Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

t-rogdor 08-28-2012 06:58 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Submissions OPEN)

song choice seems bland but i ain't gonna hate considering i still step flashbulb songs

but like for real can't you just take "FFR All Stars" and live w/ it dogg. Don't gotta add pony to the title, i'm p sure the song choice will let people know

Wayward Vagabond 08-28-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebirth0 (Post 3757143)
Submitted:

Rebirth's OP
- jacks umad

Hyper Highspeed Star (Rebirth vs. Izzy)
- collab between me and Izzy obviously.

My files might have shitty offset because my new computer is full retard on stepmania, so you guys might have to tweak that.

will keep in mind

Rebirth0 08-28-2012 07:03 PM

I have TGWP v2 but I'm not even sure if you guys would play it since its 17 minutes long. I already have confirmation that it can go in game and isn't an issue.

Should I submit that also? (even though its 3 minutes late, whatever)

00Razor00 08-28-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 3757027)
except it isnt because you arent putting in as much as as someone who stepped a file on their own. if you think that getting credit on your profile and having your fancy stepartist title is what makes or breaks stepping a collab file then you have your intentions all screwed the **** up. you dont step a file to get recognition on a forum you step a file because you enjoy creating things yourself and other people will enjoy playing. if you care more about the title than you do about stepping then please dont step anymore

carlos spittin mad truth up in this post

Wayward Vagabond 08-28-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebirth0 (Post 3757167)
I have TGWP v2 but I'm not even sure if you guys would play it since its 17 minutes long. I already have confirmation that it can go in game and isn't an issue.

iirc the song limit for a file is 8:53 or something like that

Rebirth0 08-28-2012 07:22 PM

Velocity fixed whatever was limiting that, so we can have unlimited length now I think

He also changed the max possible score from 8.5 million to like 1 billion

MarioNintendo 08-28-2012 07:23 PM

Isn't the batch closed?

qqwref 08-28-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebirth0 (Post 3757181)
Velocity fixed whatever was limiting that, so we can have unlimited length now I think

I don't think so, at least not on the old engines. The newest ones should be able to play arbitrarily long files though since they don't run off an actual swf level. And swf levels are limited to ~9mins unless you use tricks.

00Razor00 08-28-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 3757182)
Isn't the batch closed?

it's been closed for 30 minutes now xd

bmah 08-28-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichliebekase (Post 3756932)
^^

Thanks ichlie for relaying the message!
Guys, stop worrying about whether your song was received or not. Check your sent messages folder in whatever email you use; if you've sent the message to ffrsubmissions@gmail.com, then WE'VE GOT IT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrawnSkunk (Post 3756939)
I don't care for the fact that collabs are worth half that of a regular file. There's no incentive to work together with someone else to make a file. New stepartists (me included) don't want to work with anyone because they won't get their Stepartist title, won't get recognition on their profile, and won't get full points.

Right now collab files are a penalty, instead of being encouraged. In my opinion, bringing two unique stepping styles to refine one stepfile is worth more than a file made by one individual.

I want to step with other people, but I don't feel I want to do that because FFR treats that as a handicap.

Are collabs a "penalty"? Only in the sense that you did not fully create a file by yourself. Collabs are worth half a point each because you did not create an entire file; you only contributed to it by an arbitrary amount. In this light, points quantify the amount of work you've successfully submitted. We're not saying that collabs create "worse" files than individually-created ones.

Also, please do listen to Wayward Vagabond's reply. Don't start off with the wrong mindset. You are NOT stepping to "get more files in the game". You should step for the enjoyment of stepping.

Quote:

Originally Posted by megamon88 (Post 3757022)
Speaking of collabs, I heard that if more than 3 people collab on a file it'll be credited as "FFR All Stars", is there any way we could change this to say, for example, "Team Pony All Stars"? We're planning something like this so it would be nice to know.

I doubt it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebirth0 (Post 3757167)

I think that file could be saved for something special...you may want to refer to jimerax for further details.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 3757180)
iirc the song limit for a file is 8:53 or something like that

Not anymore. Velocity has indeed removed this limit. However, there are some bugs that have to be worked out in respect to scoring.

justin_ator 08-28-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3757210)
Not anymore. Velocity has indeed removed this limit. However, there are some bugs that have to be worked out in respect to scoring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3742730)
I can bypass the normal 16k frame limit, so a 17 minute song is possible. It's the problem of scores, where the max score is only 8 million...

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3742764)
What kind of recoding would it take to break down the total score cap?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3742769)
Fixed the score issue, won't affect any new levels made after today.

The new max score is:

^^^

Rebirth0 08-28-2012 07:55 PM

Might as well add a rule that you can't submit a file that has more than 500 trillion notes, as the max score doesn't support more than 500 trillion

bmah 08-28-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3757214)
^^^

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

jimerax 08-28-2012 08:09 PM

Batch is closed like an hour ago (being a bit late posting).

Rebirth: If you want the tgwp v2 file to be used in the game, submit to this batch asap. It will be most likely used in the event/token due to the length if accepted.

I'm still not 100% sure about technical issues yet, but at least it should be submitted before it is used anyways.

PrawnSkunk 08-28-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3757210)
You are NOT stepping to "get more files in the game". You should step for the enjoyment of stepping.

Fair enough, just as of now I *am* stepping files for the soul purpose of getting them in game. I'd like others to see my work since I'm not a musician or artist. I want to have points so I can have a higher submission cap. And I'd quite like having a title other than "FFR Player" for the past 5 years - So if my "intentions are all screwed the **** up", wc, then OK.

kommisar 08-28-2012 08:15 PM

there's nothing wrong with that, but if you're not enjoying yourself or if you don't enjoy your work, then there isn't much point.

same can be said about making quick dumps and sending them to judges when there was no effort put into it.

Rebirth0 08-28-2012 08:17 PM

I also had an idea of stepping all of Yonderdome. Not sure though

But ok I'll submit it in a few minutes

bmah 08-28-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrawnSkunk (Post 3757233)
Fair enough, just as of now I *am* stepping files for the soul purpose of getting them in game. I'd like others to see my work since I'm not a musician or artist. I want to have points so I can have a higher submission cap. And I'd quite like having a title other than "FFR Player" for the past 5 years - So if my "intentions are all screwed the **** up", wc, then OK.

Start with submitting singles instead of collabs. Once you've got a few things under your belt, then perhaps you can expand onto other things. That's my suggestion if you really are worked up for what amounts to nothing but a superficial title.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 (Post 3757234)
wait if song length isn't an issue anymore then i'm totally stepping all of yonderdome

Well I'd hold it until you're absolutely sure that you've stepped an awesome marathon song. I can't imagine the judges wanting to play a ton of very long songs within a single batch. I'm fairly sure that most extremely long songs will have to be something "special" as opposed to a regular sight.