Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Dynamic in game character (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115232)

Izzy 11-8-2010 09:48 PM

Dynamic in game character

We should make it so the character inside the game that shows up on your score screen is actually your avatar from the forum. That would make score screenshots a lot more lively looking.

Thoughts?

MrMagic5239 11-8-2010 09:49 PM

Re: Dynamic in game character

Agreed!

+1 support.

devonin 11-8-2010 09:53 PM

What about people who have an animated gif as their avatar?

Izzy 11-8-2010 09:53 PM

First frame of the gif or just say unsupported type and be the normal characters.

foxfire667 11-8-2010 09:59 PM

That would be pretty interesting, granted though that your stats screen would always remain the same in terms of your character expression regardless of score.

I personally made an awesome face character mod I'm quite satisfied with for FFR quite a few months back...I should start using it again!

i love you 11-8-2010 10:01 PM

Haha i love the idea. +1 Support

igotrhythm 11-8-2010 10:15 PM

I'm more in favor of the release of more character portrait sets myself. Seriously, you only have six girls and six guys to choose from, and it's been the same cast for HOW long?

Also, if this were to be implemented, we'd need to take into account the size of the portraits and restrict forum avatar image sizes appropriately to make sure they'd fit in the frame (compressing the image a la MeTrivia just doesn't have the same effect).

Izzy 11-8-2010 10:17 PM

You can also take the largest possible square originating from the top left with the width of the avatar. Or the height if that is actually shorter then the width.

MrMagic5239 11-8-2010 11:54 PM

I think just making it a solid size and making the game regenerate it would be easier. Kind of like your profile picture on the main page, is smaller then it is in the forums.

Dragon Shot 11-9-2010 06:04 AM

It was already on my todo list and is already added to my engine. Code was already made to do this exact thing.

customstuff 11-9-2010 06:18 AM

Pfft. It's not like anyone have animated avatars... errr...

TC_Halogen 11-9-2010 11:00 AM

Interesting. We'd have to find different facial expressions for all of them? I still like this idea.

Izzy 11-9-2010 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon Shot (Post 3339506)
It was already on my todo list and is already added to my engine. Code was already made to do this exact thing.

Very cool. I hope to see it in action in the near future.