FFR was extremely addictive to me.

So, why I ever left (and why I'm back now when nobody is around anymore), I don't know.

RagedBerserker 02-27-2014 01:20 AM

What keeps bringing me back?

Hmm, at this point I am not really too sure. It had always been about being extremely good at something. I would come back to be sure I was still as good as I used to be, and then see if I could improve on it. I have always wanted to strive to be better, but now-a-days I don't feel like my skill is worth improving on. I just am not sure if it is worth the time, but I am sure I will continue to play.

I also have come to know people here, albeit marginally, but they are people I enjoy keeping up with and seeing. It is nice knowing that they are still around this site just like I am.

So, I suppose you could say competition and friends are what keep bringing me back.

Fantasticone 02-27-2014 01:22 AM

Who knows, almost here for 1/3 of my life. Guess I want to see how it ends.

ilikexd 02-27-2014 03:07 AM

the what keeps you coming back to ffr threads

AlexDest 02-27-2014 03:12 AM

It's a community that I can share interests in.

i.e. you guys are da best

XelNya 02-27-2014 03:18 AM

Certainly not the community.

Personally I keep coming back mostly out of habit. I do still play the game here and there though.